[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you catalogue your collection? What's the best website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1459452306003.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459452306003.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
How do you catalogue your collection? What's the best website or is a good old spreadsheet still the best way to go?
>>
A Letterboxd for games would be nice.
>>
The Collectorz website has a program you buy as well as smartphone apps. Games, movies, books, comics... all that

I have some minor issues with their morals and goals of how they handled certain features and updating. But to be real their program is top tier.

I paid one time for their pc program and have their Android and iOS apps. Even though I only have owned iPads for reviewing iOS apps, I still bought their app and it works great on both.

My only issues are that -

1. once in a while I find a game that is not on their list in name or upc (like 1 out of every 500 games maybe).

2. If I added my own artwork then changed/update pcs the artwork MIGHT not go with the pc swap. I find saving the entirety of the clz folders helps this, but it isn't as easy as just copying the file that contains your list of games, which it should be that easy but isn't.

3. The software has features hidden behind subscription walls, these features are totally useless to me but some might want them. I don't know who would want them but they are useless to even a heavy collector like myself.

To explain the subscription bullcrap. You pay for X amount of updates in monthly batches. So after X amount of months no more updates but your app continues to work at whatever version you are stuck at. Also some features like storing your collection on their servers is a part of that subscription. Lastly their smartphone app used to be one price to fully own it. Later they changed it to require people to pay to add more games in batches (the morals part I mentioned). They essentially, 4 years ago, made something I used and owned not work as well to make more money. To an old legacy user there was no change. But to new people it meant buying the app then buying another in app purchase.

Even with that scummy tactic. Their software is my most recommended app for collectors with over a few hundred games. Works for my 5000+ collection.
>>
File: tomtaki.jpg (66KB, 321x312px) Image search: [Google]
tomtaki.jpg
66KB, 321x312px
I don't. I often find old games I didn't even remember I had and it's like, w00t!
>>
>>3283029
I just throw them in a drawer outta sight
>>
>>3283090
>>3283094
I'm glad you fuckers are here.

>>3283029
>>3283032
>>3283085
Preening ladyboys need to go.

>Buy a notebook and do it by hand.
>Use spreadsheet program
>Code your own

I.E. stop being a dependent, hand-wringing little fruitsicle and make your own desicions and get shit done.
>>
>>3283215
>ladyboys need to go
pls no

Other than that I fully agree.
>>
>>3283029
Gamefaqs is pretty good.
>>
I try not to keep too many things I don't actually play so I just arrange them by system then alphabetically (if im not too lazy)
>>
>>3283029
I just have a google drive spreadsheet that I made and maintain myself.

Make a template, with whatever you want to track on it.

For me its:
>Game Name
>Genre
>Owned
Then it's like, physical, digital, etc.
>Played?
>Beaten?
>Beaten Recently?
I started tracking in 2014
>Priority?
This doesn't get used very much but I tend to mark games I'm more interested in
>Rating out of 10
>Clear Time (HH:MM:SS)
>Date completed

I also have hidden on the sheet
>where I got it
>how much I paid
>condiiton
>>
>>3283029
Images in folders by console name. Carts and disks go into boxes to be hidden away. I have thousands of games and can't be assed to do any more.
>>
>>3283029
I use the backloggery.
>>
>>3283085
I looked at that but having to pay put me off, I don't really wanna put in all the effort of adding my collection while it's free only to find the app crippled once they ask for money. I'm not bothered about keeping my data on their servers, but can I still transfer it between devices easily? Again, I don't wanna spend all that time going through my collection and adding it all, only to have to do it over when I get a new phone or PC.

I have been trying RF Generation, but after adding my Xbox collection consisting of a whopping 9 games I've already stumbled on one it doesn't have. So not a great first impression.

>>3283654
Do they let you list completeness of a game? As in boxes and manuals. I thought it was more for keeping track on which games you've still got to finish.

>>3283215
I'm not sure why such a simple and benign question upsets you, but I apologise for hurting your feelings.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.