[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I sa this obscure Capcom fighter yesterday inside a place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: ringdest.png (8KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
ringdest.png
8KB, 384x224px
So I sa this obscure Capcom fighter yesterday inside a place called Punch Bowl Social in Detroit.

It's called Ring of Destruction, and it's a wrastlin' game. Some of the characters appear to tye into final fight and street fighter, but I've never heard or seen this game talked about.

Sooo... whatcha know bout that Ring o Destruction?
>>
File: ringdest (1).png (21KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
ringdest (1).png
21KB, 384x224px
>>
File: f_d6um_361edc4.jpg (311KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f_d6um_361edc4.jpg
311KB, 1024x768px
>>
Holy shit, these defeat screens are hilarous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU4_jr-X0-k
>>
>>3307321
>Posting screencaps from the HG101 website
Why? Some of that info isn't even right.
>>
>>3307738
I was just working with what I could find. What's incorrect about it?
>>
>>3307738
Capcom never "denied" Gunlock was Guile's brother, that was actually something that was hinted at in the US version of the game. They changed the names and backstories of all the characters in the US version.
>>
>>3307751
Cool. I find this sort of thing interesting. I read somewhere, maybe even that sight that Slam II Ring of Destruction was never ported and is very rare in the US. But I saw in Detroit last night, and it was in English. Do you know anything about that?
>>
File: 10013101.jpg (601KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10013101.jpg
601KB, 850x1200px
>>3307761
Ring of Destruction doesn't have a USA version emulated on MAME. It was released in Japan as Super Muscle Bomber and in other regions (Asia, Europe, Hispanic) as Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters II.

Chances are your arcade probably imported the PCB. Was it running on a dedicated cabinet, or did it just have instruction sheets?
>>
>>3307774
It looked like a dedicated cab to me. Let me see if I can pull up any images from that place.
>>
>>3307801
I couldn't find an image of the cabinet, but it was definitely there last night.

(313) 749-9738
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 11:00 AM – 2:00 AM
SATURDAY: 9:00 AM – 2:00 AM
SUNDAY: 9:00 AM – 2:00 AM

Ask them about it?
>>
>>3307823
Fuck it I'll ask em real quick, why not.
>>
>>3307823
>>3308314

This feels like legit autism to me. It's a video game, you played it and whether or not you derived enjoyment from the experience is the only thing that matters. The fighting game itself isn't even obscure... it's the just the sequel to SNSM that never got a home port.
>>
>>3308327
But it's the sequel that they have there, in english, in what I think is a dedicated cabinent.If I understand correctly that shouldn't exist. Arcade stuff isn't something I know much about, and this isn't an obsessive thing, just a mild curiousity.

So.. calm your buzzwords, have a sip of your beer, and relax.
>>
>>3308334
Are you sure it was a dedicated cabinet with proper bezel and marquees, not just a converted Street Fighter II one?
>>
>>3308817
Won't know till I ask them. I'll ask tomorrow and get back to ya.
>>
File: 130507052821529239.png (21KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
130507052821529239.png
21KB, 384x224px
>>3307317
Slam Masters 2 plays a lot like Street Fighter Alpha. It's only 1 on 1 and there's no moving up and down, you only jump.
Slam Masters 1 featured 2 vs 2 fights and you could move in the Z axis (ala Final Fight).

Personally I much prefer the first game even though it's the least technical or competitive of the two.
>>
File: slammasters2-7.png (41KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
slammasters2-7.png
41KB, 384x224px
>>3310787

Most people prefer slam masters 1 because it's an actual wrestling gamer, whereas slam masters 2 is just a fighting game with a wrestling theme.

On the other hand, this thicc motherfucker is playable in 2, so it wins by default.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.