[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega sadness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: wigli.jpg (408KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wigli.jpg
408KB, 1600x1200px
Hey dudes, wanted to know if any Genesis/Mega Drive 'thusiasts can help me, as I've had some issues with my Euro Model II.

The controller keeps disconnecting on its own. Sometimes only half the pads buttons stop working, sometimes only up and right on the dpad seem to work and I have to wiggle the input to get it working normally again, which often results in the game crashing. It's an official six button pad I bought on ebay which has apparently been refurbished and tested. It's in good condition and there's no damage to the cable or on the pins on the console itself. With the right amount of wiggling I can get it to work fine, but the slightest movement of the cable screws it up, and strangely some games are harder to keep working than others (streets of rage II works almost flawlessly, but I cant play earthworm jim for more than 2 mins before it cuts out).

Apologies for the essay, but does anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?
>>
Have you tried using another pad?
>>
>>3340662
It's either a contract that's dirty, a wire that's pinched or a solder joint that's cracked. Start by cleaning the black contact points inside the controller
>>
>>3340667
OP here, sadly not; its the only one I have. Did have a couple of third-party pads but neither of them worked at all.

>>3340675
Will try this, cheers for the tip!
>>
>>3340662
>'thusiasts
>>>/reddit/
>>
Also just so you know not all games work properly with the 6 button
>>
I recently had to reflow the soldering between the port and mainboard to fix a similar problem. It's a well known issue with megadrives.

Definitely worth taking the pad apart and giving it a thorough clean first though.
>>
>>3340662
>'thusiasts
No one can help you.
>>
File: SJ6000front.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
SJ6000front.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>3340662
can anyone tell me if the dpad on these pads are as good as the japanese 6 button ones?
>>
Same exact thing happened on one of my Model 2s. It was the controller port. All the controllers that I tried did that, and they all worked on a different console.
>>
>>3340662
Could be an NTSC controller desperately trying to distance itself from PAL cancer.
>>
File: sega-d-pad.jpg (42KB, 691x420px) Image search: [Google]
sega-d-pad.jpg
42KB, 691x420px
>>3342917
According to this:
https://c0d3h4x0r.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/65/
All the sixers use the same mechanism.

Anecdotally I think that it would take something truly miraculous to better my MK-1653.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.