[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (55KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 384x224px
this game is too hard and I can barely get past first level. what is an easier game?
>>
>>3283116
Man, mars matrix was my first bullet hell.

I think in terms of bullet hells, Ikaruga is easier.
Is this genre even /vr/?
>>
>>3283121
Yes, they started in the 90s and many of them are on Saturn and Dreamcast.
>>
>>3283116
Espgaluda.
It's still a pain in the ass but much easier than fucking ikaruga or dodonpachi. Not quite retro, tho... 2003 release.
>>
>>3283121
Ikaruga is a godawful "first shoot-em-up" because the color mechanic teaches usage of the color mechanic to survive instead of the evasion that's needed in other STGs.
>>
>>3283116
>what is an easier game?
Freddie Fish
>>
>>3283116
g i t MOTHA FUCKIN' g u d
>>
>>3283116

Mars Matrix is really difficult by shmup standards. The fact that your weapons don't upgrade past a certain level unless you get really good at chaining the stages and the patterns that pretty much demand using the reflector shield effectively make it a hellish game until you've gotten some experience.

I know some of most suggestions aren't /vr/ but you should really start out with some easier clears. Armed Police Batrider normal route, maybe a touhou normal clear or two, deathsmiles low rank or blue wish resurrection+ on heaven difficulty.

Playing a shmup like Mars Matrix is going to be hell and you won't make much progress. Maybe you can get farther by memorizing shit, but going after easier clears and working up in difficulty will give you tools for approaching the situations you find and figuring out how to tackle the problems that a tougher game throws at you.
>>
You really have to use your reflector shield, and you don't have to use all the energy in it when you do use it.
>>
>>3286071
Not OP, but the hardest part for me is knowing when to dodge and when to use the shield. Like I'll get to a part that has a questionable path and use the shield, then rigth after is a pattern with no escape but I have no energy. Still love this game though.
>>
>>3286239
Same here, but that is part of the fun as well. I am not very good at the game, I think the furthest I've gotten is around stage 4 and that isn't with any consistency because damn that stage 3. Experimenting and seeing what enemies do often help seeing if you can bait shots into a certain place and you can do some dodges or just suck them all up and blast them back at everyone.

Fun as hell game though.
>>
>>3285204
>>3286021
I hate to sound like an ingrate but do you have anything with fewer lolis

Even Raiden IV has a case of anime soundtrack-itis
>>
File: 1443458244653.jpg (116KB, 1516x892px) Image search: [Google]
1443458244653.jpg
116KB, 1516x892px
>>3283116
>Mars Matrix
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.