[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the rumors true, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: parrye.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
parrye.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
Are the rumors true, /vr/?
>>
>>3289759
If they are releasing this on steam this is the most pointless port ever since it's already been on fightcade for years.
>>
>>3289761
I'm talking about the input lag on the dreamcast port you nigger.
>>
>>3289764
Oh, never heard about that.
>>
This game is overrated shit anyway.
>>
>>3289768
Street Fighter Alpha 2 is was better than 3rd shit
>>
>>3290053
I know this may sound... weird... but maybe they were both good games?
>>
>>3290075
>but maybe they were both good games

Don't forget, you're talking to a /v/tard, they ignore this concept.
>>
File: oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg (19KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
oDCku2OIub5lDuf7fCdTkg-wide.jpg
19KB, 300x400px
>>3290053
>Alpha 2
>>
>>3289764
That's not all, the sprites are too big, unblockables don't work, ruining urien, genei jin is fucked up, speed is all fucked up etc etc

it's abysmal, worst port by far.
>>
>>3291125
>unblockables don't work, ruining urien, genei jin is fucked up
Wasn't those balance fixes from the latest arcade release Capcom stopped supporting because tournaments used early ones anyway? And yes, the port is laggy and the timming for the parries is a bit off, don't use it for training if you're going to play the game competitively, otherwise you probably wouldn't even notice anything odd.
>>
>>3290053
I prefer alpha 2 and 3 myself, but 3 is great for more competitive minded players.
>>
Do people still play Alpha 2 on fightcade and the like?
>>
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/188150/3rd-strike-lag-speed-tests/p1
>>
File: cb3.gif (323KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cb3.gif
323KB, 200x200px
>>3289768
>>
>>3289759
>Are the rumors true, /vr/?

The rumor that /vr/ is populated by underage kids who weren't even born yet when SF3 came out?
>>
>>3291360
no one liked SF3 when it came out anon.
>>
>>3293094
by "no one" you mean the uneducated press at the time when it comes to 2D games?
>>
>>3293115
Honestly there is some truth to this, there was a knee jerk reaction even in the competative community because the core fundementals of spacing in street fighter go out the window in three. Jumping, dashing, the fireball game, block strings and pokes etc. It wasn't a street fighter game.

It wasn't until people were playing it for around a year that they found it had it's own virtues and the community expanded. Everyone save a small cult of of second impact players considered the III series to not be worthy of competitive play.

At the time most fighting games were not considered worthy of high level play though. Alpha 2 was in america but not japan for example. If it weren't for massive shilling no one would be taking street fighter V seriously, and they wouldn't have stopped complaining about all the flaws in IV that held it back.
>>
Isn't this the fucked up port where mashing his way to a win at a tournament is DSP's claim to being a "former professional fighting game player?"
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.