[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comix Zone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Comix_Zone_Coverart.png (205KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Comix_Zone_Coverart.png
205KB, 256x363px
Curious about the board's opinions on this game: rad or bad?
>>
>>3290241
Very hard but good.
>>
>>3290241

Rad as fuck even if I can't beat it.
>>
>>3290241
One of my all time favorites! Still have my copy from when I bought it new as a kid. My only complaint is that I wish it was a bit longer.

Also had the best song on the Genesis IMO:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rl9ySzxqkyc
>>
>>3290257
Damn, that track does sound great, good 90's stuff.
>>
>>3290241

>Getting your opinions from the spastics on /VR/

Just play it faggot
>>
It's OK. As a beat-em-up, it's halfway inventive, but nothing special. The main problem lies in how it can be gimmicky. If you don't use Roadkill to hunt for hidden items everywhere, odds are you won't have the items you need to progress without damage or move forward period. If it had been an optional thing, it wouldn't have been so bad, but the forced use of Roadkill just feels tedious. If I need to scavenge every room anyways, why not just put them in plain sight and skip the sidekick nonsense? The items themselves feel pointless since you need bombs to clear obstacles, and health is the only other item of real value. The grenade only really exists to clear that one enemy in 2-1, it's pretty much a wasted slot the rest of the time. The other two might as well not exist.

The game also seems to lack polish. I've had the game glitch into an unwinnable state about six times, twice on emulator, twice on Gen1 with Everdrive, and twice on Gen2 with the real cart. One time it just froze, once I got stuck inside a wall, once an enemy got stuck in the upper right corner of the screen out of reach, and three times it just didn't spawn the exit arrow(s) for a room after beating all enemies.

After beating it I've had very little desire to play it again. I just wish they had made a sequel that was a bit more polished. Neat idea, decent tunes, liked the graphical design, but the gameplay itself comes up a bit short. If someone made a sequel with the problems fixed, it would be a 10/10 game.
>>
>>3290241
Great game, just really short. The game looked great, gameplay was decent, and I liked all the little puzzles that you could get through with items.

I actually found it rather easy, and I'm quite bad at this sort of game.
>>
>>3290358

The only time I ran into a "glitch" (quotes because it's not really a glitch) was when I was playing with the invincibility cheat turned on and fell into a pit filled with some sort of liquid that drains your health. I was trapped there until my health drained but because I was invincible, that would never happen so I had to start over. I can't beat the game without invincibility and I can't beat it with invincibility. Still a rad game though.
>>
Great, unique art style, gameplay and level design were just OK but the presentation is top notch, must play.
>>
File: ZUKAN_102.png (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ZUKAN_102.png
49KB, 320x240px
The game is absolutely mind-blowing with it's graphics and sound

but yeah, as everyone else hjas stated the level design is noticeably bad in some spots.

I especially hate that one part in the snow level where you're expected to cross a bottomless (instant-kill) gap via holding onto a rope... With some asshole on the other end THROWING shit at you.

So of course once he hits you with something you fall to your death. Immediately. And have to do the level all over again. You don't respawn back to the other end you're just done.
>>
>>3290358
>>3291385

I mostly agree with these. When I had it on Genesis I really liked it, but it's really rough in some places and I only actually beat it that way a couple of times. Ironically I think the game is better played in a modern context with save states than it's original cart form. It makes some of the bullshit sections easier to deal with, but more importantly lets you explore the branching level design in a much more fun way. Some of the rooms and sections feel very puzzle oriented where until you figure out just what to do it's near impossible to make it through without taking damage. Being able to replay panels at your leisure and explore the various paths makes the whole thing even more fun in my opinion.
>>
>>3290257

maybe best fm guitar on the system lol
>>
>>3293763
It really is. Genesis had some seriously awesome music when people used it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1fF3DSErK4
>>
>>3293804

my point was comix zone has nice instrumentation, but very bland compositions

the best fm guitar can't save the music from being boring.
>>
meh

thought it was gimmicky as fuck even as a kid and even more difficult than it is gimmicky

so "meh" is my answer
>>
>>3291385
Grew up with this game and love it, but this is usually where I give up lol
>>
>>3291385
Confirmed for pussy. Either throw the bomb at him or block when you approach.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.