[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestle Angels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: f5cbc763.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
f5cbc763.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
Any fans of the Wrestle Angels series around? I've got a hankering to give the series a try, but the only one I've played is Bishoujo Wrestler Retsuden Blizzard Yuki for the SFC, which is more a spinoff. I dig the management aspects of it, but I'm more in the mood for story/drama, which I understand some of the other games in the series had a deeper focus on before it started moving towards being a more straight-up simulation game.

I'm thinking of picking up Double Impact for the PCE-CD, if only because I love the general aesthetic of PCE-CD games. Will I be missing out on much by not starting out with one of the earlier games? Also, if the V series are sort-of remakes of the first few games, would I have any problems skipping the originals in favor of V1-3?
>>
I've only played the SFC game and wasn't in the mood for simulation at the time.

Will check the other games since the idea interests me.
>>
>>3280679
These are surprisingly fun for turn-based anime-style pseudo-"card battle" wrestling games.
>>
File: logic patterns.jpg (125KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
logic patterns.jpg
125KB, 1024x896px
Logic patterns screen translated for Blizzard Yuki.
>>
File: schedule.jpg (492KB, 1024x3041px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
492KB, 1024x3041px
>>3281646
Schedule screen translated for the same game.
>>
These games are fucking awesome.
>>
File: Dokidoki Card League.png (52KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dokidoki Card League.png
52KB, 640x400px
I heard it's some kind of successor to Doki Doki Card League.
>>
File: ddpl.jpg (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ddpl.jpg
170KB, 640x480px
>>3283089
I love Doki Doki but I still haven't really figured out how the card system actually works. I could say pretty much the same thing for Wrestle Angels too; I think part of why I like Blizzard Yuki is because the system used in matches is more intuitive (and also there's that sweet sweet George Kamitani animation).

Natch, I also love the PSX successors to Doki Doki Card League which have a more hands-on approach to matches.
>>
>>3283112
The fielding team picks a card for the pitch and the batting team picks one in response with the extra option to bunt or steal base instead of taking the pitch head on.
The difference in cards and points as well as the player's skills determines the outcome.The pitcher loses hp depending on the strength of the pitch.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.