[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to play RPGs with a baterry save, or any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1373042375866.png (89KB, 387x260px) Image search: [Google]
1373042375866.png
89KB, 387x260px
Is there any reason to play RPGs with a baterry save, or any long game in general, when it can easily be emulated?
I can understand the appeal of arcadey, action games on the original console, there's charm in it. But battery saves are just gambling with your free time and handicapping yourself.
>>
Is there any point in grinding in an RPG and not just leveling your characters with a hex editor until you win?
>>
>>3341380
Some games require you to save and restart the game to trigger flags. DQIII being one that comes to my mind first.
>>
>>3341380
>Is there any reason to play RPGs in an emulator? Hard drive saves are just gambling with your free time.
If you're too retarded to back up your saves you deserve what you get regardless of how they're stored. I won't even get in to the whole FRAM thing until you're old enough to understand it.
>>
I got the Sega collection on PS2 with the intent to play Phantasy Star 2-4. After I got it I read something about game erasing glitches so I said screw it and just emu'd them. I felt way more secure doing it and had no problems at all.
>>
>>3341380
>battery saves are just gambling with your free time
Gee what a shame it would be if the one in a million chance happens and I lose 20 hours of gameplay mid-game. Wotta wuss. That's nothing. The only likely event is that old saves will die, and who fucken cares? If you come back to a game after years you're not gonna want to load up an old save.
> and handicapping yourself.
You wot? Saving when you're not supposed to be able to save is outright cheating. So not being a lameo wanker is a handicap, is it?
>>
>>3342691
>i got my first rpg 2day. eb repro. guaranteed the battery lasts forever except those one in a million chance the battery dies. lol. like that's going to happen. got it from a guy on russian ebay whos totally legit. anyway my mommy always plugs in my phone to charge if i 4get an fall 2sleep. same thing, amirite? would blog longer here but i have to get back to tumbler. loves and kisses from a worthless sack of shit attention whore who has nothing to offer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.