[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resident Evil thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
So this is downloading. Never played the original or the REmake before. I've played RE2, Code Veronica and RE4 (liked all of them).

Any tips? Haven't played any RE in years. Also which control scheme am I supposed to use? I remember hearing that one of them is 'wrong' because it makes the movement too easy and wasn't in the original.

Also is it a good remaster? Is REmake better than the original?
>>
not retro.
but yes, its the best remake ever done.
>>
Play with "original" control schemes.

Enemy design was made with those controls in mind, and allowing the player new moves without changing anything else is breaking the entire gameplay balance. It would be like adding jump to Doom, or double jump to Super Mario Bros, etc

Here is how much more simpler it is to bait zombies, and it's just an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl1yrt4Scec

Otherwise, yes, it's the best version of the game.
Additionally you should play in 4/3 too, the new "widescreen support" most of the time consist in a zoom in and you're losing parts of the background.
>>
Definitely better, my favorite game. Actually has a few scares in it compared to the pure cheese that was the original. You're in for a treat.

Tips; don't kill everyone. They'll come back as crimson heads and they suck. Try to dodge and only shoot if you can't get around something. Pick up defense items, handy as fuck. Don't bother collecting all the herbs and first aid sprays, just use them if you're desperate - wastes inventory space.

>>3336269
It's technically allowed because it's a remake of a retro game.

>>3336362
This. Play with tank controls, don't use the action shit.
>>
>>3336263
I've got mixed feelings about REmake now

Because these days every time I talk to anyone they go on about how "Resident Evil on PS1 hasn't aged well. Go ahead and just play REmake. It's so much better."

YES it is. But people absolutely HAVE to experience the original Resident Evil, shitty voice acting and all.
>>
>>3336378
>It's technically allowed because it's a remake of a retro game.
Even if it's not (it is tho) let this simply be a general RE thread.
>>
>>3336383
Any time the topic of Resident Evil is brought up in WatchMojo.com videos, they encourage people to never play the original and always go with REmake instead.

Makes my blood boil.
>>
>>3336437
>watching WatchMojo videos

There's your first mistake
>>
Is this game scary?
>>
>>3336263
The alternative makes it easier to move, but camera angle changes can fuck you over. The original is the tank controls you're familiar with.

The difficulty of REmake is significantly higher than in the original in various areas, especially since killing zombies is a bad idea. Because they eventually rise up as much more powerful Crimson Heads, which are the immature forms of the lickers you see in RE2

If you get framerate drops on the PC version (very common issue), lower the shadow quality. That worked for me
>>
>>3336451
It depends on how easily scared you are. There are a few jump scares but they're spread out over the course of the game. The general vibe of the game is creepy and dark.

Some might find the monsters like the hunters or dogs scary. I don't think most people would be scared of the zombies, they're a regular occurrence in movies and shows now. The real fear comes from being cornered by several monsters, running low on ammo or being chased by crimson heads/hunters.

When you realize the behavioral patterns of most creatures and learn what their growls/screams mean, you can get around them easily.
>>
>>3336383
While I don't hold it against REmake, I agree that people should at least try playing RE1 first.
>>
What difficulty should I do my first ever playthrough on?

Normally I start games on hard even on the first time but not sure about this one since I haven't played many games like these (only re2, cv and re4 if that even counts). Would hard be overwhelming for the first time through? I consider myself to be an above average, non-retard gamer btw.
>>
>>3336383
I love the original Resident Evil. It's got a certain charm that most people don't understand.

I also love the tank controls
>>
>>3338767
>It's got a certain charm that most people don't understand.
It really does. Problem is, I think it was mandatory to experience the game back in 96 to 'get' it, for me at least.
>>
>>3336263
goddamn where's the magic item management teleporter boxes? fug
>>
>>3339721
In every safe room (and sometimes in random places, like the lab).
>>
If you shoot a zombie but don't kill it and then leave the room and come back later will the game remember the HP or will it be reset?
>>
>>3341678
The game will remember the HP.

IIRC every main RE since RE2 remembers HP.
>>
>>3341682
I don't think so, well maybe in REmake and 0 it remembers the HP but honestly even then I doubt it, but in the original games I'm pretty sure it resets.
>>
Reminder that RE3, CV and Zero are hot garbage.
>>
>>3342560
I agree about Code Veronica and 0 but I've always loved RE3:Nemesis, personally. My only real complaint is that it is too short.
>>
>>3342560
CV introduced me to incest doujins though
>>
>>3342570
3 isn't that much shorter than 2 for instance.

The difference is that in 2 they make you replay the game FOUR times with 90% being the same every time; while in 3, the different stuff triggers depending on your action. It's artificial length and it still baffles me that people are okay with something like that.
Instead of having 4 static scenarios which are all 90% the same, RE3 has 1 scenario with a variables, more freedom of action, etc, but in terms of actual unique content, if we'd take all the unique content of RE2 and all the unique content of RE3, it would be more or less the same length.
>>
Is REmake objectively the best Resident Evil? How would you rank the entire series?
>>
>>3342560
B-but I liked cv
>>
>>3342739
I liked CV too. The I think the current /vr/ meme is to hate though.
>>
>>3342560

RE2 is literally the same game twice and RE1 is dated trash
>>
>>3336263
Play the original first
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.