[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is quest 64 a good game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: Quest 64 (U).png (147KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Quest 64 (U).png
147KB, 320x240px
is quest 64 a good game
>>
S'ok
>>
>>3303653
Even back in the day, I didn't like it enough to finish it. It is very, very boring.
>>
I bought it because it was supposed to be an actual rpg for n64, which had none at the time.
But yeah, as much as I wanted to bring myself to like it I just couldnt.
>>
>>3303653
I love the game but perhaps because I grew up with it.
>>
>>3303653
I only liked it as a kid so I could gameshark all the spells and items like the town warp wings.
>>
>>3303653
This thread made this song pop in my head.
https://youtu.be/GWetdLV-bIc
>>
I remember getting this game from blockbuster and it didn't live up to what I hyped it up to be in my mind, however I was probably 4-5 years old so I really only fucked around in games to begin with
>>
>>3303757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFhPP-fpu2E
>>
No, but the Gameboy version is.
>>
>>3303653
I liked the open atmosphere.
>>
>>3303653
its a hidden gem with a lot of scratches on it. mainly the leveling system in this game is so ridiculous and tedious, and getting around is a bit annoying cause you have to get these wings and once you use it you have to pick up another one just to be able to teleport back. the last boss is very easy too.
its still an enjoyable action RPG type of game but its got its share of problems that make getting into it a bit hard
>>
>>3303653
I liked it. Not great but it's pretty decent.
>>
>>3304480

hidden turd
>>
>>3303653
It's garbage.
>>
Nope it's shit.

Awful controls and mechanics.
>>
File: Zool.jpg (55KB, 394x558px) Image search: [Google]
Zool.jpg
55KB, 394x558px
It actually can't be called a good game, but it isn't bad either. It's just unfinished.
The game had potential, but when you play it you feel the game is very empty and barebones. The graphics, music and gameplay I think has a lot of charm, but there isn't much going on. Many NPCs that appear in the game were supposed to join your party, for example, but in the final game you can only play as one character.

The same company made another RPG called Zool, it's a monster-collecting game like Pokemon or DQM (in fact it has a very DQM-ish vibe), but it was only released in Japan.
>>
>>3304721
The story in Quest64 always felt like it was missing ~50% of its events and dialogs, and I felt this way as a kid when I played it. I remember things becoming disjointed towards the end... So this evil king... kill him. But wait, uh travel to this other dimension. Remember your father? Well we don't either.
>>
File: maine.jpg (162KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
maine.jpg
162KB, 716x768px
>mfw some N64Cuck tries to tell me the N64 was better than the PS1 yet he can't name a single good fucking RPG for his system that doesn't have Mario's name attached
>>
>>3304745

I think we all agree all 5th gen consoles weren't very good, but that all 3 major ones have good games worth playing.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>3304745
>MUH AR PEE GEES
>>
>>3304749
>Saturn: Best games are rare, expensive and Japan only
>N64: Best games are tech demos or require multiple, expensive controllers
>PS1: Great games overall, some shovelware sure but that's because it's the best selling system of its era

I actually had an N64 first, but "switched sides" when I played the RE2 port and felt like I was missing out on amazing games I wasn't getting on the N64.
>>
>>3304758

Some of N64's best, most expensive games are also Japan only (Sin and Punishment, Bangai-O).

I don't know what do you mean by "tech-demo", lots of good games from that era were tech demos, take Panzer Dragoon for example. Great game but it served as a SS tech demo and that's fine.

At any rate: console war shitposting for 5th gen is really sad.
N64 has good games but most people only played Mario and Zelda. Saturn has good games but most people never had one outside of Japan, PS1's RPGs are unplayable nowdays due to long, annoying loading times every 3 minutes.

There's still a few good games that can be enjoyed on all 3 of these consoles, but most of the time I find myself playing 5th gen, it's just some arcade ports on Saturn, or something like S&P or F-Zero X on N64, I barely touch my PS1.
>>
>>3304764
>I don't know what do you mean by "tech-demo"

Quest 64. Right there in the OP

So many N64 games didn't feel finished, whereas at least finished PS1 titles had to spend the budget to create a CGI ending to justify that CD technology.
>>
>>3304765

Quest 64 isn't a tech-demo, it's an unfinished game.
Quest 64 is one of the N64 games with best draw-distance, but that alone doesn't make it a tech demo.

And yes, precisely the whole CGI/FMV craze during PS1 is one thing that steers me out of the PS1 RPGs. They don't look good, they are long, they take a long time to load, and they are overused. Modern games have less cutscenes than PS1 RPGs.
>>
>>3304758
I feel the same way, I have an N64 and loved it for SM64, OOT, MM and the stuff I played with friends; Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64.

But the PS1 had genuinely interesting games, RE, Silent Hill, the FF series, Castlevania:SOTN, Street Fighter, Tekken, MGS, Wipeout, Need for Speed, GTA, Gran Turismo. I can count my favorite N64 games on one hand. I'd need a page or two for my favorite PS1 games.
>>
>>3304782

Maybe you haven't played enough N64 games, most of what you listed is very entry-level stuff.
If you like Wipeout, you definitely need to play F-Zero X, there's also Wipeout on N64, as well as other "extreme" racing games. N64 has quite a lot of racing games, actually, many of which 4-player.

As for Street Fighter, unless you mean EX, you don't want to play it on PS1, Saturn got the good ports.
>>
>>3304749
The N64 really is the worst 5th gen console. It has it's gems but it's library in anemic and lacking in variety compared to the PS1 and even the Saturn
>>
>>3304775
>Quest 64 isn't a tech-demo, it's an unfinished game.

Tomato, tomatoe. Quest 64 is a perplexing title. I mean I don't get why it doesn't have a currency system. It's like the people who made it had never even played an RPG before

But really, all of the games faults can probably be pinned on the N64 and the use of cartridges. Nintendo didn't want to spring for larger sized carts for the game and that really speaks to how messed up Nintendo as a company was.
>>
>>3304782
>Tekken

Going from Fighter's Destiny to Tekken 3 blew my fucking mind. "You mean a fighter can actually play amazingly despite me not being a fan of fighters and have 10/10 endings?"

>SOTN

You have no idea how pissed I was when I first played this on XBLA after growing up with those two AWFUL 3d Castlevania's on the N64.
>>
>>3304794
Too bad Wipeout 64 pales in comparison to XL and 3.
>>
>>3303653
I loved it.
>>
>>3304806

I actually never played it, I only played the PS1 game and didn't like it as much, more of an F-Zero guy myself, but still, N64 has other racing games like Extreme-G.
>>
>>3304804

You should have played Virtua Fighter 2 in 1996, blew my mind after playing Tekken 2 on PS1.
>>
>>3304794
I've played those and a lot of other N64 games similar to those I listed; Ogre Battle, stuff like Smash, Killer Instinct, the N64 Castlevanias but there's no real comparison. F-Zero X is awesome though.

As for Street Fighter, the PS1 versions of Alpha 1/2/3 and the classics aren't trash by any means. Obviously the Saturn is the best though, but as a jack of all trades console, the PS1 has something for everyone.
>>
>>3304828

I agree there, I guess if you only have to own one console from the 5th gen, then PS1 is the most versatile.

Still most of my favorites from that gen are on N64 and Saturn, few of my favorites are PS1 games.
>>
>>3304829
But again, the problem with the N64 is that it lacks ENTIRE GENRES

No SHMUPs. No JRPGs. No survival horror games.
>>
I rented this when it came out and was utterly broken. I was hoping to finally get an RPG for the N64 and was presented with this piece of shit. No FF6 or Chrono Trigger type experiences for me on the N64. I might have killed myself later that year. Yes, I am definitely a ghost.
>>
>>3304838

It does have shmups, jrpgs and survival horror (if only just one, a port of RE2).

But yeah, I said I agree, if you had to pick just 1 console, PS1 is the best because of "jack of all trades" as you said.

Still many of my favorite games from 5th gen are on N64, and not so many on PS1 despite the huge difference in catalogue size and variety.
>>
No but the /vr/ hipsters will say otherwise
>>
Feels good to have had both a PS1 and an N64 growing up. Taking sides in video games is stupid.
>>
>>3303757
I hate this fucking song. Reminds me of my dad hitting me when I was a kid

>>3303761
The fact that somebody took the time to remix this reminds me of my mother telling me she wished I was never born.
>>
>>3304858
I had both growing up too and I'm not picking sides, I'm looking at the reality and the facts

It's like saying "OMG HOW DARE YOU PICK SIDES WITH WORLD WAR 2! I LOVED BOTH THE AXIS AND THE ALLIES!" That's not the point
>>
>>3304872

Dude you're comparing console wars to actual world wars?

yes, you can pick both sides of a console war if you weren't poor as fuck.

Also Axis>commies>allies
>>
>>3304858
I had neither, PC gaymen and my old SNES.

So N64 was better because of 4 player when I'd hang out with friends. Quest 64 was awful, though. No appeal of any kind.
>>
>>3304851
I'm not that guy. I left it at "jack of all trades."
>>
>>3304813
Extreme G was basically a poor mans Wipeout, plus the second game had a dogshit framerate.
>>
>>3304872
Except video games are mostly subjective. You can find enjoyment in a piece of crap while hating an objectively good game.
>>
>>3304886

It's still another option.

If you want the best you just play F-Zero X. Can't beat actual 60fps.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (116KB, 780x851px) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
116KB, 780x851px
>>3304878
>communists being better than anyone
>allies last
>being this much of a contrarian while probably living in an allied zone

I've had pretty much all the consoles since I started playing and I still pick sides.
>>
>>3304851
N64 has like 3 JRPGs and like 2 shmups.

Its library was seriously lacking.
>>
>>3304891
It's not option when it's subpar shit.

Fzero X was GOAT however.
>>
>>3303653
Decent given that it was a N64 RPG

However like others said here, very bare-bones. A lot of shit wasn't properly executed. Now it could be because the product was rushed to completion, or was due to the Limitations of N64's Hardware/Cartridge File size.
>>
>>3304894

It was, but that doesn't mean it can't still have some really great games (and not just 1st party mario/Zelda stuff).
It also excels at some genres. I'm not a wrasslin fan, but many people consider the AKI pro-wrestling games on N64 to be some of the best ever.
>>
>>3304872

>unironically comparing "which console is the best" to WWII

Most autistic post I've ever seen on /vr/ and that's fucking saying something, dude.
>>
>>3303653
There's basically no story to it and the music is repetitive and boring.
But hot damn I love the combat; it blew my mind when I realized I could dodge around enemy attacks.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.