[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

72-pin Replacement for NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nintendo_nes.jpg (105KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nes.jpg
105KB, 1200x850px
I own an NES that has the flashing screen of death. At first I figured I'd get a NES2 since it doesn't have the same problem but the I looked at the price of them and the price of replacement pins and realized replacing the pins in the NES would be significantly less expensive. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the pins? A guy on YouTube said I should try cleaning first (he also recommended using a Game Genie) but I think the pins are bent to the point where replacement is necessary.
>>
You can bend the pins back.
>>
Take out the connecter and boil it. Seriously it works. https://youtu.be/TnxZIuYb9WU
>>
>>3282019
Not a permanent fix.
>>
>>3282031
Neither is getting a new 72-pin connector. At least by boiling and bending the pins back into place, you're sticking with a decent quality connector that won't damage your games due to having a death grip and low quality plated metal.
>>
>>3282019

Don't be a retard and do this. Use some rubbing alcohol to clean the pins and then bend them back into shape carefully. If you fuck up, just buy a new connector for like 10 bucks.
>>
>>3281912
Just disable the 10NES chip.

Problem solved.
>>
BLW.
Blinking Light Win.
All problems solved forever.
Games work every time. Won't wear out. No more pushing down and bending pins.
Onboard anti-lockout chip that defeats the 10NES chip without having to damage it permanently.

Effectively turns the NES into a side-loader.
Available from ArcadeWorks.
INB4 shill.
I own two of them and they have fixed my NESes perfectly.
>>
>>3282936
This
>>
>>3282936
May as well buy a top loader at that point.
>>
Fuck all of the prior solutions, get a blinking light win.
>>
You should try and clean it first, but if you decide to replace it, here's a helpful how-to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i7fnEqSng0
>>
>>3282936
Do not listen to this shill, there's no need to spend any money on this crap. Just follow this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMCj2VosLc
>>
>>3281912
Buy a Famicom.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.