[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best mod/hack ever of a retro game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: superzero.jpg (631KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
superzero.jpg
631KB, 2000x1333px
Is this the best mod/hack ever of a retro game?
>>
File: you know what.jpg (62KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
you know what.jpg
62KB, 250x312px
>PAL
>>
>>3287334
What is it?
>>
>>3287502
Huh, that is weird, did they actually modify it or 50hz? that seems like a lot of work for a romhack repo, especially considering that most people buying it this way would be enthusiasts who could probably just play the ntsc version
>>
>>3287334
Anyone who buys repros or romhacks needs to be shot in the face.
>>
>>3287334
no thats majoras mask
>>
>>3287512
Why? In the future that's all it'll be. We'll have 3D printing to the point that the boxes and carts will be indistinguishable.
>>
>>3287528
>>
>>3287512
If you live another 50 years, you're going to find out real fast these cartridges don't last. The stickers will start peeling off, the games themselves will stop working, the consoles will begin to fail and need total replacement boards.

Pretty soon our "retro" stuff will fall apart, especially the CD based consoles. The early lasers are going to fail first.
>>
>>3287506
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/742/
http://www.metroid-database.com/reviews/mszm.php
>>
>>3287534
My saturn still works, that cd drive is indestructible.
>>
>>3287534
My model 1 Sega CD still works as well as it did in '92. The first thing that will fail on that is the CD tray.
>>
>>3287334

why are Super Metroid rom hacks so fucking awful? even the so-called good ones like Super Zero Mission are garbage
>>
>>3287542
>My saturn still works, that cd drive is indestructible.

My Saturn can read a disc that is cracked in half.
>>
One day I will port Castlevania Circle of the Moon to SNES. That will be a glorious day indeed.
>>
>>3287334
>>3287537
>review mention it was designed with savestates in mind
>some parts require cheating
>you may have to backtrack for as long as 10mins to go to the next place

Even just ONE of these alone tells you it's not the best romhack ever.
>>
>>3287537

>That review
>5 paragraphs of wanking the creator before talking about the game
>>
>>3287334
I have this
Love it since Zero Mission is my favorite metroid game
>>
File: 1465676177057.jpg (83KB, 639x631px) Image search: [Google]
1465676177057.jpg
83KB, 639x631px
>>3287334
It's not that good, even with the map its a confusing, directionless, clusterfuck. Z-factor/Hyper Metroid/Project Base are all much better hacks.
>>
File: 19837494.png (16KB, 407x124px) Image search: [Google]
19837494.png
16KB, 407x124px
>>3287334
pic related is literally a pacman hack.
>>
>>3287334
no, Rockman 4 Minus Infinity is
>>
>>3287534
Hol' up nigga.

Theres still working atari carts.
Apply yourself
>>
>>3287834
Yes, sounds like a completely average romhack
>>
I can never get this to work on emulators. After defeating Kraid, the super jump makes Samus get stuck in the wall. Using bsnes and snes9x. Is this a zsnes only romhack?
>>
>>3287334
Stop shilling your shitty mod you shitty nerd.
>>
no because the first 2 generations of pokemon have been disassembled, you can edit the source code however you like to make romhacks now. People have added in some absolutely amazing features.
>>
>>3289007
Any recommendations?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.