[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come fighting games age like milk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: world heroes.jpg (561KB, 2850x2850px) Image search: [Google]
world heroes.jpg
561KB, 2850x2850px
How come fighting games age like milk?
>>
Because you have no friends to play against.
>>
Fighting games really don't age at all. A good one will remain playable forever.

Nobody played this game back then for the same reasons they don't now

Stop trying to be a hipster faggot finding "obscure games", the fighting genre is already somewhat obscure, the games people consider good are the good ones and the ones you never hear about are typically the bad ones

Faggot
>>
Fighting games don't age, even if they're old. They're good or bad from the start and don't change.

Some are just more played than others for different reasons, the most prevalent being that people don't want to go out of their comfort zone. Case in point: the US dickriding SF, MK and Smash.

Like many games of that time, people wrote down WH as a cheap SF ripoff, which is unfortunate. Game is quite fun, even with the broken stuff. It has some proto-airdasher mechanics.
>>
File: 90888-Virtua_Fighter_(32X)-2.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
90888-Virtua_Fighter_(32X)-2.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>3340985
>games
>age

t. underage
>>
File: mgs.jpg (66KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
mgs.jpg
66KB, 484x484px
>>3340985
How come moviegames age like milk?
>>
?????

New Street Fighter and KoF games are pretty much the same shit as ever, only now with 3D graphics and a casualized story mode as the arcade difficulty would make the babies upset. I can slightly agree with Battle Arena Toshinden, when I was a kid it was kinda impressive but nowadays the game is so bad it's laughable, not sure about the sequels and the SD versions
>>
Most people who shit on old fighting games complain about big hitboxes, high damage and stun, throws and projectiles being really good, long blockstun, and "slow gameplay" (despite them having faster walkspeed, jumps and frame data).

But that's what old fighting game players love about those games.

Despite RNGs. People really overreact over these.
>>
>>3341630
This, fighting games have remained largely unchanged over the years. Also if you look at fighting game tournaments they still competitively play 15+ year old games. It's probably the worst genre to try and make the "games age" argument about.
>>
>>3340985
maybe a better question is why do game that were once very popular lose respect, over time? I think part of that is because the fighting genre is very insular. a lot of games borrow ideas from each other, or innovate in response to each other. this means we have a solid march of progress from objectively poorer games towards more challenging, fun, better crafted games.

some old games, like the Darkstalker games are still interesting and fun to play. some other games, like BA Toshinden have been shown to be trite and heavily reliant on flash and fanfare, rather than solid gameplay.

like other anons have said, some games were popular because of their wild art styles, not because they were actually good games. Other games, we played and liked because we didn't have better games to compare them to. now we have some fantastic paragons of the Fighting genre, so those old faves feel cheap and clunky, by comparison.
>>
>>3341567
I know this is pretty much bait, but I just replayed this game last year and it honestly really holds up.
>>
>>3342382
having said that, I will always love Samurai Showdown 2, Zero Divide, and Vampire Hunter/Nightwarriors. Some old games you just can't replace!
>>
>>3342391
I really wonder if this is just a single faggot with a hateboner for MGS. I mean, this game is regularly heralded as one of the best, if not THE best, the Playstation had to offer. and given how long the games industry desperately wanted to be the movie industry, how is calling a game a "movie game" supposed to be an insult?
>>
File: 1467498897274.jpg (874KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1467498897274.jpg
874KB, 1836x3264px
I like World Heroes
Rasputin FTW
>>
>>3342391
of course it is

mgs1 is the shit even today
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.