[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite retro football/soccer game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: Isspro_start.gif (55KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Isspro_start.gif
55KB, 350x263px
What is your favorite retro football/soccer game?
>>
I hate soccer but I have two games under my belt. One FIFA '96 (IIRC that's the name) for the PC and Goal Storm '97 for the PS1. I think Fifa 96 edges it out.
>>
File: 1.jpg (77KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 475x347px
>>
Im not big into soccer. But growing up my best friend was Brazilian. So I got stuck playing it, and some soccer vidya too.

>Super Soccer
It was on SNES. Might have been standard for the time, but I loved it.
>Fifa 64
Around this time I was about high school age. And found some new friends who were Hatian. They would Just talk about Brazil vs Argentina and only pick those 2 teams. Riots broke out on a regular basis. Fun times
>>
Has to be International Superstar Soccer Deluxe, or maybe ISS64, but deluxe has the simplicity and the multiplayer is awesome and can be hilarious. I know FIFA doesn't have a great reputation, but their games were still pretty good. I had tons and tons of fun with World Cup '98. I don't care about soccer anymore though, I'll probably end up watching the Irish games because it's drilled into the culture here.
>>
>>
There was an arcade one I used to play at a Mexican restaurant a lot growing up. Think it was tecmo world cup 94 (or close to 94). Each playable country had a special ability, and it was a lot of fun.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>
File: ISS64NTSC.jpg (51KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
ISS64NTSC.jpg
51KB, 640x468px
This for the more "realistic" games (but still very arcade-like, which I like).

Also Captain Tsubasa II and Kunio-kun soccer.
>>
>>3281246
>I had tons and tons of fun with World Cup '98.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8KbreUwH8
The Classics mode was the best thing.
>>
>>3281182
this is the only correct answer
>>
>>3281246
>ISS64
God that game fucking sucked ass hard compared to the winning 11 games on psx. I owned iss64 it was fucking awful in comparison. Also this is coming from someone that didn't even own psx and would only play those games at his friends houses.

Lots of shit taste itt holy fuck. Of the retro football games winning 11 was easily the best.
>>
>>3281694
SOCCER
Has never been so much fun
>>
>>3283415
>Lots of shit taste itt holy fuck

Well, it IS a soccer/football games thread.

ISSS64 was just another WE game without loading times.
>>
File: FIFA.jpg (115KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
FIFA.jpg
115KB, 639x481px
I like FIFA 98 indoor mode
>>
>>3283442
>ISSS64 was just another WE game without loading times.
Lol no it wasn't you fucking clueless homo. The gameplay was completely different between ISS64 and the PSX games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQNw3vrNp0
>shitty iss64 that nobody wanted to play, no tactics required, just full retardation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a7upLFIwE
>ISS Pro Evo on PSX, the real deal, actually make plays, remained the winning formula all the way to PES 2008, when Fifa '09 finally took over the following year
>>
>>3283554

>actually caring about "tactics" on soccer games.

Go play your shitty spreadsheet simulators if you want tactics, you're making a big deal over what's essentially another Konami soccer game.
The simpler the better, I love arcade soccer games, Super Sidekicks and Virtua Striker are actually fun.

pseudo-simulators like modern WE and FIFA are for tryhard dudebros like you. Fuck off.
>>
>>3283567
lol the gameplay was completely different you cock-smoking faggot queef. stop acting like you have even the slightest idea about what you're talking about. only thing you know about is dicks so go ahead and plug that cock back in your mouth and shut up you pretty fruitcake.
>>
>>3283554

ISSS64 looks more fast-paced and fun, I'd rather play that than Pro Evolution.
>>
>>3283576
youre a dumbass shitter. iss64 was brain dead and utterly boring. i say that as someone that owned the fucking game lol.
>>
File: 1424_front.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1424_front.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
Reprting in.

>>3283575
>>3283554
>>3283415
Please leave.
>>
>>3283583

You type like a dumbass shitter yourself so I don't know if I should take your opinion in any way, even ironically.
>>
>>3283585
>Please leave.
lmao

>>3283589
caught you mouthbreathing
>>
>>3283583
Did it ever occur to you that the reason the rest of your underage faggot friends came to the conclusion Pro Evo was better is because YOU owned the game? You're obviously a mentally unstable individual, no wonder everyone hated you.
>>
>>3281182
this, especially the scenario mode was great
>>
>>3283658
hahahaha
>>
>>3281694
Before the PES PS2 games, this series was the king.
ISS on SNES has the best presentation of any 2D football game, but Sensi trumps it in every other regard.
>>
>>3283554
Can confirm(as a fan of the sport)
64 looks like shit
>>
File: Fever Pitch Soccer.jpg (59KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
Fever Pitch Soccer.jpg
59KB, 640x433px
Anyone play Fever Pitch Soccer on the Mega Drive? Great game. You could attract 'star' players to join your side, who had individual skills - jumping over challenges, diving, OH MY GOD, HE'S ON FIRE shooting...

The gameplay itself was good for the time too, in that you had plenty of individual control over the shooting etc.
>>
File: SWWS98_1.jpg (29KB, 423x308px) Image search: [Google]
SWWS98_1.jpg
29KB, 423x308px
>>3283534
ma nigga

also loved sega worldwide soccer 98 on the saturn
>>
>>3285232

>that epic drum and bass intro

https://youtu.be/sWGNBJ5Z8aQ?list=PL-vD6rIjXrcJWKOYdPhk8LYqOkxjUpkOU

>>3281182

this game was, and still is, fucking great
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.