[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soo... last sunday i got my hands on a ps1 slim console for $50,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg (1MB, 4060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg
1MB, 4060x1500px
Soo... last sunday i got my hands on a ps1 slim console for $50, all the hookups, two controllers and the best part, it is already modded for backup games.

I have a few Isos on my harddrive for the more popular games, msotly RPG's but i want to burn some platformers and fighting games for saturday night couch brooop.

Whats the best plave to download PS1 Isos? i used to download them from the pirates bay years ago but all of them are pretty much gone.
>>
>>3322582
Soul Blade, Tekken 1-3 and Bushido blade are decent on PS1. Stay away from the 2D ones though. Cut animations and choppy gameplay abound on PS1.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PS1+ISOs
>>
>>3322593
>Stay away from the 2D ones though. Cut animations and choppy gameplay abound on PS1.

Except, y'know, the whole thing about Rayman and Symphony of the Night being better on PS1.
>>
>>3322601
Pretty sure he's talking about the Capcom fighters which were butchered on PS1.
>>
>>3322593

but 2d fighters is what we enjoyed the most.

>>3322597
thank you for your useful contribution to the thread.

>>3322602

yep, Sf and SNk fighters is where its at.
>>
>>3322601
I was talking about fighters. PS1 can't really handle the capcom animations.

>>3322612
Then why are you asking us? Just play the ones you like. But if you want to play classic 2D fighters, you've picked one of the worst possible systems to do so with.
>>
>>3322618
>Then why are you asking us?
im not... perhaps you should read the OP, and most importantly, understanding what i wrote.
>>
>>3322582
I haven't had any success with PS1 backups, either because all the rips online are garbage or there's no brand of media that actually works. I already tried Taiyo Yuden / JVC discs as recommended, but if the rips are trash, the quality of media used may as well not make any difference.

The rips on isozone and emuparadise are equally garbage, in my experience. You might try rutracker.

>>3322593
OP wasn't asking for recommendations.
>>
>>3322628
>all the rips online are garbage

that could explain why i just wasted 2 SONY branded CD's, the game runs fine on EPSXE, but i just get a blank screen on my console, i should mention that it came with 1 backup game and that one works just fine, but its a shitty racing game.
>>
>>3322625
Ahh indeed. Well good luck pirating old games no one cares about anymore. There's probably a good reason people don't waste bandwidth on ps1 era 2D fighters anymore.
>>
What about SF EX+Alpha? That played better than the 2d games. It was more like an early SF 4.
>>
>>3322682
>>3322682
Decent port of a pretty lackluster game. Nowhere near Capcom's usual fighter quality.
>>
>>3322582
>ps1 slim
>>
>>3322628
>>3322670

Modern CD burners usually have a minimal write speed of 8x. It is always recommended to burn PS games between 1x to 4x, with 1x being the best choice. Also, buy quality media I'm talking about Verbatim and Memorex. This will increase the chances of a good copy. For placebo effect you can stop all applications on your PC and don't use it until the burn stops.

And...more important that all that previous shit. Use a decent CD burning suit, back in the day I had Alcohol 120% which gave me good success rates.

The laser of your PS is another factor. Even if it reads original games perfectly you may experience skipping or other shit as the lens struggles a little more to read backups.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.