[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamepad fixing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 0009785506696_500X500.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0009785506696_500X500.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
So, can you fix gamepads or is it best to just toss em when they begin to get faulty?

Example, I currently have a logitech gamepad that has served me well for a long time, but just recently the up button on the D pad doesn't work right, if I press it with the same force I do any of the others it doesn't work and I really have to jam it down to get it to respond.....what's up with that? Fixable or just throw it out?
>>
>>3321414
Easy fix. Open and clean most likely.

Personally I usually only fix rare or original system controllers.

Things like racing wheels, fishing rods, fight sticks, original or refresh controllers (example the Duke for Xbox and S model) and as I said rare like Steel Battalion, are all controllers I will open to refurbish if broken.

Controllers like that logitech or Nyko airflow no. I would never myself open them as they are cheap to start and not worth the time..
>>
Aside from joysticks, controllers for old systems are pretty rugged and hard to really break in any permanent way. The main problem you'll usually see with them is the rubber membrane under the buttons start to wear down and they become less responsive over time.

If you have a problem with your controller you can always just give it a thorough cleaning. Disassemble the controller and throw the shell and rubber membrane contacts into a bucket with soapy water to remove all the crap then rinse them off with water. Clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a qtip.
>>
>>3321503
Man, I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and this thing just won't pull a part, and I also can't find any video of anybody taking one a part....

Do they make some controllers glued shut or something?
>>
i just fixed a master system controller and i'm a fucking idiot.

i just opened it up -- wiped down contacts and shit. cleaned the port etc. and it started working perfectly fine. just get a screwdriver and have at it.
>>
I have a ps2 controller that just bugged out one day and when I plug it in it auto fires "up" continuously. I tried opening it and cleaning everything but to no avail . Any ideas ?
>>
My 360 controller has the copper frayed under the insulation near the controller so it constantly unplugs unless it sits just right, so I basically can't move while playing. Should I strip the dead end and solder the wires back together and wrap the solder with electrical tape and tuck it all in under the casing? Video related but mine is official brand
https://youtu.be/54VR8wQd2ak
>>
File: MUzbZUS.jpg (188KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
MUzbZUS.jpg
188KB, 1536x2560px
>>3321775
>>3321775
I'm >>3321772 here, do you know of the likelihood of this? It comes a part easy at the sides but it seems like it's connected somehow in the center on the bottom
>>
>>3321772
A lot of the more recent ones hide a screw or two behind a sticker on the back
>>
>>3321827
You can cut it and re solder it . Should be fine.
>>
>>3321837
Wow you're right, sneaky fucking ballbags.
Thanks.
>>
>>3321821
Put it on Ebay with the description: "Super Rare Auto Fire Playstation 2 controller"
>>
>>3321821
The thumbstick goes "up?" Thumbsticks hace a tendency to do that over time I'm not sure if you can fix them but you can replace the entire thumbstick if you need to. After a while the potentiometers in them start to go bad and they lose some of their steps so dead zones develope on the outer edges and the middle values might shift a bit
>>
>>3321858
So it's just a spare parts controller now.
>>
Semi-related to:
>>3321821

My PS2 controllers randomly start spamming the select button. I've done the standard disassembly and cleaning but the problem still persists.
>>
>>3323949
Disassemble the controller until its just a pcb and test every button by connecting a wire across the contacts. The button should only fire once per connection I think.
>>
>>3324448
Well test the select button since that's the one causing the problem here. You're trying to figure out if the controller is fucked or just the rubber thing
>>
File: 1441493233756.jpg (52KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
1441493233756.jpg
52KB, 400x282px
>>3321772
I've actually had a rumblepad 2 for a good while. It's not so bad to open up and take apart, it can just be a bit tricky to get the board back in the right position.

I opened mine up because the controller's '2' button got really mushy compared to the other buttons. When I looked inside, the little plastic thing that sits underneath the button was torn and no longer popped back up after being pressed down. Sucks, and I doubt I'd be able to find replacement parts for a discontinued controller.

Pic related, it's a different controller but the part's the same
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.