[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faiā Emuburemu general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Fe1screenshot[1].png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Fe1screenshot[1].png
5KB, 256x224px
Which one is your faviourite Fire Emblem? Also, are you excited for the new translation? http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63676&page=1
>>
Of the retro ones I've played 2, 4, and the ds remakes of 1 and 3. Genealogy is definitely the best. I love it's huge sense of scale. Gaiden kinda sucks and the remakes are alright. I'm hoping a decent translation of Thracia is finished in my lifetime.
>>
mario
>>
File: smugemblem.png (305KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
smugemblem.png
305KB, 5000x5000px
>>3306830
>SRPG's
>good
>>
>>3307876
I fucking loved gaiden.
Even if it wasn't like the mainline, there was something about it that really clicked with me.
Also, alm finishes.webm was tight as shit.
But not nearly as tight as scoring that sweet-ass Dragon Shield during early-game.
>>
should I play the remakes over the originals?

tried playing the ds one and I found the sacrifice mechanic to be disgusting, Im one of those fuckers who repeat missions until nobody dies
>>
File: mofe4-light-inheritors.jpg (2MB, 1286x1842px) Image search: [Google]
mofe4-light-inheritors.jpg
2MB, 1286x1842px
>>3308180
Give the originals a try. The DS remake adds a bunch of chapters to the beginning, where you get the choice of killing Jeigan or Frey. In the original, you just have Jeigan.

It's nice and straight forward, no clutter. It's more simple than it's competitors (Ethlead, Guyflame), but a good game in its own right.

Gaiden is fun too, but you can grind and make it super easy (like DQ, FF, or Shining Force).
>>
>>3306830

>are you excited for the new translation

I will never not be completed assblasted over """""""""""Erin"""""""""""
>>
Genealogy is my favorite in the franchise actually

Own a physical cart of it aswell

Still looking for a thracia776 cart tho
>>
>>3308939
I will never understand that chance

For the rest the patch is fine just

"Erin"
>>
>>3308504
What about SFC vs DS for Fire Emblem 1? FC is out of question for me.
I'm favoring the DS for stylus controls which seem useful in a tactics game.
Is the highest difficulty too much for a beginner to the series? I've completed a bunch of other SRPG before.
>>
File: Consider.png (321KB, 753x472px) Image search: [Google]
Consider.png
321KB, 753x472px
>>3308980
They got assblasted over the memery caused by an old translation that called Ferry 'Fury', so in order to prevent stupid shit like that, they changed it to another name that was similar in meaning (Erinyes have a similar role in Greek myth to the Furies).

It's just immaturity on all sides, really.

>>3309017
I recommend Shadow Dragon on DS. It's a faithful port for the most part, and most all that they changed was implementing newer, more helpful things, like the Weapons Triangle. And yeah, the hardest difficulty is hard as balls. I'd clear Normal first, to get a hang of what you're supposed to do before jumping into the hard stuff.

There are also Gaiden chapters that happen at certain points if you are a massive failure and have less than like 10 units total in your army at certain points. They give you an extra unit that wasn't in the original game. In a similar vein, you'll also get generic, faceless goons to supplement your dwindling forces.
>>
>>3308972
Was Thracia even released as a standard cart? Wasn't it one of the games exclusively available for the SNES re-writeable cart service in japan?
>>
>>3309641
It was released as a standard cart, in the last days of the Super Famicom so its pretty rare, usually around 150/200 bucks for a copy with box but it works on almsot eveything, even pal converters not sure if the nintendo power carts would work on converters tho
>>
File: 36879423_p20.jpg (223KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
36879423_p20.jpg
223KB, 700x650px
>>3309603

>an old translation that called Ferry 'Fury'

Fury is what her katakana romanize as. Same with Tiltyu vs Tailto. It's not the people who made the original translation patch's fault that Nintendo was inconsistent with the names in the secondary content. Forcing her name to be Erin in the new patch is just pure arrogance.

>haha I'm going to just make this shit up and now all of the people who are playing FE4 for the first time will call her this forever suck it nerds :^)

That vile filth will never be on my hard drive. I'll have Fury wielding the Hero Lance before giving birth to Sety forever even though I usually do Fury x Claude

I also think the font in the new patch is too small but that's just my personal taste.
>>
>tfw alm will always be the coolest lord of the NES
You have no idea how letdown I was at Marth's Falchion crit. That shit was totally fairy-tier gay.
>>
So why nobody patches the patch to change erin into ferry

And what about the old patch. Is it bad?
>>
>>3311202

The old patch is fine outside of one tiny untranslated scene and the epilogue being busted.
>>
>>3311029
You have to understand, though, that they're taking names from various myths and folklore and translating them from their native languages into jap, and hen the fan translators are translating THAT into English.

Really, the problem with "inconsistent" names is that more often than not, the official translators have a better idea of what the name was intended to be than the fans, on top of the fact that some things just do NOT translate well into jap. A good example of this is the Tailto/Tiltyu dilemma. Tiltyu is not a name, nor even a word, but Tailto is the name of an Irish goddess, which fits in perfectly with the general naming conventions used for the game in question.

I will agree that changing Ferry to Erin was a dumbass move, but it's nothing to lose sleep over, buddy.
>>
Playing through the first FE on NES/Famicom, Sheeda and Kain are both dead already after six stages. So is Barts. Should I just restart?
>>
>>3311408
>Sheeda
Needed to recruit Nacarre in stage 3 but useless afterwards.
>Kain
One of the best units in the game.
>Barts
Best axe user if you plan on using one.

Better restart for Kain.
>>
Question about Geneology.

If I pair Finn off, odds are his kid can't make use of his Lances and stuff. But if I place all his stuff into Storage, can he then take it back out, come Gen 2?
>>
>>3311553

You're supposed to give his Hero Lance to Fury before he leaves. She desperately needs it and so does Fee who will inherit it from her.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.