[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Un-bend an RF Swtich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DSC03571.jpg (2MB, 3092x2319px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03571.jpg
2MB, 3092x2319px
My poor RF Switch has been beat to shit, and now it's bent really badly. The actual bent part swivels around, so it's a bitch to try to bend back into place

Any recommendations?
>>
>>3325623
It's standard coax. You can take the end from any other coax cable and attach it to that one with a crimping tool. Might be able to do it by hand, but sure. Radio shack has the tool though, I know that. Or just get composite video if possible. Or better yet, get a male-to-female adapter, and then attach a made-to-male into it and voila. It'll be a hassle, but it would be a solution.
>>
As the other anon said you can cut the connector off and replace it if you must.

You should probably go without the RF switch altogether if you can though. Every splice degrades the signal and introduces interference and RF switches are really bad about that.
>>
>>3325623
what are you using this for anon? Just curious
>>
>>3325623
fingers or needle nose pliers. i miss the good ol days of rf.
>>
Why wouldn't you be using at least composite in the year two thousand and sixteen?????????????????????????????????????
>>
be a man, hogan, and bend that shit back into place.
>>
>>3325745
This. Just don't use composite, that shit is even worse than RF.
>>
>>3325841
Sorry for the late reply
NES, possibly Famicom as well
>>
>>3325948
Gotta fix it if I'm going to purchase a Famicom, which will be happening soon

plus i aint modding that shit to composite
>>
>>3326536
Be aware Japanese frequencies are a bit different from American ones. If you use RF you'll need a TV capable of going up to channel 95/96 and it might not tune into the channel properly. Also the famicom doesn't have RF shielding so it will be exposed to interference. The best way to use a famicom in America or Europe is probably composite with the RF completely disconnected/disabled.
>>
>>3326550
If I'm not mistaken, it will try to look for channel 95 and 1/3 or something stupid like that. My CRT goes beyond that so that won't be a problem

But anyways, thank you for the advice
>>
If you're stuck using a RF only console and you don't want to mod it, it's best to just get rid of the switch boxes entirely and wire directly using a good thick RCA cable and one of these F-type (RCA) female to coax male adapters except for 5200
>>
>>3326586
I just might have to do that, thanks!
>>
>>3326536
Get av famicom famalam
>>
>>3326673
The top loader?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.