[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First 30 minutes of Mizzurna Falls already translated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: twin peaks.jpg (57KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks.jpg
57KB, 640x639px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYYm9sAMK0

Happening status: H A P P E N I N G
>>
>>3334286

Nice
>>
I love the internet, man. It can be the centre of the most vapid shit, but it's also filled with people that will work for free just because they love shit and want to share.
>>
Also, anyone in /vr/ on watch over the translated games for PSX, ended or in process?
>>
fuck yes where's a thread?
>>
If the translation team sees this...we all owe you. Thank you.
>>
>>3334286
When did the translation effort for this game start? Never heard of it, but it looks really interesting and I'd love to play it when it's finished
>>
In was able to figure out what to do all the way into the library by trial and error and I got some item from on top a bookcase or something moving and stacking boxes but I couldn't figure out what to trigger next.

Amazing tech though. Totally deserves translation. Would have been a hit in the US I think, but there does seem like tons and tons of text.
>>
the whole game is translated and has been for a while, only 1 translator did the whole game

projectmizzurna.tumblr.com

now someone is just hacking it into the game
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-04+at+09.58.36).png (10KB, 378x157px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-04+at+09.58.36).png
10KB, 378x157px
>>3334745
This gemini guy seems to have quite a track record on him
>>
>>3334354

So much this.

A lot of great stuff only came out because of a bunch of selfless people.

God bless them!
>>
>>3334745
https://twitter.com/resident_eevee
She seems to be the one that did the translation effort

https://twitter.com/REBehindtheMask
And this dude is the one hacking it in

What a wonderful place the internet is
>>
>>3336737
No idea. But honestly they're entitled to it, I understand that it's unusual (but no unprecedented) in the romhacking scene but really you have to consider that it's their hard work, this shit doesn't come from the aether, some real people have to put their actual time and hard work into it.
>>
>>3336747
It sounds pretty illegal to charge money for a resident evil romhack. I'm surprised Capcom hasn't shut them down.
>>
>>3336780
It's a patch, everything in the patch it's their content. You can choose to apply it to your legal copy of the game that you bought and posteriorly ripped the ISO in your PC ;).

Seriously though there's nothing illegal about romhacks.
>>
>>3336780
>Seriously though there's nothing illegal about romhacks.
Yeah I know, but isn't illegal to charge money to play the hack? I mean it's literally capcom's original work they're repurposing for their own profit.
>>
>>3336794
Nope. Again, they're selling the patch, everything in the patch is theirs, they're allowed to do with it whatever they want.
I'm sure if Capcom wanted they could bully them in court until they folded, but theoretically there are no grounds for them to win, they would have to make the lawsuit about something else.

Like when Bleem made that Bleemcast emulator, Sony bullied them in court until they went bankrupt, and Sony lost every lawsuit, but Bleem went dry in legal fees.
>>
>>3336807
Well I'm not paying $30 for a translation patch for a prototype video game from 1996. Fuck, not even Skyrim charged that much for paid mods on steam. The audacity of a couple neckbeards to charge that much because they can hack a Playstation ISO is pretty astounding.
>>
>>3336787
Technically, you're wrong. A patch doesn't contain 100% of original code, some of the code inside is from the game. One translation that suffered from a C&D was the Type-0 PSP translation. There's also the fact that Squeenix released a translated version, but the romhacker's patch had a lot of the game's logic and code inside it.

Either way, charging money for romhacks is looked unfavorably upon even by other romhackers.
>>
>>3336840
The Type-0 translation received a DMCA, not a C&D, I think (the effect was mostly the same). The patch had hard-subbed videos inside, so Squeenix took advantage of that, because their videos are copyrighted material.
>>
>>3336831
Then don't, I won't either, I'm not arguing if it's worth the price.
I just think it's silly demanding for someone to work on something for free, it's obviously up to them.
>>
>>3336858
Actually, the "patch" was just a modified ISO with extra info. Releasing translations as ISOs/ROMs is a big no-no. You can see games already patched on torrent/rom sites, but the patch creator actually doing that would just be shooting themselves on the foot.
>>
>>3336721

>https://twitter.com/resident_eevee
She's kinda hot, I wanna have consensual sexual intercourse with her.
>>
>>3334286
oh wow, now I'm curious about the finished translation
>>
>>3336840
The script is still their intellectual property and you can't release a translation without a script.
Though "translations" often make a lot of shit up so it might be allowed.
>>
>>3336840
It depends on how exactly you patch it. A properly made binary patch can contain 0% of the original code and be 100% useless data without a copy of the original.

If your patch is "Replace these files with these other files", then you're likely distributing copyrighted data.
If your patch is "Flip these bits", then you're not distributing anything even vaguely related to the original data.
>>
>>3336831
Excuse me, do you have to buy this Mizzurna Falls translation, is it not free?
>>
File: udhc6al.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
udhc6al.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>3334745
>>3335547
>>3336721
>>
>>3339128
It's $30 on their pateron.
>>
>>3339950
$30 for a romhack? Shit, I respect their work but thats too much.
>>
>>3339950
is it complete or what?

link?
>>
what pieces of shit trying to charge for a translation. Meanwhile, the creators of Fallout 1.5 Resurrection (a Fallout 2 mod that took 10 years in the making) had this to say about money:

> Is there a way to somehow send you money?

>We appreciate it, but we won't be setting up anything like that. We don't hold any rights to the Fallout universe, so receiving money for a Fallout 2 modification could in theory get us into legal trouble. And we wouldn't even know how to split it between all the people that took part in the development of Resurrection. But most importantly, we didn't create Resurrection for the money.
>>
>>3339950
The fuck are you talking about, projectmizzurna doesn't even have a patreon linked anywhere in their tumblr blog, nor their twitters, or their personal websites.

Are you honestly pulling that out of your ass or do you have a source.
>>
>>3340648
>what pieces of shit trying to charge for a translation
They aren't. And even if they were, you're the one being retarded demanding people to work for free. All we can do is be thankful of the people willing to do it.
>>
>>3339950
There isn't anything in patreon about Mizzurna Falls though?
>>
Ok, so what is this game about? Looks like 3D visual novel.
>>
>>3340779
By all accounts it's an early Shenmue-like free roam 3D adventure game with Twin Peaks-like atmosphere.
>>
File: l.php.gif (561KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.gif
561KB, 625x626px
>>3340648
Oh anon-chan.
>>
>>3339950
Congratulations Anon your level of dumbfuckery was so great that even the devs had to intervene.
>>
File: video games.jpg (26KB, 367x163px) Image search: [Google]
video games.jpg
26KB, 367x163px
>google mizzurna falls
>related: muppet racemania
>>
>>3342084
Muppets are cool dude
>>
>>3342181
waka waka!
>>
>>3342014
Godspeed!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.