[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got these for cheap on the 3DS VC. Which one of the two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (82KB, 620x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 620x332px
Just got these for cheap on the 3DS VC. Which one of the two should I play first and should I play Link's Awakening first?
>>
>>3293809
>should I play Link's Awakening first?
Yeah, probably. The oracle games are much bigger. Link's Awakening might feel underwhelming if you play it right after them.
>>
>>3293809
That 3ds sale eh?
>>
>>3293809
Seasons is more action-oriented and focused on fighting shit. Ages is more focused on puzzles and a bit slower paced.

Whichever style you prefer, play that one second.
>>
>>3293915
Yep.
>>3293841
>>3293946
Thanks.
>>
The Oracle games have their merits, but they're retardedly long when you consider all the linked content. If you're a completionist, you're going to have to finish each game 3 or 4 times, and you'll definitely need a guide to anticipate some quests. (particularly the outcome of Bipin and Blossom's son)

If you're not a completionist, then it really doesn't matter which order you play them in. I think the linked portion of the storyline is identical between both games, and you need to complete only one of the games to create a linked save file that unlocks said portion of the storyline.
>>
>>3293971
>(particularly the outcome of Bipin and Blossom's son)
The rewards for that look like shit. 200 rupees? There's barely a use for rupees after a certain point. Health restores and a Gasha Seed... is there any point in doing that for the rewards? A unique ring would have been neat.
>>
>>3293809
Play LA first. By the time you finish the oracle games you'll probably be exhausted.
>>
>>3293809
If it helps, the "canon" order is Seasons > Ages, and that's the only order that allows you to completely explore both maps.

However, to truly 100% the games you need to play them twice. If you plan on doing this, you could go Ages > Seasons first, which allows you to play Seasons > Ages and 100% the game for real.

Playing them in different order allow you to see different small bits of story/characters, too. But if you don't care about 100% the game(s) or anything like that you can just play them in whichever order you like, considering what >>3293946 says. I'd add that Ages is also more focused on the story, while Seasons is a bit more focused on exploration.

I'd say play Link's Awakening first, too, because its engine is more primitive. Having a sensible menu and not getting three boxes of dialogues whenever you touch a rock will spoil you if you play Link's Awakening after Oracles.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.