[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hangtabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: s-l225.jpg (9KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
9KB, 225x169px
Stupid fucking autist shit or historical artifact which should be preserved?

I have about 60ish genesis games, about half are cart only and half have the case and maybe manual. People get uptight about snipping hang tabs, this is something I used to do, then I quit because for an instance I thought it was against the games "purity"

People claiming "If I am paying for an expensive or rare genesis game I make SURE it has it's hangtab."

I mean what the fuck? I just goddamn KNOW that someone here has shelled out extra money to find a certain game WITH the hangtab.

I say fuck hang tabs. If it fucking matters then when these games are reaching their peak in value you could just buy some genesis cases in bulk with the hang tab and swap the art out. I mean, just think of how many fucking NFL/NBA/NHL 93's are out there with their hangtab in perfect condition.

Fuck these things, they make my shelf display look un-consistent (yes I have revealed my own autism) I'm clipping them all tonight.

share your hatred for hangtabs
>>
>>3276714
I prefer them circumcised, mostly because I store them horizontally on my limited shelf space and the tabs would damage my books
>>
>>3276714
I just threw away the boxes to 6 pak and starfox. Fuck it
>>
>>3276714
>just think of how many fucking NFL/NBA/NHL 93's are out there with their hangtab in perfect condition

Be careful with that. I bought a lot of sports games to replace some busted up cases (I don't really care about the hangtab) and I had completely forgot that EA carts were shaped differently. I could have kicked myself.
>>
>>3276714
They're bullshit but then again I think keeping cardboard boxes is bullshit too

At least clamshells are functional
>>
did japanese games come with tabs?
>>
Are we seriously having a thread about this?

Whatever.
>>
HANGTABS. WHAT DO I DO ABOUT HANGTABS?
>>
>>3276714
>I say fuck hang tabs.

And I say fuck CD cases, just put the disc in a spindle, you can find the manuals online now anyway.
>>
>>3276714
Are you jewish op? foreskins are natural.
>>
>>3277585
This is only acceptable if you invest in disc-edge labels
>>
File: hook-hang-tab_0.jpg (21KB, 480x342px)
hook-hang-tab_0.jpg
21KB, 480x342px
>>3276714
I keep them because they're only mildly annoying. But it feels weird buying a case without one because it doesn't match the rest.

But I'd imagine it would only truly bother someone who's game room is a recreation of a store.
>>
>>3277470
No, JP Mega Drive games don't have any tabs.
>>
Yo, hold up, buying games from a store?
That's so last century.
>>
>>3277710
then why wouldn't you just cut them all off? then they would all be uniform
>>
>>3278052
yes we must have one chosen race.
>>
File: givingafuck.jpg (329KB, 917x733px)
givingafuck.jpg
329KB, 917x733px
>>3276714
I've had Sega games around the house for decades and I have never even noticed these tabs. I had to go and check my Mega Drive cases to see if the tabs even existed. They do (on some), but I never acknowledged their existence. That is how much of a fuck I give about some stupid tabs.
>>
>>3276714
>not making your lad cave look like an authentic toys r us by hanging your genesis games by hang tags as the developers originally intended.
Plebs like you make me sick.

>>3277470
Confirming no.

>>3277585
>>3277673
I bought a soft case full of PCE CDs once. No CD cases but said fuck it because there were a lot of good games and the price was insane. After I got home and started going through it I found there was a pouch in the back with all the manuals, covers, even spine labels.
>>
I would think that the games need to be in their original complete condition. The hangtabs are normally torn off and leave jagged spots and make the tops of the boxes look shitty.

From an aesthetic point, which is important when you have a lot of these on the shelf, the tabs should remain.
>>
>>3279568
>From an aesthetic point
>the tabs should remain

wat

the tabs are only there to hang next to batteries, chapstick and condoms. on a shelf it offers no function whatsoever other than to be un-aesthetically pleasing.
>>
File: 922358.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px)
922358.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
To me, hangtabs are kind of like the worthless single-sheet advertising inlays.

They are technically needed for it to be completely complete, but who the fuck even wants that shit?
>>
>>3279601
He meant to say from an autistic point. It all makes sense now dunit?
>>
>>3276714
I pull off all mine when I get a new game, otherwise they don't fit on the shelf.
>>
>>3276714
I don't mind them, and I don't look for them when personally buying a Sega game. If it has one, cool if it doesn't sure why not.
Having said that, should a game without one be less than one with one? Yes because I can buy it for cheaper and everybody wins.
>>
>he doesn't have a SEGA Wall, hanging games from pegs to exhibit his collection
What a shame. Most Mega Drive boxart is truly art.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.