[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is really fun and the concept is great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ogrebattle-44.png (14KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
ogrebattle-44.png
14KB, 256x224px
But it's way too easy. Is there anything similar I can play? Is the 64 version more of the same and still too easy?
>>
>>3307287
Final Fantasy tactics was made by the same team
>>
The 64 version is much easier, you can train up all your troops out of battle.
>>
>>3307292
This.
FFT is sadly the best game they've done. All the others are either too easy or very simplistic when you actually delve into the mechanics.

Except the PSP port of LuCT which is just a bloated mess of bad decisions. FFT is far from perfect, but a solid game at least.
>>
>>3307292
Is it the playstation version you're talking about?
>>
>>3307307
I respect them for trying something differnet with the PSP "remaster" but I agree, for the most part the changes are negative.

I do like the more traditional inventory and equipment systems, but the class systems feel incredibly janky. Especially becuase for the most part classes in TO were really light on abilities.
>>
>>3307312
Yeah the way they did leveling classes was very strange. I wanted to collect and try out a lot of the more interesting monsters and enemy units you could recruit. But by mid way through the game I was getting to the point where it meant having to grind them for multiple hours just to get them to a level where I could take them in a real fight.
>>
>>3307310
yeah
>>
File: langrisser2-cover.jpg (231KB, 964x1400px) Image search: [Google]
langrisser2-cover.jpg
231KB, 964x1400px
>>3307287
>Is there anything similar I can play?
OB64, sadly it's even easier, the only challenge in OB is playing to get all the routes so you can't just steamroll everything too much and have to worry about your alignement a bit.

FFT and Tactics Ogre are not even remotely similar as anons here are telling you as they're turn based tactical games that use grids instead of RTS with free movement, but you might want to try the Langrisser series, they're pretty enjoyable RTS game with a vaguely similar design to OB, albeit not as expanded, the games do offer somewhat more of a challenge than OB though that's not saying much, lots of routes and endings though and that part is done much, much better than OB.

They also have delicious Urushihara designs and illustrations, that's a very nice plus.
>>
File: langrisser_1_md_-_scenario_1.png (388KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
langrisser_1_md_-_scenario_1.png
388KB, 644x644px
>>3307563
>Langrisser
>RTS

Wat? I haven't played the DC version (Millenium), but NONE of the other Langrisser games are RTS, they are all turn based. Great games, and Urushihara Satoshi art is icing on the cake.
>>
Growlanser is RTS, maybe that's what he meant?

Anyway, if you like Ogre Battle I'd highly recommend trying out Brigandine and Dragon Force
>>
I found a Langrisser rom on my computer(game was released as Warsong in America), it was the only Genesis rom I had, I don't remember downloading it, and I had a week off from work. That game consumed me for 3 straight days. Fucking classic, really want to try the other ones.
>>
>>3307287
OB64 is good too and has more classes and equipment options but retains the core gameplay. Plus it introduces flank/back attacks so you can plan sneaky maneuvers.

If you like OB's small squad battles and the Heroes of Might and Magic games, you can give the Disciples series on PC a try.

>>3308907
Nice find. And Langrisser II has been fan translated and is even better.

>>3307563
>>3308798
>Urushihara

Great taste
>>
>>3307307
How does the original Tactics Ogre for the SNES compare to the remake?
>>
>>3307563
>FFT and Tactics Ogre are not even remotely similar as anons here are telling you as they're turn based tactical games that use grids instead of RTS with free movement
This right here. It ticks me off every time people bring the tactics games up when their game mechanics aren't the same as Ogre Battle.
>>
>>3309040
alternative:
don't give him any games to play
>>
>>3309187
Pretty much since there isn't anything that comes to my mind that would be similar. Better to be honest rather than mislead someone.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.