[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just started playing Secret of Mana. Everything is great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: secret-of-mana-06.png (40KB, 220x112px) Image search: [Google]
secret-of-mana-06.png
40KB, 220x112px
So I just started playing Secret of Mana. Everything is great except I can't stand the "wait till 100% for full strength" thing.

Does it get fun eventually? Any other games like SoM without this? Doesn't necessarily have to be on the SNES
>>
>>3348429
SD3 gets rid of the charge bar. Play that instead.
>>
The game instantly becomes much easier and enjoyable once you unlock magic.
>>
I had a blast playing this three-player with my brother and a friend.
>>
>>3348429
The sequel (Seiken Densetsu 3) removes the charge mechanic and is a tad more button-mashy. You might like that one better.
>>
stucking in boss' room after defeating it is bigger problem.
>>
>>3348471
I'm not going to lie, it sucked grinding out magic. When I was a kid I felt obligated to get every spell to the max level whenever I got a new seed. It was cool out the spell animations would change just a little bit once you started to get them to higher levels.

Also, weapon charges are pretty useless besides maybe one level charges. I remember that a lot of high weapon charges looked really cool but often times the attack animations were weird and you wouldn't hit too much.

Secret of Mana was a large step up from Final Fantasy Adventure, but SD3 was the pinnacle.
>>
>>3348429
The game lives pretty much entirely off its atmosphere. It's music, its sense of humour. The combat is.. well, mediocre. The waiting is annoying, half the weapons are awful, and a fair number of bosses have hitboxes that basically lolnope conventional weapons, while being flattened in no time at all by magic. The latter actually applies to basically all bosses once you have magic.

In short, no. The combat doesn't become better. The rest's still good, though, and the sheer stomp that is magic makes the annoying parts of the gameplay pretty much a breeze. Also, grinding basically isn't necessary once you're past the tiger.
>>
>>3348429
It becomes less worrisome once you have another party member. So it gets fun~
>>
>>3348935
>>3348454
The charge is still there, what are you talking about?
Just because the percent-bar is absent doesn't mean the charge is suddenly gone. Did you never notice how the battles actually work in that game?
>>
>>3349795
This guy knows. It took me several playthroughs to realize the game isn't a button mashing fest. Once you know how the game plays, you only attack every few seconds, exactly like in SoM.

Addressing OPs issue, this isn't a huge deal once you get more characters. Also at later levels your speed is tied to how fast the meter gets to 100%,
>>
>>3348429
Legend of mana?
>>
>>3348429
game is best with friends.
If you are playing alone, you need to learn to rotate players.
Multitap this bad boy for a shit ton of fun with 2 bros
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.