[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vr/ feel about Syphon Filter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Syphon_Filter_USA.jpg (1MB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Syphon_Filter_USA.jpg
1MB, 1417x1417px
How does /vr/ feel about Syphon Filter?
>>
Indifferent
>>
>>3345363
I don't remember much about it. I think I actually played the demo for it more than the final game.

The taser was fun to mess around with, and the sniper shotgun is ridiculous. I think that thing shoots slugs.
>>
GABE
>>
loved it growing up but it was hard as fuck in the later levels

tasing people until they set on fire was awesome
>>
gaberunslikeagirl
>>
Good fun. One of the great PS1 series where you can still buy every title for less than $10 loose.
>>
I remember being about 8 when I played it first. I didn't like it. My friend owned a ps1 and I had a 64. It was because of this game that I never played mgs. Figured they were the same. 20 years later I play mgs and realize it's a better version of Zelda oot. Fuck Syphon Filter.
>>
>>3345449
A distinctly remember a review for SF2 saying, "In the first game, Gabe runs like he has a diaper full of poo. In the second game, it's a little better--he still has the diaper, but no poo."

>>3345363
1 and 2 are still awesome games that I enjoy replaying.
>>
File: justo.jpg (75KB, 634x680px)
justo.jpg
75KB, 634x680px
>>3347176
>I play mgs and realize it's a better version of Zelda oot
>>
I've never played it

some kid I knew always called it syphoon filter

he pronounced syphon like typhoon

he's dead now, crashed his truck while drunk

that's all
>>
>>3347185
I always remember that being an artifact of PSX games due to how some characters were modeled in clear segments. Always seemed like a lot of characters had a clearly defined crotch/ass section to remove the stiffness on some motion.
>>
>>3345449

That's how agents run. Even Ninjas have their own special running technique.
>>
Had excellent weapons for a psx game.
>>
>>3345363
The poor mans metal gear solid
>>
>>3347807
How's it anything like metal gear?
>>
>>3348108
I honestly don't think he's played either game.
>>
>bubsy 3D developers
its shit 0/10
>>
I hate how you cant save the game in SF1 until you "kill" Aramov
>>
>>3348152
That's one hell of a quality difference then.
>>
>>3345393

>>heard that with the radio channel crackle noise.

I'm on it
>>
>>3345363
Fucking awesome if you look past the controls
>>
It was always fun /kinda weird to shoot your teammates dead body (they were killed by the enemy ai already for example) and having your entire allies turn against you and chase you shooting you.
Just liked to see how long I would last.
>>
>>3345363
Great game, unfortunately only famous for TASERLOL!!! from casuals who only read about it, saw the commercial, or played the demo.
Same thing happens with Tomb Raider when people just know about 'Laura Croft's bewbs', never finding out there are fantastic games there if their retard minds could see past the unique controls/graphics.
>>
Still need to play 3 and possibly the PS2 ones.
>>
>>3349610
I liked most of 3, except the afghan convoy mission and the ending fight, but in all fairness the ending battle was usually the weakest part of the games. That fucking convoy though, good luck with that one.

I still remember the first time I played 3. Uncle had put a modchip in my PS1, and was pirating games for me to play. Got Syphon Filter 3 about 3-4 weeks before it was being sold. I didn't know that, and so I turned to the official forums online when I got stuck on the 2nd or 3rd mission cause my blind ass couldn't find the mine detector. The other forum users were confused about why I was looking for a mine detector in that level, since there was nothing like that in SF2, and why I kept talking about the "jungle" level I was in. I soon realized where I was making a mistake and bailed hard.
>>
>>3345363
Loved them all as a kid, i was kind of dismayed when i found out the series has a bad rep with other people
>>
>>3348997
> tomb raider
> fantastic games
Huh
>>
>>3348997
Ask people what they remember about Tomb Raider and very few of them say "BOOOOOOOOOBS".
>>
>>3349834
This is true. I wasn't the biggest TR fan, but what I remember was needing very exact timing and controls to get anywhere, like a 3D Prince of Persia before we got a 3D PoP. I remember thinking "Man, I don't have the skills for this."
>>
>>3349837
Your mind was on the right track. You should treat it like a cinematic platformer rather than a 3D platformer until you git gud
>>
>>3349834
Not that guy but I have seen plenty of people post and say "the only reason TR was ever popular is because of Lara Croft and T&A, the games always sucked" which is probably just being dense or trolling, but people do say it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.