[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Companies with Multiple Consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20160528_133338.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_133338.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
What are some examples of old video game companies that released multiple standalone consoles?

Outside of Nintendo, Sega, and Atari, I'm not seeing many. Most were one hit wonders or had sequel consoles released in very limited supply or specific regions only.
>>
NEC and SNK, summer.
>>
>>3296158
the only other ones i can think of is Sony, but their post-ps1 systems came out after 2000
>>
>>3296175
>summer

SNK is interesting because it was a CD based console, right?

>NEC
The second console only came out in Japan. So, you're the summer here, buddy.
>>
>>3296184
>SNK is interesting because it was a CD based console, right?

SNK had 2 cart consoles (MVS and AES) and 2 variants of the CD, the CD, and the CDZ

You can make an argument that they're all essentially the "same" console, in that there is huge overlap in the libraries, but they are stand alone consoles.

SNK also had the Neo Geo Pocket Colour.
>>
>>3296189
>mvs
>console
>>
>>3296158
>NEET
>>
>>3296195
It's the only cheap and trustworthy VGA converter other than the crappy Chinese ones on Ebay. I had to import it from the UK.
>>
>>3296189
Wasn't the AES the home version of the MVS?

For standalone consoles, I can only really give SNK the AES and the CD. That's still more than a lot of other manufacturers, though.
>>
>>3296204
The Neo Geo CD only had a couple of exclusives over the MVS.
>>
>>3296193
Just because it's sitting in a cabinet doesn't mean it's not a console.

Especially considering the AES is a console, but the MVS "isn't" when they're basically the same thing.
>>
>>3296184
>Japan only doesn't count
What?
>>
RCA
>Studio
>Studio 2
Magnavox
>Odyssey
>Odyssey 2
Coleco
>Colecovision
>Gemini
>>
Fucking Tiger wouldn't stop with the consoles
>>
>>3296230
I think OP's intent is to find others that tried or almost accomplished what Atari, Sega and Nintendo did.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.