[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Goemon games so damn great?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: goemon-chill.jpg (418KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
goemon-chill.jpg
418KB, 640x1136px
Why are the Goemon games so damn great?
>>
Fun atmosphere and good dev team.
>>
File: goeimpact2.jpg (27KB, 273x500px) Image search: [Google]
goeimpact2.jpg
27KB, 273x500px
Because Impact is the best
>>
>>3292217
interesting characters, whimsical setting, lots of minigames and villagers have funny dialogue

Konami had their chance to bring the DS game over but made once again huge statement by ignoring it. I'm still mad about it
>>
File: just let it die.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
just let it die.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
found cool Goemon mii fighters some japanese user made for sm4sh
>>
File: just let it die 2.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
just let it die 2.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>3292428
p-pls no bully it's the closest to modern goemon we're I'm getting
>>
File: ToonMermaid-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png (361KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
ToonMermaid-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png
361KB, 336x500px
>>3292428
>>3292430

I mean, if there's people that play Yu-Gi-Oh with Goemon-based cards, why not.
>>
I bought my 64 a week before department stores stopped selling 64 games. It came with Goemon, Pokemon snap, and Mario Party 3. No expansion pack or memory paks... Guess which game I FUCKING HATED? Goemon. I'd put in an hour of work, then turn off the game and do the same shit the next time I played it.
Maybe my previous experiences will be redeemed when I actually get a memory pak. That's my input.
>>
>>3292437

You hated it because of something, or because you couldn't save?

I suggest you try again with a memory card to save the progress. Did you make it to the first castle and the first boss fight with Impact at least?
>>
>>3292440
I don't really remember much besides derping around the village. Perhaps if my parents weren't so stingy when I was a kid and got me a memory pak I would have actually enjoyed the game. But... I was way more interested in my playstation by that time.
>>
>>3292443
I highly recommend at least playing a ROM of Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure again. They aged relatively well and Goemon's Great Adventure is still one of my favorite platformers.

Just make sure if you get a rom of Goemon's Great Adventure you actually pick up the PAL version (called Mystical Ninja 2 over in europe where that is a thing) cause all the NTSC roms have this weird graphical glitch where you can't see anything in underwater sections.
>>
>>3292217
Are they still making games in the Goemon series?

WHY THE FUCK are they no longer being ported?

Mystical Ninja is comfy as fuck. Still one of my favorite platformers.
>>
Because of their OST.
>>
File: goe1ad.jpg (194KB, 620x876px) Image search: [Google]
goe1ad.jpg
194KB, 620x876px
>>3293798

No, the goemon team left Konami in 2005, the last game was for DS.
Konami is now whoring the series in pachislots and ports of old games for mobile in Japan.
>>
>The PS2 Goemon killed Working Designs
Fuck you Sony!
>>
>>3295484

That one was weird. The character design wasn't atrocious like Next Gen Goemon, but it wasn't good old Goemon either.
I haven't played it, but I've read it's like a Zelda game, I wonder if it's similar to MNsG at least, or if Impact appears on it.
>>
>Nintendo will never give Good-Feel the Murasame IP and tell them to go wild.
There is no justice.
>>
>>3295547
Who knows. Yoshi Wooly World I've heard did really well. So maybe Nintendo will ask them what IP they would want to work on next.
>>
>>3292230
I second that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbPDuaWpHnc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.