[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys what the fuck is with this room? I just died 15 times in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (274KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
274KB, 800x450px
Guys what the fuck is with this room? I just died 15 times in a row because I can't deal with it. This is the first dungeon with wizrobes, and there's likelikes and a ball of death too. Is there a short way to defeat any of these enemies because I literally can't? Am I just a retard or is this a room or dungeon people struggle with?

Also why do people call this game esoteric? This is literally my first time playing it and I've only ever had to look up one dungeon, which was the 7th, but I found literally every other one (except the 2nd which is in the instruction booklet) on my own. Searching for things and exploring things is so rewarding so I feel pretty guilty about googling the 7th. I can see why everyone called newer Zeldas linear now. I felt so much joy when I found the first boss so everything after that was fun and addictive.
>>
>>3326232
How about a bow?
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 99x184px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 99x184px
>>3326239
It doesn't work on Wizrobes, and if I try to get the likelikes first the wizrobes get me and if I try to get the wizrobes first hte likelikes eat my shield which I need to reflect the wizrobe attacks and all throughout all of this the ball of death gets me.

It just fucks my shit up.
>>
>>3326232
bombs

or just git gud, forget the shield and start dodging
>>
>>3326297
I spent the whole game avoiding projectiles with the shield and stunning everything with a boomerang. That's probably why I suck now.
>>
File: 26886725_p2.jpg (79KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
26886725_p2.jpg
79KB, 450x500px
>>3326232

Wizzrobes are by far the worst enemy in the game.

The orange ones aren't so bad since the magical sword, which any good Zelda player would have before encountering these guys, can one shot them. They also give you a little window before they shoot at you.

But those blue ones can fuck off, they're too unpredictable, and they fire too rapidly. The best strategy I can think of is to stab at them when they're ghosting through blocks.

Dunno what you're problem with this room is since's actually pretty tame compared to other rooms in Zelda.

As for people saying shit about this game, the only important thing the game doesn't tell you is that you can push some blocks in dungeons. But that is shit that was probably included in the instruction manual.

Everything else can easily be figured out with a little critical thinking and listening to the old men. The things they say aren't THAT cryptic.
>>
>>3326887
>magical sword

I had no idea this was a thing.

I didn't properly explore the graveyard and that's the only secret place I can think of it that had something besides the Moblin guy at the pond.

Ghosts just pop out of the tombs but I just must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>3326947
There should be a grave without flowers?
Just keep at it.
Also if you get the ghost that's already outside to one hit from death, any ghost from a grave will die with him.
You can tell him apart because he won't move diagonally.
>>
>>3326960
Shit I just looked it up and I need 12 heart containers apparently.
>>
>>3326960
You can also do what I do, damage the ghost to one point of health, then touch all of the graves until you've maxed the ghost count on screen, and finally kill the original ghost. They'll all disappear and leave stuff behind which you can easily pick up.
>>
>>3326887
>the only important thing the game doesn't tell you is that you can push some blocks in dungeons.
Well it doesn't tell you that, but since in the very first level there's a room with a door locked and the only two things in that room are a fucking chocolate chip and a single block in the center of the room you can push in any direction, yeah you kind of have to be retarded not to figure it out.

It wasn't in the manual btw, at least not the American manual. They tell you how to get to the first dungeon though and show you the relative location of the second. So it really ought to be one of your first stops when you're just starting the game.
>>
File: 1363872870142.jpg (490KB, 2400x861px) Image search: [Google]
1363872870142.jpg
490KB, 2400x861px
>>3326887
>>3327073
It does actually tell you that you can push blocks in dungeons.
>>
File: 1363872839292.jpg (599KB, 2400x862px) Image search: [Google]
1363872839292.jpg
599KB, 2400x862px
>>3327090
Other side of the manual
>>
File: 1363728202789.png (200KB, 4096x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1363728202789.png
200KB, 4096x1408px
>>3326232
Here's an overworld cheat sheet if you get desperate.
>>
I remember some anons said about punching walls with sword to find secret doors.
How do you do that?
>>
>>3326232

Oh man, there's like a series of these room in dungeon 6

Protip, bombing shortcuts are there for a reason.

You don't really need the items in all of the later dungeons. The magic wand is pretty useless for stronger monsters, it's mostly there for you to help grind for rupees in the overworld and find hidden bushes faster. Which you can do fine with just the candle.

Boomerang is pretty shitty as well because a lot of enemies have fallback anyways when you hit them, that wastes freeze time and the time it takes to use the boomerang you might as well do an extra hit instead.

I think Bow, candle and the raft are must haves though.
>>
>>3326979

You can do dungeons out of order and get extra hearts. If i remember correctly dungeon 7 and 8 are easier than 6
>>
>>3327107

Only works in alttp and above
>>
>>3327115

There's also hidden heart pieces in the overworld, but those actually are pretty well hidden except for maybe the fake spectacle rock.
>>
>>3327094
How is this a cheat sheet?
The game came with that map in glorious glossy format.
>>
go find some more heart contianers and get the magic sword and brute force ur way thru the bitch basically
>>
Make sure you play Final Fantasy Adventure and Link's Awakening when you're done

Watch out for feels tho
>>
>>3327112
I always crash the graveyard dungeon first before I go anywhere else (Beyond getting a few of the heart containers in the overworld). Getting the wand early is great, but it is pretty poor later on, so it helps to get it long before it's no longer useful.

Getting the book is a little more tricky, but doable, same for the lion key.
>>
>>3329090
>tfw Amanda
>>
>>3329009
With all of the dungeon entrances, items, enemies and secrets indicated?
>>
>>3327092
That was such a fucking cock tease as a 6 year old.
>>
>>3327090
Oh, nice, it actually gives you some good hints for levels 7, 8, and 9.
>>
>>3329113
>tfw I replayed the whole story on the remake over 3 days
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.