[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Game series that are total console slut/port whores? Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Rayman.jpg (16KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman.jpg
16KB, 300x284px
ITT: Game series that are total console slut/port whores?

Not just the same game, like Tetris, being recreated on every personal computer/console, but also games like the ones this legend stars in where consoles gets one version, a portable version with the same name that is more based on the sequel, a sequel that is still being ported even to modern handhelds, a portable version with the name of the sequel that is more based on it - any random combination.
>>
>>3282491
Doom.
>>
>>3282491
Resident Evil is pretty egregious
>>
The classic Sonic games have been ported on pretty much every console after Sega dropped out.

It's better than getting the "where the fuck are the goddamn ports" treatment like Viewtiful Joe.
>>
>>3282723
>Resident Evil 1 almost on Gameboy Color until Konami said "no, this isn't going to be good"
>Resident Evil 2 ACTUALLY on the fucking Tiger Game.com, entire game
What the shit?!
>>
>>3282653
does it really count if the source code is freely available? most of the doom ports out there are fanmade
>>
>>3284002
Well yeah by now, but before that, it had quite a few ports.
Let's count the official ports

>SNES
>32X
>Jaguar
>3DO
>Playstation (twice)
>Nintendo 64 (arguably not a port)
>Saturn
>XBox 360 (don't know if it's on Xbone)
>Playstation 3 (don't know if it's on PS4)
>Gameboy Advance
>Apple computers (as a separate home computer port)
There was also a port on that Windows TV thing or whatever, as well as on the inflight entertainment system on a few airplanes.

Now, for unofficial ports, I can think of a few more exotic ones
>Amiga
>ATM machines
>ZX Spectrum (only a demo)
>Multiple digital cameras
>Nintendo DS
>Playstation Portable
>Android and Apple phones and tablets
>those little handcranked economy computers meant for Africans
>>
>>3284876
Oh fuck, I forgot the most important ports, WinDoom and Doom 95, as Doom was originally just on DOS
>>
>>3283892
Not the entire game, it's only Leon's part and it's shorter too.

Claire was planned, as a different release (geez) but was canned.

There was also a cancelled GBA version.
>>
>>3282491
Played the shit out of most Rayman 2 ports, the PS1 is different enough to be unique, and you got to play that sweet Rayman 2D demo.

The 3DS port is broken to pieces, and I doubt it's just my cartrige.
>>
>>3284895
Isn't the PS1 port just a shittier version of the N64 port? Are you thinking of the PS2 port, Rayman Revolutions? With the bonus overworld areas and minigames, and original beta? I really want it but I'm kinda lazy and don't have a PS2.

I have the 3DS port. It's got a few issues but not terrible.

Advantages:
>Dreamcast Graphics
>Dreamcast Music
>3D Effects
>Dreamcast Map (not really an advantage, just a difference)
>Added cutscene of Rayman saving everyone on the pirate ship before he fights Captain Razorbeard
Basically it's the Dreamcast port really

Disadvantages:
>3D effect is tacked on and has a very basic implementation that can fuck up (sometimes things right in front of the camera have their 3D points "cross", making the object completely fucked up to look at, it's kind of cool in a weird "this hurts my brain" kind of way)
>Music is garbage (I also have Rayman Origins and same problem, seems like they made no effort to compensate for the shitter sound system capabilities of the 3DS, luckily wearing headphones basically fixes this, or make its at least tolerable)
>The room with the 1000th lum is completely fucked up (the spider webs don't made you bounce so you have to use knockback damage from the baby spiders that appear to reach the lum, THEN you have to make sure you helicopter into the whole to the next area, Rayman's meant to slide down a slope but for some reason the 3DS port doesn't recognise it as sloped enough to make him slide - wouldn't be an issue except a pre-programmed room transition cutscene starts when you land near it, so you can't control him and he's not programmed to move, so he just freezes there and you have to restart the game).
>Minor flaw but the fake-out hole at the temple of Stone and Fire is white instead of black, making the breakable rocks VERY noticeable.

Still, I LOVE Rayman 2 so I put up with all of this. Haven't finished Origins but that's due to other reasons.
>>
Dragons Lair for sure, shit was released on multiple dvd players ffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair_(1983_video_game)#Home_versions
>>
>>3284929
There was also one on the NES, perhaps one of the worst games in it's library.
>>
File: street_fighter_ii.png (17KB, 465x237px) Image search: [Google]
street_fighter_ii.png
17KB, 465x237px
>>
>>3288014
But Champion Edition was only ported to TurboGrafx on consoles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.