[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: lies.gif (770KB, 677x461px) Image search: [Google]
lies.gif
770KB, 677x461px
Wtf?
>>
I don't get it.
>>
>>3334183
?
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>3334183
you know the parakoopas lose their wings when they get hit too.
>>
File: lies.png (25KB, 373x370px) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
25KB, 373x370px
>>3334184
>>3334185
this

>>3334189
What? Has this been discussed before? Then mind telling us what's happening?
>>
>>3334193
No, I mean, why the fuck does the shell hit it so late? Where the hell is its hitbox?
>>
>>3334205
the hitbox of the shell is obviously huge, retard
>>
>>3334219
the game does not register a collision until the shell overlaps almost half the paragoomba. So neither the top half of the paragoomba nor the bottom half of the shell must be part of their respective hitboxes
>>
File: 1416163010618.png (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1416163010618.png
71KB, 500x500px
>>3334205
Oh.

I dunno, man. It always felt like the hitbox was always just a bit higher than the shell's sprite whenever it was falling.
>>
>>3334194
The shell's hitbox is overlapping the goomba's hitbox resulting in the death animation of the goomba in the next frame.
>>
It's a Mario cross up
>>
>>3334219
But why doesn't it hit earlier then. It's already overlapping a couple frames before.
>>
if it had hit earlier, it would've looked weird.
>>
>>3334183
Not having a unique death sprite for winged goobas saved space on the cartridge.
>>
I was playing this today and I was shooting green fireballs while in a toad house. Was this a palette thing? Even Luigi shoots red fireballs normally.
>>
Maybe, instead of 2 boxes overlapping, one box has to cross the centre of the other object.
>>
>>3338073
how do you determine "crossed the center"?
>>
>>3334234
This. Hitboxes are large and there's some specific proportion of overlap that has to occur before "hit" registers. This is all over Mario 3, you should have noticed the physics of it long ago.
>>
>>3338678
Presuming the sprite's origin is its top left corner then it's (x + width / 2), (y / height / 2). That's its geometric centre (if that's what you were asking) - if this centre enters the other sprite's box then a collision is registeres. At least that's my hypothesis.

The video bears this out, I think. It looks better, I think too - like the shell is penetrating the "heart" of the enemy to deal death from within or something.
>>
>>3339220
>y / height
+ height I meant of course.
>>
>>3334183
1.5 A Presses
>>
proof that All Stars remake is objectively superior in EVERY single aspect.
>>
>>3339653
Underrated post
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.