[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that only sucked because of a few flaws There are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

ITT: Games that only sucked because of a few flaws

There are bad games that cannot be redeemed at all, and then there are games that only sucked because of a few flaws. Let us discuss those games. I'll start:

The Adventures of Dr. Franken. I love many things about this game like the art style, the enemy design, and the funky music. But they screwed it up by:

>making Dr. Franken move too fast
>the fucked up controls
>some of the level designs sucked

If not for this, it would probably have been a pretty good game.
>>
>>3301305
Take the slowdown out of Contra Force and it could have been a masterpiece.
>>
File: egoraptor.png (2MB, 1500x1094px) Image search: [Google]
egoraptor.png
2MB, 1500x1094px
>>
>>3301372
If there was a limit in the agree-o-meter, i would reach that limit
>Multiple characters, each one has their own loadout of weapons
>You can either bro-op or call for 10 seconds a CPU player to help you, which has a fuckton of commands to go by, like he would cover you from behind or go foward
>Music was as excellent as other contra titles [ So excellent, a piece of it made it to Contra Rebirth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJFR3s2LweI ]
>Had a mix of side scroller and top-down levels, as fun as Super C or Operation C's top down levels
>Gradius-like upgrade progression, which was cool.
>FUCKING SLOW DOWN RUINS THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME.
Seriously, i played this game a lot of times and i can say that if the fucking slowdown wasn't there, the game could've been on the same tier as The alien wars or Hard Corps
>>
>>3301469
What do you consider the flaws?
>>
Streetfighter 2010, I think it could legit be a rather good game with a good romhack done to it, change some time limits, change some controls, etc.
>>
>>3301752
>unskippable cutscenes (want to replay? Go make yourself some coffee, the Deku Tree needs to talk to Navi)
>any form of intrusive handholding (Press YES, I mean NO, can't those fuckers shut up or speed up this crap?)
>progression is far too sequential (especially all the bullshit you need to go through to move that fucking guard to reach Goron City)
>way too easy (even with 3 hearts challenge, which makes the game even more sequential and frustrating on replay)
>way too narrative driven, to the point it hurts fun
>Water Temple
>block pushing, seriously fuck blocks, fuck block puzzles
It's not broken, it just does so many things wrong that end up killing the replay value, you have to suffer so much crap to get to the good stuff.
>>
You can tell that a great game is there but a few large flaws hold it back.
>>
>>3301768
I don't disagree with this. These things wouldn't have been a problem if the story and puzzles were actually interesting, though
>>
>>3301779
His whip looks like a 2.
>>
File: The Great Circus Mystery.jpg (36KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Circus Mystery.jpg
36KB, 300x262px
this game is absolutely beautiful, one of the best looking games on the SNES., and the basic gameplay mechanics are simple and fun.

the problem is the game is insanely easy, offering little to no challenge even on the hardest difficulty. also the costumes in the game are completely underutilized to the point that they are pretty much worthless (outside of the safari costume)
>>
>>3302127
I never heard of this game and I loved Magical Quest. But I'd say similar things about that - quite easy and the costumes are underused.
>>
>>3302127
>the problem is the game is insanely easy, offering little to no challenge even on the hardest difficulty
Must explain why my little sister who's not much into vidya completed it.
>>
>>3302138
I remember having Magical Quest when it was younger. I remember the later levels got harder, though that may have been from being younger. The costumes really weren't used once you left the world you got them in.
>>
In some parallel universe wolf team was actually allowed to finish their games ;(
>>
>>3302127
I don't think this game fits this thread. It didn't "suck", it's just that it didn't receive much attention.
>>
The bootleg NES port of Super Mario World has this stupid thing where you slow down to walking speed if you do a running jump. It can be fixed with game genie codes but even that isn't perfect because then it gets reversed and then ALL jumps become running speed.
>>
File: bud5.png (51KB, 639x399px) Image search: [Google]
bud5.png
51KB, 639x399px
Bud Tucker in Double Trouble
Some bigger reasons:
>insane tier pixel hunting (more than usually in point'n'click adventure games due to color explosion graphics)
>absolutely nonsensical and illogical puzzles
>so, fucking, much, red herring (more than usually)

Some flaws that could had been easily fixed:
>game breaking bugs/dead ends (non-intentional ones)
>voice acting is bland, little bit of emotion would had gone long way (mad scientist doesn't sound "mad" enough, creep on the street doesn't sound like a creep etc.)
>lack of background hot spots, there's lots of interesting shit going on in the background but the game doesn't let you to examine them and thus lots of potential funny stuff gets uncommented by the main character
>>
File: kidchameleon.jpg (98KB, 640x895px) Image search: [Google]
kidchameleon.jpg
98KB, 640x895px
>>
>Rock, paper, scissors.
>Punching anything is suicide
>>3302708
You're supposed to point out the flaws.
>>
File: Covers-DVD-Cool-Cool-Toon.jpg (1MB, 1841x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Covers-DVD-Cool-Cool-Toon.jpg
1MB, 1841x1238px
Cool Cool Toon on Dreamcast

It's a pretty niche rhythm game that is actually fun as hell, until you hit level 2. You essentially guide the thumb stick to a part of an on-screen circle and press the correct button in beat with the song.

It is super fun, but level two introduces this really weird thumb stick motion that even on easy mode, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do. I've watched videos and it just MAKES NO SENSE.

I tried it for a few hours and never went back to it.
>>
>>3302725

boss fights aren't terribly interesting and hit detection could be better. it's a fine title otherwise
>>
>>3302725
>Bash, Biff, and Pow in six different languages
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.