[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: png-glitch-paeth-detail.png (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
png-glitch-paeth-detail.png
9KB, 256x256px
ITT we discuss cool bugs.

Dear Janny,

Why do you delete these threads? They are 100% on topic. They are interesting. It's rarely discussed which adds nice variety to the board. Please post in this thread before deleting it AGAIN to explain your rational. Or better yet, post some bugs!!
>>
>>3276395
>They are interesting
>nice
>explain your rational

because he hates you and your kind you fucking idiot holy shit this isn't a good place like what the fuck is wrong with you that you feel entitled to fair treatment or safety or belonging? all your rights are fucking imaginary nonsense

fucking worse than sjw I swear
>>
>>3276403
wut?

>>3276395
Stuff like missingno?
>>
>They are 100% on topic.
How about you post images of retro bugs on this retro video game image board?
>>
File: cornerbug5.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cornerbug5.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>3276457
The corner bug in Tomb Raider was immensely satisfying to discover.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQq6_xa8-U
PI
KA
CHUUUU
>>
>>3276465
anyone else find low poly lara way more fuckable than her modern redesign?
>>
>>3276487
>anyone else find low poly lara way more fuckable than her modern redesign?
Hell yeah bro.

The overflow bug in FFVII is another useful goodie.
>>
File: a fuckin bug.png (34KB, 199x192px)
a fuckin bug.png
34KB, 199x192px
>>3276395
Here's a pretty cool bug right here.
>>
>>3276482
Sounds like a track off of some harsh noise album.
>>
File: tetris-attack-04.png (248KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tetris-attack-04.png
248KB, 640x480px
>>3276449
Yeah. I started the other thread with the title "Bugs that make games better", or some such shit. A favorite quote of mine is:

"Last version was better. More bugs. Bugs make game fun." — Floyd

=========================

My contribution pertained to Tetris Attack.

Tetris Attack has a scoring bug that prevents chains greater than x13 from scoring. This may seem really annoying because skillful players can easily get more than x13. It feels like one is being cheated out of points, but it actually makes Endless much much better.

By itself, the bug would suck. However, in combination with a little known scoring mechanic known as a "bonus", great depth is added to the game. Bonuses are awarded when a player matches additional tiles elsewhere during a chain, with the total amount awarded being equal to the current value of the chain. By itself, a bonus is worthless because it is always better to continue on to the next chain. However, due to there being a cap on how big a chain you can usefully make, to maximize points one needs to rush to match bonuses once you get to x13. Bonuses make the difference between scoring ~9000pts for a x13, and scoring ~20000pts for a x13 with shit tons of bonuses at the end.

This adds a whole new dimension to the game's strategy that otherwise wouldn't be there, and is more of a feature than a bug.

==============================

Some other anon posted the straffing bug in Powerslave. Looks like he made his own thread after this one got canned.
>>
>>3277384
i remember this. don't give up anon I want to contribute when I get home
>>
>>3276465
i dont get it, whats satisfying about this?

>>3276487
TR 1,2,3, i enjoyed myself furiously to lara in 2 and 3, specially on her diving suit
>>
>>3279693
>i dont get it, whats satisfying about this?
The corner bug? Doing stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRUQN1vOdEE

and getting to really anywhere you wanted to go in a level, not to mention speed running or skipping boring parts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.