[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm late to the party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg (130KB, 256x341px) Image search: [Google]
Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg
130KB, 256x341px
Just started playing this game this week. Setting is great, characterisation isn't bad but I'm about halfway through my second year of the game and wondering...am I ever going to be satisfied from a gameplay stand point?

I love Lucasarts point and click games but these puzzles just feel uninspired and clunky...do they improve?
>>
>>3333734
Improve? That's the last one.
>>
>>3333743
He means within that game you moran.
>>
puzzles are as cryptic as in monkey island
>>
>>3333743
>>3333835

Monkey Island 4 was the last one.
>>
>>3334042
I like to pretend that Monkey Island 4 doesn't exist.
>>
Pretty sure Grim and Monkey Island 4 are on the same engine, too, so clunky comes with the territory. Are you playing the recent remake? I hear they improved the controls and they certainly couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>3334414
Remaster if you can call it that. The graphics only apply to character models, everything else is in the original form. I assume the controls are changed though.

But yeah, puzzles feel so awkward...gameplay is by far the worst aspect of the game so far, does that change?
>>
I honestly never understood the complaints about the controls, but then again I never thought tank controls were a bad thing in games. Only played through Grim for the first time a few years back too and thought it was all around fantastic in story, presentation and puzzles. Got my ass whipped proper good by a fair few of them but I'll take that over modern adventure games like Telltale's where they're as good as nonexistent (although still enjoyable as something closer to a TV watching experience).

Uninspired? Clunky? Could you maybe try explaining in a bit more depth what you find wrong about the design so there's actually something to talk about?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.