[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of these guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gfs_46779_1_3.jpg (3KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_46779_1_3.jpg
3KB, 256x240px
What does /vr/ think of these guys?
>>
>>3346728
Niche games, but not my cup of tea.
>>
>>3346728
Best grand strategy developer ever.
>>
>>3346728
shitty games like aerobiz and other shit like the pirate game. all complete shit, but 20 year olds think they da bomb. sub 40% reviews for every koei game
>>
>>3346728
They have good box art
>>
File: Uncharted Waters-2.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted Waters-2.png
8KB, 256x224px
I absolutely adore Uncharted Waters 1 and 2, but could never get into their other stuff.

>not a fan of those land conquering games.
>>
Experts at historical simulations.
>>
>>3346728
They have a curious history.
They basically started with all those tactics games like Nobunaga's Ambition, RoTK and surprisingly complex management/sim/RPG hybrids like Uncharted Waters and shat those out for years, occasionally they also made some RPGs with some pretty interesting gimmicks like Inindo or mindblowingly elaborated stuff like Zill O'll.
Now it's basically MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, remake of old strategy game, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, Atelier, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES, MUSOU GAMES.

They're fine though, I personally don't like musou games that much but their minor projects are pretty enjoyable and their retro stuff is pretty good if you like strategy games or standard RPGs, they have a few real hidden gems as well.
>>
Uncharted Waters 2 is godly and Gemfire will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
I really liked their Genesis strategy games, Genghis Khan 2 in particular.
>>
>>3346849
Gemfire is the most accesible of their grand srtategy stuff. I like it

Sad its still a tad slow
>>
Do any of you know of a good DL link to the PC version of ROTK 4?
>>
>>3346884
Yeah I believe it was my first strategy game. Even though it's basically a buy low/sell high breadmonger sim I still get pumped every time I hear the soundtrack.
>>
Just picked up romance of the 3 kingdoms on nes, still learning how to play it since the controls are odd but I hope its as fun as I want it to be.
>>
I like to lurk down the cereal aisle at walmart chanting Nooobunaaaagaaas Ambitiiioooonnn in a low and pumped-up voice later at night.
That's the extent of my experience with KOEI, sorry to say.
>>
>>3346728

I feel like I'm the only kid with a P.T.O. 2 cart.

basically introduced me to WW2 strategy sims. After getting that and RoTK, I bought anything labeled Koei.

until the Musou era, Not that DW is bad. just too many of them.
>>
2complicated4me.

Or rather, I just can't bring myself to pay attention to them long enough to give them a fair chance.
>>
I've been a fan of Koei games since playing RoTK III on the Genesis. I wish they would put out a new single player Uncharted Waters.
>>
File: 51085_front.jpg (106KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
51085_front.jpg
106KB, 640x461px
>>3346771
>>
ROTKVI is one of my favorite videogames
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.