[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was he the strongest ff villain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 20

File: exdeath.png (691KB, 722x839px) Image search: [Google]
exdeath.png
691KB, 722x839px
was he the strongest ff villain?
>>
Tied with Garland and Ultimecia, I'd say.
>>
Probably, but that's countered by the fact that he has no character. Truly he's evil just for evil's sake.
>>
>>3298256
Kefka was the strongest because he actually succeeded in destroying the world.
>>
>>3298278
Exdeath fucked up three worlds.
>>
>>3298278
And X-Death succeeded in merging and ruining two worlds. He also had the highest (universal?) potential strength of all FF villains but got corrupted by the power of the Void in the last minute. Kefka probably did more lasting damage though, since everything goes back to normal once X-Death is defeated.
>>
File: Shinryu_Dissidia.png (29KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Shinryu_Dissidia.png
29KB, 256x256px
>>3298256
Fuck no.
>>
>>3298256
Dark Cloud
>>
File: EmperorPalamecia.png (28KB, 241x205px) Image search: [Google]
EmperorPalamecia.png
28KB, 241x205px
I would say Cloud of Darkness or Necron, as they're both emissaries of the void. If they had their way, existence would be nullified completely. Other villains might go as far as to make themselves into despotic rulers, or destroy only a single world. I don't think the void would stop there.

In terms of raw prowess, I guess it's a toss up between Kefka and the Emperor of Palamecia. Both end up destroying the world, and the Emperor of Palamecia goes on to dethrone Satan and take over hell while he's at it. But when are they satisfied? I think the Emperor of Palamecia merely wanted to be a despotic ruler, whereas Kefka's diminished sanity drove him into a state of complete nihilism. After destroying the planet, he possibly would have explored the cosmos in search of other worlds to destroy, until the universe had no further reason to exist.
>>
>>3298385
Don't forget that in Dawn of Souls, Mateus also overthrows God as well. Badass as fuck.

It bears mention that X-Death is also an emissary of the Void, although a more proactive one than CoD or Necron. He just got a bit too cocky with controlling it.
>>
>>3298256
Is that the guy who says "GET THE BROACHES"
>>
>>3298385
>>3298425

If we're going to be saying the emissaries of the Void are the most powerful villains, then how are we skipping Shinryu, Lord of the Void? >>3298332

He goes on to make all the FF villains dance like puppets on strings for his amusement, too.
>>
>>3298278
True but to do this all kefka actually did was knock some statues over.
>>
>>3298504
That's more impressive than how you make it sound considering X-Death (and plenty of other FF villains for that matter) had an entire army and an Agent Smith-esque ability to possess others to suit his goals, while Kefka got where he was through pure scheming
>>
>>3298256
what about the emperor?he split his soul and iirc didnt he rule heaven and hell?
>>
File: SkullEater-ffv.gif (3KB, 156x140px) Image search: [Google]
SkullEater-ffv.gif
3KB, 156x140px
I AM THE STRONGEST
>>
St. Ajora. I hate religion
>>
File: omega.png (11KB, 256x220px) Image search: [Google]
omega.png
11KB, 256x220px
>>
File: VIICC_Jenova.jpg (74KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
VIICC_Jenova.jpg
74KB, 960x544px
>>3298285
Didn't Jenova fuck up entire solar systems at a time?
>>
>>3298952
St. Ajora was a terrorist who stole an experimental technology in the midst of a civil war and turned himself into some sort of immortal eldritch horror made up of pure arcane magic along with the rest of his conspirators, who plotted to take over their country and eventually the world with sheer cruelty and force.

All the religious shit was made up by people after the collapse of the old civilization, Glabados was actually the original name of the military remnants that picked up the pieces after whatever kind of disaster actually occurred at Murond.
>>
>>3299112
Jenova is just space aids, it's not really an entity, more of an organism like a virus or other sort of parasite.
>>
>>3298256
I'd say ultimecia since she very nearly broke spacetime and reality as a whole in half and the only thing that stopped her ass was literal bullshit of the highest caliber, we are talking some serious high caliber reality warping fuckery going on there.
FFVIII for how god damn terrible as a whole it was actually really good at hyping how bullshit the big bad really was.
>>
>>3299190
>FFVIII for how god damn terrible as a whole it was
no
>>
>>3298264
>Truly he's evil just for evil's sake.
The best kind of villains. Much better than those 'my cuck motives' villains.
>>
File: image.png (227KB, 565x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227KB, 565x634px
>>3299274
Truly a 'retro' taste, I see.
>>
>>3298278
>>3298385
>Kefka destroyed the world!

Nah, he really didn't. Despite having the power of all creation and destruction at his fingertips, Kefka was too unbalanced to do anything so grand. He just randomly shoots lasers at things during brief bouts of lucidity. I would argue that of all the villains, Kefka was probably the weakest. While most of them hunger for deityhood (or some approximation thereof, whether it's absorbing the Lifestream, Time Compression, etc.) they're stopped before acquiring it. Kefka had all the powers of a God at his disposal but was too mentally damaged and unfocused to even defend himself against the mortals that ultimately brought him down.
>>
>>3298264
That's character though.
He's evil and he fucking loves it.
>>
>>3299284
Hell, you could even argue his battle script is an attest to this. It's only when you have his HP low enough to kill him with a spell or two that he busts out Ultima, a spell much superior to his trademark Goner/Forsaken, almost as if it's a spell he has mastered but only uses as desperation, because why bother using it against what he deems to be mere insects?
>>
>>3299190
She was literally a figment of Squall's imagination based on his freudian insecurity and fear of women as a result of never having an appropriate female relationship since his childhood got fucked up.
>>
>>3299284
>>3299324
Kefka's goal is to make the world as twisted and disfigured as his own mind became after his botched magitek surgery, which probably involved the surgical implantation of esper organs/brain tissue into his body or some other horrific experiment.

He succeeds admirably at turning the world into a reflection of himself, and after that his goal is likely to get killed. Literally he probably wants to die and he's probably happy that it's a bunch of broken and troubled individuals such as himself that do it, though he doesn't want to just hand it to them either. It's like a game for him as he tries to find any way of coping with the biochemically induced magical tourettes and schizophrenia that he's forced to live with. The espers inside him hate humanity, and the human inside him hates espers. He hates himself, he hates everything else, all he wants is release from his agony.
>>
>>3298385
>I think the Emperor of Palamecia merely wanted to be a despotic ruler

Emps had the highest ambition of them all, to rule EVERYTHING, how can you not love the guy?
It's not just some stupid reason like vengeance or destroying everything, it's becoming so bullshit strong as to reign over everything and cockblock the opposition with sheer power while laughing at them.
>>3298482
TO DA SILENT BEYOND!
>>
>>3299274
Not all the time. Arvis from Fire Emblem 4 is a good villain imo.
>>
>>3298256

Whether or not he's the strongest he's definitely the hottest.

>badass "knows he's the shit" pose
>that fucking muscle definition on his armor
>jewelry and tapestries draped everywhere, so much fucking swagger holy shit
>face that says "I don't give a fuck"

I want him to raw me honestly
>>
>>3301490
You're gay
>>
File: Bartz hates it!.png (606KB, 779x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Bartz hates it!.png
606KB, 779x1016px
>>3298256

He potentially could have done the most damage. He was in a position to erase ALL the FF universes, past present, and future.
Butz and the gang stopped him.
>>
>>3298256
It's easily Chaos or Exdeath.

Unfortunately they are also the FF antagonists with no personality
>>
He made an entire castle from the people he killed. That's pretty amazing.
>>
>>3298264
>Truly he's evil just for evil's sake.

And yet Kefka is considered a unique and special bad guy.
>>
>>3298286
>Kefka probably did more lasting damage though, since everything goes back to normal once X-Death is defeated.

No, the worlds still stay united, which kind of fucked up two worlds in ways. Things like trade routes probably got wrecked, and new kingdoms showed up from nothing.
>>
File: final fantasy whatever.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy whatever.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>3299240
Whatever.
>>
>>3299345

I agree with this. Kefka was beaten in the end but he totally succeeded at his goal before that happened. Do you really win if you beat a guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything?
>>
>>3305902
It establishes a character that was rather faithful to that generation's stereotypes. FFVIII has severe storytelling issues. Squall's character isn't one of them.
>>
>>3305956
Kefka's goal was to destroy EVERYTHING and kill EVERYONE. He succeeded in fucking up the world, but he wasn't gonna stop at that. In his own words, he was gonna build a monument to nonexistence, and destroy all those who would seek to rebuild what he destroyed. The FFVI gang stopped him from going further, thus they won.
>>
Sephiroth was the strongest villain. He destroyed the entire solar system not once, but multiple times.
>>
>>3306037

All he did in the end was move the goalpost, though. He still managed to fuck the world beyond repair (In a way his death helped this, as magic, the only force that could undo the corruption he bestowed, was destroyed) and make it feel his influence
>>
>>3306135

Destruction is great for discussing power, but a person has to be able to create and destroy to be considered truly powerful. I haven't beaten FFVII, does Sephiroth create anyone or anything?
>>
>>3298264
He's literally an amalgamation of imprisoned, evil souls. What more do you expect?
>>
>>3305890
Kefka is batshit insane. What's Exdeath's excuse?
>>
>>3306152
>a person has to be able to create and destroy to be considered truly powerful

That's what weak people say to justify it. An H-bomb is very powerful and creates nothing.
>>
no mario
>>
File: 2351326736.png (372KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2351326736.png
372KB, 400x400px
>>3306194
he is the living manifestation of malevolent intent
>>
>>3298256
I don't know if he was the strongest but he's definitely the best FF villain.
>>
>>3298953
Interesting. Did you name your characters Lenna and Cara for any particular reason?
>>
>>3306301
You can only name Bartz, Lenna and Cara are the default names for them in the translation patch for SNES version
>>
>>3306226
Actually, an H-bomb is a result of a fusion reaction. It is creation so energetic it can destroy everything around it.
>>
File: 1448247574233.jpg (247KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
1448247574233.jpg
247KB, 600x771px
FF expert here.

ExDeath, Cloud of Darkness and Chaos are God Tier universe wrecking machines.
Chaos has a move during his fight that destroys existence and it's easy to miss but ExDeath erases everything prior to his fight.

Kefka, Sephiroth & Kuja are all on a similar planetary level, all three having absorbed some sort of greater power that is the life force of the planet(or just magical super gods). Sephiroth does and doesn't reach this stage as he never absorbs the life force from the planet like he intended but he still was able to tap into it and learn the ancients knowledge.

Mateus and Golbez are basically unkillable wizards. I want to lump Ultimecia in this category because her time travel powers require a specific type of sorcerer to control and time compression required outside help.
>>
I'd say no. He's a fucking tree for fuck's sake.
>block out light
>can't into photosynthesis
>starves to death
>>
>>3306651
>Chaos has a move during his fight that destroys existence
Are you talking about Dissidia Chaos or something? In FF1 his strongest move was Crack.

> it's easy to miss but ExDeath erases everything prior to his fight
>I am Neo-Exdeath! All memories...dimensions...existence... All that is shall be returned to nothing. Then I, too, can disappear... forever!!!
You sure? Sounds like he's just on the cusp of it.

Also I'd say Mateus is a bit out of Golbez's league since he killed Satan and God and all while repeatedly coming back from the dead, though admittedly he's not very well-defined.

goddamn I love arguing about power levels on a retro video games board of a laotian interpretive dance discussion forum
>>
>>3308041
He was sealed underground for centuries anon, he doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>3308112
>You sure? Sounds like he's just on the cusp of it.

In the cutscene before the last fight, he sucks up a lot of other parts of the world, including your team. Then the 4 warriors of Dawn, plus King Tycoon appear and help you fight back and negate the void so you can actually fight exdeath.

Yes, he succeeds in killing your parts, and you only return because your elders kick your ass out of the afterlife.
>>
>>3298941
the fuck were they thinking with that enemy
>>
File: Neo_Exdeath.jpg (721KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_Exdeath.jpg
721KB, 2000x1600px
>>3308112
>In FF1 his strongest move was Crack.
After checking the wiki it seems I mistook his instant-kill "Earthquake" as some sort of reality destroying, game over spell. For some reason I had it in my head that he had an attack that could just randomly give you a gameover and I guess the weird black & white animation of the move made me think it was something more than a generic elemental super spell.

>I am Neo-Exdeath! All memories...dimensions...existence... All that is shall be returned to nothing. Then I, too, can disappear... forever!!!
So I shouldn't of said that ExDeath erases everything PRIOR to the final battle.
It seems before the final battle that he has just mastered the power of the Void and can use it freely. He then blackholes/x-zones/voids a few kingdoms before he then hits the party with a blackhole, who are then subsequently saved by the Warriors of the Dawn.
Final Fight ensues.
but afterwards:

"In the beginning, there was Void. Then four Spirits came. Together in this
Void, the Crystals were born and the world was created.

Thus, Hope gives Earth blessings, Courage lights the flame, Kindness makes
water the source of life and pursuit lets wisdom ride the wind.

When the day comes that Void shall again envelop the world. If within people
live the four spirits, Light shall again be born.

Four Spirits, wandering through Void shall once again, give birth to light."

"Butz: The world, is being reborn.

Lenna: The Crystals too.

Butz: There was still some power left in the Pieces of Crystal.

Cara: I'm so glad.

Butz: It's because of Lenna, Faris and Cara. It's because you protected the
Crystals so well."

All of this while you're floating in a starry void without anything besides the main four characters floating around, and the starry void looks exactly like when you were absorbed by the blackhole prior to being saved by the Warriors of the Dawn.
>>
File: tumblr_mbdwjfkfax1qizbpto1_1280.jpg (612KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbdwjfkfax1qizbpto1_1280.jpg
612KB, 900x1165px
>>3308112
>Mateus is a bit out of Golbez's league

Mateus certainly ends up in a more powerful villain position, but before we even get into the specifics of each characters capabilities lets not forget:

>Golbez's strategy for handling out of line mages is to walk right up to them and then cast the ultimate black magic on them.
>Mateus's weakness was someone walking right up to him and casting the ultimate black magic on him
>>
>>3305464
Bartz*
>>
>>3306651
>Says FF expert here then proceeds to say the dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>3308401
You call yourself and expert but almost everything you said was wrong and then to top it off you call Bartz "Butz" still.
>>
>>3308518
Copy and pasted from the gamescript
>>
Evil tree man
>>
Just beat FF6. Awesome shit.

A serious Kefka would definitely be up there.
>>
>>3308518
Liar.
>>
>>3308176
>the fuck were they thinking

Easy AP, my dude
>>
>>3308176
It gives excalipoor a purpose.
>>
>>3299345
>He succeeds admirably at turning the world into a reflection of himself, and after that his goal is likely to get killed

Suicide by heroes is a good explanation for why Kefka didn't fly away when he was about to lose or telekinetically dropping everyone to their deaths during the final battle.
>>
>>3298256
He was a tree.

A fucking tree.

So help me, a tree.
>>
>>3312949

and?
>>
Probably Necron. Not sure if you can classify it as a "villain" though. It was more like "anti-existence".
>>
>>3312949
and Kefka was basically joker from Batman, but somehow still considered an EPIC VILLAIN.
>>
nice thread you got here, endgame bosses
>>
>>3299345
reflection? I dont think so. He didn't care, he simply let the inhabitants of his world live because he would be bored without them. But eventually lost to the mortals he let live. Because indeed if he wanted to he could have killed all of existence if in fact that was what he wanted to do.
>>
I'll just leave this here:

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/insight-and-analysis/5418/definitive-and-absolute-power-level-tier-list/
>>
>>3308518
His name is Butts.
>>
File: latest[2].png (292KB, 461x462px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
292KB, 461x462px
Ozma, he's SPHERICAL
>>
>>3314839
>Joker
>not epic
fucking millenials
>>
>>3306150
Nah, he failed like the failure he was.

>i hate everything so much i want to destroy it all
>but i'm limited by my own madness and rage so i can only inarticulately spout nonsense and fire lasers randomly around
>all the powers of the infinite but i'm too broken to use them
>guess it's a good thing gestahl didn't get here first, with a competent villain wielding these powers you'd all be fucked!
>>
>>3308401
shit, I missed that. You are right, Exdeath ends up destroying the world, and the crystal shards of your characters end up re-creating it.
>>
File: joker gets owned.jpg (613KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
joker gets owned.jpg
613KB, 994x1528px
>>3315198
Joker is just an asshole who acts and calls himself crazy in order to justify murder.
>>
>>3315686
Fucking REKT.
>>
>>3315686
Meh. That could have been an epic confrontation but his delivery failed.
>>
>>3315686
OOC as all fuck. Who writes this stuff?
>>
File: epic jar.jpg (32KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
epic jar.jpg
32KB, 211x239px
>>3315745
>epic

now who is the fucking millennial.
>>
>>3298256
If we're going /vr/ Final Fantasy, it's Exdeath easily

If we're going all Final Fantasy, Caius Ballad and it's not even close
>>
>>3315749
right? Joker doesn't give a shit what people think of him, he just wants to subvert and destroy the absurdity of society's lies that things are peaceful or that people are righteous or sane or normal, while instead he relishes insanity for what it is and tries to drag people down to his level, which as he sees it, is what they really are.

If someone pulled that shit on him he wouldn't even care because it's irrelevant to his interests. He just wants to point and laugh at the emperor with no clothes and throw acid at him for acting like he's a big shot.
>>
>>3306194
He's a tree

Since when do trees have personality?
>>
File: smhtbfam.png (221KB, 398x329px) Image search: [Google]
smhtbfam.png
221KB, 398x329px
>>
File: 1234o5746352.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1234o5746352.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>3315006
>twf bouncy ball
>>
>>3298256
He is the strongest tree at least
>>
>>3315826
hehehehe
>>
So how true is Ultimecia's time compression thing?
Can she really create a time singularity centered on herself?
Would that really make her the most powerful or just give her an automatic stalemate card?
>>
>>3316495
It requires prep time and draws all of time towards herself as she does it. If anyone in history can stop her, they'll get a chance. Not as OP as people think.
>>
>>3315826
Ayyylmao
>>
Is there anyway could run boss scripts against each other in some sort of tournament?
>>
File: dissidia12314.jpg (136KB, 310x488px) Image search: [Google]
dissidia12314.jpg
136KB, 310x488px
>>3318325
>>
>>3315006
>he
It's Ozma, not Tippetarius/Tip.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.