[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get good at sidescrolling beat-'em-uos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

How do I get good at sidescrolling beat-'em-uos?
>>
play a lot, learn the controls
>>
It's about area control. Getting the enemies to go where you want them to go and timing your attacks to when the enemy's vulnerable.

Kinda' turns me off.
>>
>>3275070
Do you mean belt-scrollers, perchance?
>>
>>3275070
do u mean punch scrollers
'
>>
Can you guys suggest some other beat-'em-ups that are very like the one in OP?
>>
>>3275070
You just call them belt scrollers and then all the underage will respect you as being their fedora tipping equal and as being as good as them. You'll still be shit but you'll be part of an exclusive club where everyone is shit which means everyone is equally good.
>>
>>3275273
Dude I just want to be good at the game. I get hit too frequently or can't to enough damage to beat the boss.
>>
>>3275204
No, but I can recommend some great belt scrollers.
>>
>>3275282
Keep in mind the hitbox of your attacks and try to always approach from an angle.
>>
belt scroller
>>
>>3275070
Figure out how to do control best in whatever specific game you're playing. Then practice that. If the game has combos then experiment with those and practice the ones you figure out.
>>
The new 'belt-scroller' is calling levels in games 'boards'
>>
>>3275282
Same strategy as a shump. Don't get hit. I'm not even joking. So many faggots feel they need to rush through a level or grab every power up, etc that they overlook this one simple tactic. Don't. Get. Hit.
>>
Never stop tapping a if you're punching. Do a lot of jump kicks too
>>
Start playing a good one.
>>
>>3275948
such as?
>>
the proper term is BTGs
>>
>>3275070

Don't get surrounded.
>>
Why the fuck are people trying to call these "belt-scroller"?

Why don't we just call them "suspender-scrollers"? That makes just as much since.
>>
>>3275204
B&DD is actually one of my favorites. I feel like the enemies never just pull a bullshit interrupt on you and you're given tools to deal with being surrounded without slowing the game down to pick at targets. The hard parts of the game are all universally environmental dangers and a couple of bosses.
>>
>>3276627
The elitist side of /vr/ is rearing it's ugly head in trying to adopt a term used in Japan to become further exclusive from others who visit this board. Except they're going about it in a completely retarded manner.
>>
Don't full combo. Just one punch repeatedly.
>>
Protip for /vr users:

General beat-em-up threads are no longer actually beat-em-up threads. They are instead lone posts meant to promote the user's preferred term for the genre. That is all.
>>
>>3276627
I have never heard of a conveyer suspender in my life.
>>
>>3275070
Literally just memorize every level. This is especially important for the battletoads beat-em-ups like Super Battletoads.
>>
>>3276703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rYvO1I9kk
>>
>>3276627
Because they're faggots. Why else?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.