[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rumble Pak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 245x205px
I've had an N64 for 16 years and I've just recently picked up a rumble pak for the first time. What are some games where the rumble pak help with the immersion? I've only tried it with indiana jones and the infernal machine, the effects were slight but it did add to the experience.
>>
Ocarina of Time.
Rumbles near hidden grottoes.
>>
>>3278169
Well, it originally came with Starfox 64 and everytime you were hit, it would rumble. That was pretty neat.
Apart from that it works like vibration in every other (newer) game.
>>
>>3278171
Nice. Was just about to pop that one in.
>>
>>3278169
I wasn't the only one that put the rumble pak on my crotch when I was a kid, right?
>>
>>3278173
Does it work as well on games like rogue squadron? I'm thoroughly going through my collection and testing it on each one, and I'll also be picking up some more n64 titles tomorrow.
>>
Waverace 64 had a re-release in japan with rumble pack support. Might want to try to find it.
>>
>>3278169
>What are some games where the rumble pak help with the immersion?
There are none. Rumble is hands down the worst gamepad innovation in the past 30 years. Why in the fuck would anyone want their controller to shake while they're trying to play a video game?
>>
>>3278169
goldeneye feels awesome with it.
>>
>>3278293
It's nothing super amazing but its the only way for us in this world to get any sort of "feedback" from the virtual world in the game. Mostly depends on the implementation, some devs are lazy with it.
>>
>>3278180
You'll need to get the Stone of Agony first.

Also, Starfox. I mean, it was bundled with the damn thing.
>>
>>3278293
>Why in the fuck would anyone want their controller to shake while they're trying to play a video game?
I never found it particularly jarring. The N64's version was a bit primitive, but newer rumble mechanisms are much more precise. The slight bump that modern controllers can give you is great, not so much for immersion, but rather haptic feedback.

Not retro, but I was really impressed with just how gentle the Gamecube rumble was. You can tiptoe around in Smash Bros, and you get just the slightest tap from within the controller. You wouldn't even notice it if you weren't feeling for it.
>>
>>3278357
I was never a huge fan of starfox 64. I appreciate the game, but don't particularly like it.
>>
>>3278891
I wish they had more underwater levels.
Only having one kind of made a new vehicle seem pointless.
>>
>>3278467
Believe it or not, my favorite use of vibration in any game is Forza 6 on Xbone. The controller has vibrating triggers, and they'll vibrate depending on how the wheels on your car are behaving. If you slam the brakes, the left trigger vibrates to signal wheel lock, and if you slam the gas, the right one vibrates to signal wheel spin. It's a subtle but actually pretty useful addition.
>>
>>3278181
I hit puberty around the time the xbox came out, jump in a warthog gunner and just let that thing run, my fucking god that rumble was intense.
>>
>>3280480
Probably my main complaint as well. Just not enough variety in general. But like I said, I still appreciate the game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.