[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain yourself why you cheat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Cheating.png (743KB, 3584x4608px) Image search: [Google]
Cheating.png
743KB, 3584x4608px
Why would anyone want to cheat at a Video Game?
>>
>>3294407
You are giving galaga anon a boner.
>>
>Because I don't hold video games in such high esteem I capitalize the term as if it's a proper noun
>Because I want to practice technique for later unassisted competitive play
>Because I'm curious about some element of the game that is either completely inaccessible or inaccessible at the skill level I'm willing to achieve
>To make the game harder
>>
Because I want to see the ending, and since I have sex with women I already feel like enough of a man without needing to substitute that with video game accomplishments.
>>
>>3294407
Two main reasons

1. i would use level select/invicibility etc to see levels I knew i could never get to just to see what I was missing out on

2. sometimes i just want to play goldeneye with all guns infinite ammo invicibility on and just blow everything up in the level
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 290x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 290x188px
>>3294429
>not cumming in a sloot's mouth while beating Mike Tyson in punch-out
>>
For fun you fag.
>>
>>3294429
>flexing your nuts on 4chan of all places
>feeling like a man
nice
>>
File: hex-intro.png (41KB, 875x606px) Image search: [Google]
hex-intro.png
41KB, 875x606px
>>3294407
I use hex editors and cheat devises to access shit the devs sealed away from you. I use cheat codes if, for example I've lost my game save to corruption and I must recover lost progress. Because fuck doing it all over again. Cheat code, I choose you.
>>
I want to do a new game plus from Chrono Trigger into Crimson Echoes because autism. Now obviously, I can't use Trigger's save because it'll break everything so here I am painstakingly recreating everyone's stats one game genie code at a time to "simulate" a new game plus at startup.
>>
>>3294407
Because I'm an adult with a job full of responsibilities and I can't spend as much time as I did before playing videogames.
>>
>>3294407
Because challenge is only one of like, four reasons why people play video games.
People play video games also to:
- experience (graphics, story, exploration, etc)
- create (build stuff in sandbox modes, make RPG characters, select moral choices)

and also to interact with others, but cheating is pointless for that one.
>>
>>3295689
Dude, you forgot the most important reason: To have fun. And yes, some gamers get their jollies from breaking a game.
>>
>>3294407
Because it's fun and sometimes I just want to blow shit up.
>>
>>3295305
>Because I'm an adult with a job full of responsibilities and I can't spend as much time as I did before playing videogames.
"wahhhh wahhhh muh job, muh responsibilities, muh adulthood! wahhhh wahhhh pander your games to me you NO-LIFE VIRGIN NERDS! wahhh wahhh!"

You and this shitty way of casual thinking are what killed the industry.

Go fuck yourself, please.
>>
>>3295727
Except this thread is about cheating, not whatever the hell you're talking about. None of that has to do with cheating.
>>
>>3295727
I... I can't tell if this is trolling or not.
>>
>>3294407
it's fun. Starcraft is especially fun to cheat in, and then the people found out about stacking things with the Lights On/Off exploits.
>>
cause it makes me feel like a bigshot! :D
>>
>>3294407
Practice so I can do it right
>>
>>3294407
To be an overpowered dick. Sometimes I like murdering things with impunity.
>>
I usually only cheat when the game is supposed to be played in co-op, and finishing it alone is close to impossible. I know it's not retro, but the two PAYDAY games come to mind.

But more on topic, do you guys consider this cheating? I push START on controller 2 when I'm about to lose all my lives as player 1. Usually in games where a continue takes you to the beginning of a stage or set of stages.

Anyway, even after I finish a game without cheats, I try them on to see if they make the game more fun, like Earthworm Jim. Why don't those codes exist nowadays, anyway?
>>
Went back to playing Majoras Mask recently. Havent played it since highschool. I used a guide to beat the game, not sure if thats considered cheating or not.

But either way, I have a job, and a family now, so my time is valuable.
>>
>>3294407
I cant remember last time i used a cheat.
>>
I'D LIKE TO SCAM BECAUSE I CAN
>>
>>3296220
Kek
>>
>>3294463
>flexing your nuts
that's nothing

when i get bored, i like to slam my testicles together to create an earth shattering reverberation. women faint when they hear the sound
>>
>>3295729
I think it's time you moved out of your parents house. You getting this angry just tells me you feel bad about something. Turn off the console and go do something with your life
>>
File: can you fucking not.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
can you fucking not.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>3294429
>dat projecting
>>
>>3296231
lol what was angry about that post? now im angry at you for thinking it was angry when it wasn't, bastard!
>>
>>3296231
you getting mad at him getting angry tells me you're not much better. as if any of the rejects here care what you say.
>>
>>3295727
>>3295729
>>3295736
Yeah but he's right. Normalfags bitching about having to knuckle-down and actually PLAY video games is what crippled the industry. Self-entitled assholes always spew the "I'm too busy with my job, wife's son, bird watching yada" yada yada then demand the game to be dumbed down or made easier.
>>
>>3294407
I had no idea you could cheat in a sandbox game.

>Sim City and The Sims games
>>
Because it's fun.
>>
I used to do god mode on games when I just wanted to fuck around.
>>
>>3294407
I don't know, because it feels awesome.
>>
>>3296354
That's silly. Most games are still too long of a time investment for normies. The market just went where the demand was.
>>
because who wouldnt want infinite masterballs
>>
>>3297010
Sim City SNES had a hidden collection of 1000 maps as well as a hidden money code that made it considerably less tedious
>>
>>3294429
>I want to see the ending

I mean I understand having better things to do than master vidya games, and I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, but couldn't you just read a book or watch a movie? Challenge is literally the entire point of video games. You can find better stories elsewhere.
>>
>>3294463
>Being bothered by other people flexing their nuts
>>
Because if I sometimes didn't abuse savestates I would risk losing patience and putting the game on infinite hold.

I just abused savestates during the Dracula fight in Circle of the Moon couple of days ago. I just couldn't justify spending time getting gud or grinding for better cards for just one boss. I'd rather see the ending now and mentally file the game under "next time, play it properly" while moving through my massive backlog in steady pace.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.