[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glitch-Lover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I don't know why, but i have a strange affection for glitches and similar things. Not in a sexual way or something, but i am just fascinated by them.

I love glitches. I sometime get out my NES and put my games in, only half the way, in hope of achieving some glitches. At a local store, the clerk behind the counter wanted to throw away a copy of LoZ II, because it was not working properly. I took it for free, and sometimes give it a run, trying to get new results. The Vinesauce Corrupter may be nice, you can experiment and get more results, but it is just not the same thing for me.

It's a weird fascination, i know, i once stood at Burger King and completely forgot what i wanted to order because i could not look away from that strangely flickering TV they had set up. It was clearly broken, but i loved it.

Any of you got experiences with glitches? Anyone else with this fascination?
Are there any more ways of achieving glitches with my consoles, i pretty much own every nintendo console (except the virtual boy) and a few atari/sega ones as well.
>>
Are you me?
>>
>>3302140
>Not in a sexual way or something
Then WHY would you bring that up?
>>
I know what you mean op. Glitched out games are just kinda relaxing.

I was playing joust the other day and couldnt get my cart to read properly. I ended up playing anyway. Damn screen was red vertical bars with red blocks as me/ enemies. Music was playing perfectly too. It was very enjoyable
>>
>>3302167
Because of that screencap floating on /v/ from few years back of a guy masturbating on tile patterns.
>>
>>3302140
It's about Power. To have control or at least knowledge of something that normally doesn't happen, to be aware or even responsible for breaking the laws of nature - if laws of nature of a game or even screen projection.
>>
>>3302168
>Glitched out games are just kinda relaxing.
Not for me!
By the time I was old enough to play our NES, my brothers have already bent the cartridge pins. If the game worked at all it would be glitched as fuck.

The worst part is when the system would freeze, but it would hold the last sound in a high pitched droning noise. It scared the shit out of me every time.
>>
>>3302207
It's relaxing to have glitches under your control, in your case you didn't have Power over them.
>>
I had an SNES once with a bad CPU. It still played most games, but as player 1 in Street Fighter II hadoukens and other projectile moves used by player 2 would go right through your body and continue flying off the screen without causing damage. Player 2 was still vulnerable to them though, so it was almost like a cheat, since pretty much everything else worked normally. .
>>
My brother and I use to play this one soccer game (it wasn't retro) and we would always slide into each other to get red cards, and if you got 5, you'd lose. I ended up getting five one game, and the game got caught on repeat with the referee saying "You've had five players sent off" on an inifinite loop. It was probably the happiest I'd ever been with a video game.

Additionally, I have a copy of a game called "Starmaster" for the Atari 2600, and the game's screen scrolls up to off the screen, and then it rises from the bottom, but you can still kind of play. I kind of like it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.