[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Sale on Sega Megadrive games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: burning my money.png (257KB, 649x690px) Image search: [Google]
burning my money.png
257KB, 649x690px
Is this worth it? Not really played any sega megadrive games before.
>>
>>3326913
>paying for emulation
>>
>literally paying for roms
>>
>>3326932
How do you tell which games are roms and which games aren't roms?
>>
>>3327106
Because they're all Sega Exodus games?
>>
>>3327106
They all are
>>
File: 1456537953777.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1456537953777.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>3327106
>How do you tell which games are roms and which games aren't roms?
>>
>>3327106
If it's a megadrive game then it's a rom.
>>
>>3327110
Are there games on steam that aren't roms?
>>
>>3327117
He means you're a cuck for buying abandonware.
>>
>>3327120
I thought abandonware meant something not on sale anymore.
>>
>>3327117
Yes, Steam also has a wide variety of games for the pc.
>>
>>3327123
Abandonware means anything that's older than 20 years.
>>
>>3327127
oh ok thx
>>
>>3326913
No
>>
>>3327127
no it means anything that isnt commercially sold anymore.

>>3327129
you were right not him.
>>
>>3327157
Fuck off, jew. I'm right and you know it.
>>
Patents expire in two decades, hence anything older than 20 years is free game.
>>
>>3327171
copyright=/=patent
>>
>>3327189
Copyright infringement is not stealing, and copyright law is against the free market: it is a system government sponsored monopolies.

Copyright law is routinely abused to suppress free speech and other individual freedoms, it is abused by recording companies to exploit artists, it is abused by governments to control information. Copyright law is not only evil, it is also stupid, and should be ignored by anyone that believes in a free society and free markets.

Bach, Shakespeare and Michelangelo didn’t need copyright, we don’t need copyright. Copyright infringement is a victim-less crime, nobody has a right to have a monopoly on ideas or information, you have a right to keep your ideas and information private, but if you make them public, they are not your private property anymore.

Copyright also is in direct conflict with one of the most fundamental principles of a free society: free speech. Copyright has been used again and again to censor and silence critics, once more failing its supposed real purpose.
>>
File: 1467280754160.jpg (18KB, 611x633px) Image search: [Google]
1467280754160.jpg
18KB, 611x633px
>>3327106
>>
>>3327198
>all this stupid nonsense
>so I should be allowed to steal games
>>
>>3326913
If it's worth it to you to make a statement to Sega that you like their old games or you only play your games through Steam then go for it.
>>
>>3326913
No, they are badly emulated versions. Do not buy Sega emulator compilations.
>>
>>3327117
Yes.

Are you trying to suggest that what's a rom and what isn't is subjective?

They're roms because they don't run natively on Windows, they're being run on an emulator. This has been proven. Why would Sega even go through the trouble of porting them over when they can just use an emulator?
>>
>>3327114
i want to fuck that rom
>>
>>3326913
also they added official support for romhacks via the workshop, you just have to own the game for it
>>
>>3326932
>paying for DRMed roms
And it doesn't matter if you can break the DRM, you're still supporting DRM by paying.

If it's not DRMed, and the price is in line with what's typical for games of their age and quality, eg. the Neo Geo roms that were on the Humble Bundle, I have no problem paying for them.
>>
>>3327563
We're all in the simulation anyway maaaaan
>>
>buying roms
>show developers people pay for old school gameplay
>a lot more good games get made
I see no problem with this
>>
>>3329263
>thinks Neo-Sega will make new games with old-school gameplay
stay delusional, friend
>>
OP is obviously looking for some innocent advice so naturally the elitist fags start taking the piss.

In all seriousness, don't pay for Megadrive games.

Go to emuparadise. Download a megadrive emulator and whatever games takes your fancy. For free.

If the morality of it bothers you just consider this; its been 25 years. Not even SEGA give a fuck.
>>
>>3326913
>>3327635
The community around the workshop is pretty shitty though, and almost every single one in there can be grabbed at another place. Sometimes it's better that way, for example Sonic 3 Complete's optoinal patches.

Probably the only big worth in there is those weird ones that change a game to a completely different other officially released game. Which hasn't been modded out for some reason.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.