[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre infinty CRPG'S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Cotab.jpg (83KB, 498x657px) Image search: [Google]
Cotab.jpg
83KB, 498x657px
Why don't we talk about some pre baldurs gate CRPG'S
Just finished up Curse of the azure bonds, forgot about how awesome the combat system is. Why did games stop using it?
>>
I see all these TSR game colletions on GOG. Out of all of them I'd only ever played the 1st Eye of the Beholder.

Awfully tempting.
>>
Darklands is king.
>>
>>3277148
If you like tactical AD&D combat, you'll love the gold box games. Mind you, besides some basic fantasy story and dungeoncrawling thats mostly it
>>
>>3277108
>Why did games stop using it
Real time combat replaced it, which was a terrible idea in my opinion.

Anyway, I feel like revisiting my Golden Box collection now. What's your favourite Golden Box, /vr/?
>>
File: poolofradiance.png (215KB, 250x389px) Image search: [Google]
poolofradiance.png
215KB, 250x389px
I LOVED the gold box games, on the Commodore 64 so I never got to play Pools of Darkness.

I think Pool Of Radiance may be my favorite but they're all good.

Is Curse of the Azure Bonds the one where you can fight the Beholder Corps?

It's a shame they never revisited that area of the map. It went to Neverwinter and the coast but Cormyr and that entire region could have had fantastic games.
>>
These games look cool, in theory, but I found the interface a bit confusing. Also wish they had used a 2D grid and smaller sprites, so you can see more of the battlefield without scrolling.
Still would play these in preference to all newer realtime games.
There's also FRUA for making your own adventures.
>>
>>3277108
>Just finished up Curse of the azure bonds, forgot about how awesome the combat system is. Why did games stop using it?
Gold Box had a ridiculously long run and it honestly got kind of old at the end of its life.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Anyone remember the 5 CD game pack with SSI Stronghold, Unlimited Adventures, Fantasy Empires and some other dungeon crawler?

Changed my life.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.