[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two decades and two years, and it hasn't been topped.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (350KB, 1920x1338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350KB, 1920x1338px
Two decades and two years, and it hasn't been topped.
>>
>>3320528
It's a fun game.
>>
>>3320528
It never topped Sonic 2 to begin with
>>
>>3320553
>liking a game with scrapped zones
kek
>>
File: s2beta-hidden-palace-zone.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
s2beta-hidden-palace-zone.png
10KB, 320x224px
>>3320626
god i wish they finished wood zone and hidden palace zone ;_;
>>
I like Sonic 1 better
>>
>>3320634
Hidden Palace is in the 2013 rerelease
>>
>>3320634
And Dust Hill Zone, and Winter Zone.
>>
>>3320676
>doesn't even use hidden palace zone music
>music themed boss
even if it wasn't mobile only, it belongs in the fucking trash
>>
>>3320528
No it hasn't. Sonic went to shit after this game. He has suffered a fate worse than death. Sega was once a glorious empire. But they now they are subject to slanderous mockeries.
>>
>>3320528
S&K was shit but Sonic 3 was GOAT.
>>
>>3320830
Shittiest taste ever. Everyone knows S&K > S3.
>>
Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles wasn't the same. I don't get you people who prefer it to the first 2 games. You must be 1995 babies or something
>>
>>3320857
fuck off nostalgia fag
3 & K > 2
forever and ever
>>
>>3320857
Sonic 1 is the only acceptable Sonic game. Everything after that was casualised inferior rubbish.
>>
>3 is better than snk
put the carts together you fucktard.

>scrapped zones
you forgot genocide city
>>
>>3320920
and dust hill
>>
>A new challenger has arrived
>>
>>3320676
absolutely disgusting for you to even mention it
>>
>>3320978
>tfw try sonic 1 and knuckles
>its blue sphere
I imaging there is a romhack by now though, right?
>>
>>3320891
nothing to do with nostalgia you fucking idiot. I go back and play all the Genesis Sonic games every once in awhile. 3 and Knuckles are just boring rehashes with inferior levels to the first 2.
>>
>>3321012
obviously
>>
>>3321012
>>3321016
http://info.sonicretro.org/Knuckles_the_Echidna_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog
>>
>>3321020
>>3321016
thank you based anons, god work right there.
>>
>>3320528
A boring video game series with zero variety that was never on top to begin with.
>>
>>3321053
T. Arin
>>
>>3321053

>he couldn't handle the momentum based physics
>>
File: chromegadget.jpg (70KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
chromegadget.jpg
70KB, 1191x670px
>>3321458
>>
>>3321012
>>3321020

Just download Sonic Classic Heroes.

It's Sonic 1 + 2 with a Sonic Heroes Team mechanic in it, featuring Team Sonic and Team Chaotix. And you can customize your run to be solo, or a duo if you want. You can also choose to do just Sonic 1, Just Sonic 2, or both.

No reason to ever play Sonic 1 or 2 vanilla again.
>>
File: Sonic3C-1.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3C-1.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>3320528
You posted the wrong image, OP.

But yeah, nothing stands up to this. Not the prior Sonics, not even SMW.
>>
>>3320528
I am starting to think that's more of a problem of modern vidya industry rather then the game own merit. Granted, it's an amazing game with a colossal scope, but I can't help myself thinking anyone capable of making a good, polished platform, crammed with contents, can top it.
Some games came close in the recent years, but no one had the $$$ Sega had at the time.
>>
>>3321505

Except it's full of bugs. Try using Tails' swimming skill and see how botched his animation frames are.
>>
>>3321505
>It's Sonic 1 + 2 with a Sonic Heroes Team mechanic
But Sonic Heroes was garbage. Why would you want to make the older games retroactively shit by including that mechanic?
>>
>>3322353
Sonic Heroes was shit because level design, health bars on jobber enemies, and annoying dialogue options.

Classic Heroes is no different from normal Sonic, except you can switch between three characters.
The point of even bringing it up in the first place though, is that you can customize it to be a solo run of either Sonic 1, 2, or both if you want, so you can feasibly have:

Tails/Knuckles/Espio/Vector/Charm in Sonic the Hedgehog 1 + 2 in one rom.

The whole team thing is purely an option.

>>3322019
Absolute perfection.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.