[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bst/: Buy Sell Trade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: BUYSELLTRADE.png (27KB, 512x966px) Image search: [Google]
BUYSELLTRADE.png
27KB, 512x966px
Let's continue these, /vr/.

Posting old pic, with the strongly encouraged "rules" (still working on updated pic):

1. Suggestion: have both email and date in your time stamp. This way you don't have to include it in your text as people will see it in the pic, and the pic would be harder to steal.

2. Prices should include shipping and fees for CONUS; if you're international, prices should include fees and you can work out shipping details with the seller/buyer.

3. /vr/ stuff only, although I personally have purchased /v/ stuff as well. Therefore, if you wish to sell /v/-stuff you *must* have /vr/ stuff to sell as well.

4. I strongly advise against gift payments, but that's your call.

5. Modding services of course are welcomed, but modders please be prompt and professional. Follow-up feedback for services rendered is welcome as well.
>>
>>3290725
Dont post a /bst/ unless you have something to actually sell ya dingus.
>>
>>3290760
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>3290725
i've had a lot of success in bst threads in the past.

sold a shit ton
bought a shit ton

those times are gone, and it was only last year.
there's no interest, this is the third bst thread in a month that just died
>>
>>3291398

I'm actually baffled that there isn't a lot of interest, either. I guess people have just moved on? I mean, I've been doing these past few after a year-and-a-half hiatus, so I was gone for a bit as well.

I'll keep reviving these, though, in hopes that they'll benefit the few.
>>
>>3291428
>wanting to deal financially with a bunch of social rejects that are beyond hateful and are likely in their teens still

I'd rather pay ebay prices then take my chances.
>>
It's definitely strange that these threads just died. They were so popular and lasted forever.

I remember getting some of the best deals ever here least year and then they just vanished.

Maybe everyone just sold all their shit already.
>>
>>3291432
There is almost no difference between buying off some stranger from eBay than a stranger here, provided you pay with goods/services on PayPal. You don't get the eBay protection, but you still get PayPal protection.
>>
>>3291428
>>3291437

No one is posting anything. So theres no reason to revive anything.

I could post some spare shit. I have an NES and SNES advantage I'm never going to use, but it's probably worthless for me to even post them here because of shit like this idiot >>3291432 who thinks everyone here is going to rip you off.
>>
Every time this thread gets "revived," it's just everyone calling out OP for forcing something that /vr/ no longer has an interest in. I suppose OP is going to repost another edition of /vr/ Gauntlet soon too.

This is some next level trolling.
>>
File: 1465694861340.jpg (55KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465694861340.jpg
55KB, 720x480px
Hey all. I'm a tired gamer. Work and make decent money so I always bought games to play later. Before I knew it I had a backlog of 400+ games. Most are retro with a mix of 6th 7th and 8th gen games.

Took a good hard look at my collection and realized I'm probably never going to play a lot of them. Some are pretty rare going for $300+ on ebay when I paid a fraction of that.

Anyway, I live in podunk fuckall Texas where no one uses or most likely even have internet so Craigslist just gets me niggers trying to lowball or kids just flat out asking for the games. Tips on selling? Never used Ebay before. I just wanna recoup some of the money I sunk into these games.
>>
>>3291571
You can either post them here, or just do listings on eBay.

If you want maximum profits you need to use Craigslist, or Facebook buy/sell groups becuase you avoid fees associated with eBay, Paypal, and shipping.

Ebay is probably the best place to sell outside of local though.

>General Ebay Tips/Tricks
>Take a shitload of pictures, if it's a disc game, give pictures of front, back, opened case, make sure to highlight any damage, or scuffs, a picture of it running on a TV is always a bonus
>Auctions starting at 0.99 cents are a -bad- idea, at least if you want a lot of your money back. Occasionally stuff will go for what it's "worth" but a lot of time you'll end up getting significantly lower from auctions.
>If you want it to move fast, either an auction starting at your lowest accepting value will work, or put it at a very competitively priced BiN.
>ebay and paypal will rape you with fees. Expect to lose ~10-20% of your sale
>If you charge "actual shipping" on eBay, you are also going to lose 10% or so of the shipping cost as a "final shipping value fee". I always over estimate the cost of shipping to account for this.
>Have boxes, bubble mailers, etc. Ready. I always keep a floating drawer of reusable bubble mailers from stuff from eBay and Amazon. Don't pay for packing materials.
>Don't ship something valued over 100 bucks in a bubble mailer, use a box.
>>
>>3291610
Awesome info. Thanks. So if I did sell on here how would I get paid and avoid scammers?
>>
>>3291504
I got scammed for 200$ in the last thread.
Probably by this idiot trying so hard to convince you that everyone is an angel.
>>
>>3291571
pricecharting.com
Don't expect the values to be 100% accurate, but they are usually ballpark. There are places like NintendoAge and pricecharting market place where you can sell to people who know the value, but ebay would be where youre hoping to gain the most amount of money (selling individuals most likely)
>>
>>3291571
I'm in California and have made decent returns selling at con swap meets, although I priced them slightly below eBay. I'm guessing there are some bigger cons in Texas, but you'd likely have to travel.
>>
>>3292458
Damn that sucks if its true. I'm the tired gamer anon from earlier. Still trying to decide how to unload these games. Good info here
>>
>>3292460
Great website. Thanks.
>>
>>3291641

Essentially just use PayPal like the OP posted. Use tracking when shipping so there will be proof of arrival and whatnot.

I link people to my Ebay page to show them I'm a legit seller and buyer, although thats not mandatory by any means.
>>
>>3292672
>implying paypal doesn't allow chargebacks
>implying you can't just send a package with paper in it to show as proof of sending
>>
>>3292674

I believe he was talking about protection as a seller, not as a buyer.

At any rate, I've never had any trouble using Paypal or using the BST threads. I've had more trouble selling on Ebay than I have had using PayPal directly.

If you don't feel comfortable selling here then don't, but it's not like it's a free for all scam fest here.
>>
>>3292458
>I GOT SCAMMED FOR $200
>doesn't mention the email/paypal of the scammer, or links to the posts in the previous thread, or otherwise gives ANY information about the scam
Calling BS, if you really did get scammed you would have been screaming about it in the thread. I see no one saying they personally got scammed in any /bst/ thread in the archive, just the occasional person repeating ">Trusting people on 4chan!"
>>
>>3292587
Post what you've got I'm interested.

I've done a few buys here (biggest being a Megaman 7) so I'm legit.
>>
>>3292587

Interested in what you've got.
>>
>>3292823
I'd honestly trust most of the people on here. Only real "threat" would be kiddies who think they're doing some great thing by screwing those dirty dang collectorfags.
>>
File: IMG_0086.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0086.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Not pictured Super Gameboy - cart only
GC games have been resurfaced - all are in working order.
Pokemon games - they all save

Sadly i'm not looking for retro trades since I emulate on my PSP mostly. Looking for newer games or PayPal. Have other things for sale but there not retro so send me a email if you'd like to know.
>>
>>3292834
These threads are pointless ever since BST became more of a thing on facebook with policing communities where people feedback each other.

Do you really want to ship your stuff off to some anon and hope for the best? I know I'd rather send it an active collector with a bunch of recs myself.
>>
File: $_85.jpg (17KB, 726x545px) Image search: [Google]
$_85.jpg
17KB, 726x545px
Got a WonderSwan name your offer.
>>
>>3293059

I've had great experiences on /bst/ too. Obviously you're going to get those who are scammed on here to be vocal, but on average it seemed that most people had great success.
>>
>>3292834
I've had a dozen buys from these threads any haven't run into any scams.

One anon asked me at the very least to give them a call to negotiate and another wanted my FB. Otherwise I've done straigh email correspondence in which we both had our RL names associated with the accounts.
>>
>>3292834
99% of the people in the world are good people not looking to screw you. my gut tells me that 4chan represents the other 1% disporportionately though, even if /vr/ is a pretty chill board.

I'd feel comfortable buying off here since I know PayPal has my back as long as I use a merchant payment. I certainly wouldn't be trading anything of value though and I suggest others don't either.
>>
How much could I get for a Super Scope (with adapter) and Yoshi's Safari?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.