[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is tribes dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wallpaper_tribes_2_01_1600.jpg (336KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_tribes_2_01_1600.jpg
336KB, 1600x1200px
is tribes dead?
>>
What made you ask that silly question.
Of course it is, spectacularly so!
>>
I still hop in some dead tribes 1 servers once in a while to dick around
>>
>>3312503
unfortunately yes
>>
>>3312503
What do you mean, OP? Tribes: Ascend is still super fun!~

but yeah, really, starsiege tribes is fucking dead.
>>
>>3312503
>Earthsiege
literally wot
>Earthsiege 2
literally who electric boogaloo
>Starsiege: Tribes
Occasional 4v4, at least 1 full server modded out to tits and full of Brazillians and TribesRPG run by a passionate fuck always changing shit (even though only four people routinely play it). Use TribesOne
>Tribes 2
Will always automatically shove you into a dead Siege gamemode map, and people will actually join up to a non-enforced max of 4 players in an hour. Can occasionally get a deathmatch game going. Use TribesNext
>Tribes Vengeance
Best of them all, and just as dead as Earthsiege for no good reason at all. Use Tribes Revengeance
>Tribes Ascend
Most populated, generally a good time. Light characters are no fun to play as at all and you will have a bad time, and will blame it on the game.

I wrote this thinking this was /v/ but don't really see a point in removing information so sorry about non-/vr/
>>
>>3315468
>Tribes Vengeance
>Best of them all,
Explain yourself sir!
>>
File: holdinmeback.jpg (43KB, 501x455px) Image search: [Google]
holdinmeback.jpg
43KB, 501x455px
>>3315468
>Tribes Vengeance
>Best of them all,
>>
>>3315484
>>3315521
I feel like I should mention that I don't have extensive experience in any of the games. Played maybe 22 hours of Tribes 1, 4 hours of Tribes 2, 1 hour of Tribes Vengeance, and 20 hours in Tribes Ascend. The only reason I stopped playing Vengeance though was because the game crashed on the third singleplayer level but I really liked it and wanted to play more but nobody was in multiplayer so I haven't picked it up since. That said obviously I don't know many deep mechanical differences. From what I have played though I really like how skiing was handled. In Tribes 1 you needed a script just to ski and it was still just you jumping really fast. Tribes 2 is the same, in fact it looks like they just embedded a ski script and did nothing else. Both of which didn't really make you feel like you were going all that fast at all. Vengeance has the smooth skiing like Ascend. But that isn't all I like, the weapons feel really fucking good. I mean Unreal Tournament 2k4 satisfactory. And the jetpacking, and the UI, really polished game outside stability from what I have played. I even really like the singleplayer storyline because it is ridiculous

What is wrong with it?
>>
>>3315532
please respond i am genuinely curious. I know it isn't /vr/ but I don't understand. It wasn't even panned in reviews. Is it the optional singleplayer mode? The grappling hook? If you aren't familiar with the game it is freeware as well and I think if you give it a fair shot its a pretty good addition to the series
>>
>>3315532
the game section after the really cool speedster ramp section is frustrating as fuck and ruins the game for me personally, never got played past it
>>
>>3317384
It was dropped immediately after release by the publisher. the mp was never patched so it's broken as fuck. Also the sled dynamics worked in completely different ways to 1&2 so you can't do some of the physics breaking stuff you could do in those. The mp is also on a much smaller scale than the previous games
>>
>>3315532
>>>3315484 (You) here
I honestly never played Vengeance, I just hadn't ever heard much good from fellow Tribes players. But I was huge into both Tribes 1 and 2 and it sounds like a lot of what you didn't like was the sking wasn't as ingrained into the game, Which to me was always a weird side thing in Tribes.
>>
>>3315468
Yeah, it really shows that you're a /v/edditor
>>
>>3320038
What does that even mean?
>>
Vengeance was absolute trash on the singleplayer and multiplayer fronts. Fuck you Ken Levine
>>
>>3315468
>leaving out Starsiege proper
>>
Was Tribes the only notable shooter to use ESDF as default movement keys? And why did they pick those over the more-popular WASD? I'm an ESDF user myself, but I'm curious why they would pick it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.