[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>so obsessed with wanting my collection to be perfect >only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 1449528767124.jpg (73KB, 525x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449528767124.jpg
73KB, 525x386px
>so obsessed with wanting my collection to be perfect
>only want unboxed retro consoles
>everything is nearly over $1000
>>
It'd be less expensive to create a time machine and then go back in time to get the games.
>>
>used to be picky about what I pickup
>got a girl pregnant
>oh well family time
>pick whatever up in whatever condition
>we still team up Total Carnage whenever we get the chance

Get laid bro. we meme about the people with collections behind glass containers with shittily thrown together fire hazard lighting all the time but they are really sad in practice.
>>
>>3332297
Poorfag detected. I have a kid and I have a pretty decent collection. Been getting laid since 14 and its never affected my vidya.
>>
>>3332305
This
>>
I have to buy everything brand new. I've spent probably over $50,000 during a 6 year period on video games. 25, no gf
>>
>>3332350
Who cares? Girls are overrated. Chances are if you hang on to that collection for 25 years it will at the very least be worth what you spent on it. Spending money on vidya instead of pissing it away in some bar in hopes of fucking some skank seems fine to me. Or spending it on a car, or something else. Its your hobby and makes you happy.
>>
if I won the lottery I'd buy every mint copy of everything retro vidya related, open it all, and then resell it just to fuck with the disgusting vermin like you people.

buy video games to play them, not to put them on a shelf until you can turn a profit on them
>>
>>3331201
you could always make your own
>>
>>3332434
I'm much more /vr/ than /o/ at heart but I've definitely converted some of my most frighteningly valuable pieces into vintage cars.
>>
>>3332745
What kind of cars?
>>
>>3332305

>getting laid since 14

no but it apparently affected your mind.
>>
>>3334401
How so? Getting laid at 14 is a bad thing? I have a degree, own a home, provide for a child, lived and functioned a pretty good life so far. And yeah I collect vidya among other hobbies such as biking, skiing, and cooking.
So please tell me how my mind was affected. I'd love to know.
>>
>>3334895
It's fun to pretend.
>>
>>3332724
You'd make what I have worth more money :^)
>>
>>3332724

>put them on a shelf

where else would you like me to display my games?
>>
Why are consoles without boxes so expensive.
>>
>>3334895
>biking
>skiing
>cooking
top kek, anon.
>>
>>3335878
>>3334905
>>3332434
>>3334401
>>3332297
A bunch of children in here. I just hit 5000 games. Fiancee helps collect and game as well. No kids because we don't want them.

Do not be this guy >>3332297 . People like that are loser depressed slaves to bad decisions.
>>
File: 1458938549535.gif (12KB, 167x172px) Image search: [Google]
1458938549535.gif
12KB, 167x172px
>>3335909
You're not fooling anyone, hombre. Your effort is laudable though.
>>
>>3335914
Stay mad, kid.
>>
File: 1466603522219s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1466603522219s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>3335919
I'm not mad at all. Also you outed yourself by saying 'kid'. You have pretty grandiose fantasies for a 14 year old.
>>
>>3332724
Wow. Way to come off as a bitter child.

> BAWWWWW! Other people have things I don't!
> If I can't have it no one can!

See how stupid you sound? It's their vidya. They can do what they want with it.
>>
you know what's scary? /v/ is worse
>>
>>3336217
Not really. /vr/ is just as shitty as /v/
>>
>>3336218
nah
>>
>>3336218
It didn't use to be. Summer i guess
>>
>>3335878
Among others. I'm glad you find it amusing. I'm sure you're a well adjusted, successful person. I'm sure there are a lot of people who wish they could be you.
>>
>>3334905
Pretend what? If I gave two shits I could easily post proof. Its not even hard, nothing I described is even that hard to attain. The fact that you found what I said to be far-fetched makes you look like a really big piece of shit.
>>
>>3335909
5000 games is crazy. I'm only at like 500 and I though that was kinda nuts.
>>
>>3334895
>cooking
I'm basically Mr. Mom, as well.
>>
>>3335909
>No kids because we don't want them.
lel your womans clock is going to get ticking in few years
>>
>>3338257
Summer is long as fuck apparently.

The retro gaming community is salty as fuck.
>>
>>3331201
You are being had by literal con men OP, have some self respect for god sake
>>
>>3339976
Enjoy your pizza rolls and mountain dew faggot. I cook amazing, healthy food. Food that you won't ever enjoy because you're a fucking peasant.
>>
>>3331201
These days there are meds for this sort of thing.
>>
>>3342652
sure you do, post your glorious meals faggot. I have been here since squarepusher and 15.7hz, seen every battlestation , pickups, crt thread etc. Maybe 4 people on this entire board actually own a house and I don't think you're one of them. The very fact that you post here makes you no better than any other piece of shit in this place, me included. Check your ego at the door faggot.
>>
>>3342778
Salty faggot. Stay a failure.
>>
>>3343610
I have one of the nicest houses on this board, you have lies on an anonymous imageboard. I'm just not full of myself.
>>
>>3343803
Pics or u live in a cardboard box
>>
I don't really browse /vr/ much, but why am i not surprised that THIS is the board where people compare their worth as human beings through their incomes.
>>
>>3342652
>>3342778
>>3343610
>>3343803
>>3344081
haha video games right guys
>>
File: DSCN0431.jpg (476KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0431.jpg
476KB, 1600x1200px
>>3344081
>>3273534 through 548 are mine. The cabin is on 7 acres with a terraced yard I am re-doing. I also have a 2 bay detached shop, 2 cars, 2 trucks, a bobcat, a camper, and no payments. I just turned 30 and am proud of my middle class life but I don't go around calling people with less peasants or talk shit because I have a few things. I also have a separate dedicated station for Steel Battalion I am working on. Here's an older one from my bed in the 550sq ft loft when we were remodeling. Don't excuse the mess, I don't give a shit.
>>
>>3331201
I know how you feel OP, I only want girls when they have an unopened box
>>
>>3342652
>>3334895
>>3338263

Jesus, get a load of this fucking guy trying so hard to look decent to a bunch of nobodies who couldn't give any less of a shit on a fucking online memboard
>>
>>3344620
Really wasn't trying to look decent. Was more or less just trying to get someone to justify their argument that either
>my mind was affected by being sexually active at 14 or
>not thinking collecting vidya is a bad habit and you can be productive while doing so
>>
>>3344620
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>3335919
>kid

You know people are fuming mad when they call people "kid"
>>
My advice for collectors is:

Think about what kind of a collector you are. Are you passionate about it? Do you have a purpose with collecting, or are you just looking for the short-lived rush of purchasing rare games? Is it necessary for you to collect to enjoy video games? Do you ever acknowledge your collection beyond playing only your favorites?

Everyone is going to die. That forum you frequent might be shut down one day. When you hit 40, the chance of accomplishing your other dreams are starting to look pretty slim. Can you live with not having any youthful memories outside of video games? Are you neglecting your social life so you can afford more games?

My older half brother owned pretty much the whole NES catalogue, and hundreds of other video games. He ended up selling it all at age 38, for substantially less than he spent on it. He looks back at his collecting with contempt, and he only kept a handful of them. He has a wife and one kid, but he still regrets all the money he spent that could've been used on real experiences.

If you're rich, or you already have a ton of memories that you cherish, or feel accomplished in any other way - great. Just don't waste your ONLY life being a completionist for no reason.
>>
>>3332434
>pissing it away in some bar in hopes of fucking some skank seems fine to me

Ahh yes, the only other thing you could ever spend money on or experience in life, besides video game collecting. Oh sorry, you also mentioned a car. That should be everything.

The world is populated by 33% smart video game collectors, 33% stupid drunks who tries to fuck skanks, and 33% car owners.
>>
>>3345592
>you know kids are fuming mad when you call them on their age.
FTFYK
>>
>>3331201
>only want unboxed retro consoles
Son, you're about 20 years too late for that.
I also want a brand new unboxed Amiga 3000 and 1084 monitor, but I'm not holding my breath. It's just not going to happen.
>>
>>3345697
You got me. I should have listed every hobby for your sake.
>>
>>3347208
No, my point is that it's dumb to encourage the mindset that meaningful relationships can be substituted by valuable video game collections.

If you think of human interaction as banging drunken skanks in bars, of course you're gonna give up on girls. I don't believe the happiness from collecting can ever match the happiness from a good relationship.

Also, human interaction is not a hobby. It is unhealthy to cut yourself off from human contact, so at least put half of your spare money towards experiences and socializing. You'll thank me when you're old.

tl;dr: don't be a dumbshit
>>
>>3347789
>You'll thank me when you're old
>Boy, it's a good thing that condescending faggot on an indonesian watercolor forum told my how to live my life 60 years ago
>>
>>3347814
Feel free to ignore my advice, I'm sure your video games are better than any woman
>>
i just emulate on a wii and play everything for free.

sure it's casual as fuck but i have life and shit as well
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.