[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Retroachievements?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: retroachievements.jpg (28KB, 624x270px) Image search: [Google]
retroachievements.jpg
28KB, 624x270px
What do you think of Retroachievements?
>>
What am i supposed to think
>>
>>3273174

gay

same as modern achievements
>>
>>3273174
Retarded. Masturbatory social behavior to justify OCD like playing habits.
>>
File: 144158176449.png (322KB, 880x594px) Image search: [Google]
144158176449.png
322KB, 880x594px
>>3273203
>Masturbatory social behavior
>>
File: 1461860461195.jpg (218KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461860461195.jpg
218KB, 1000x1000px
I don't care. Stop doing this really silly shit that no one but underaged kids care about please. Next are you going to mention Amibos?
>>
>>3273174
Well it got me to stop using Savestates. If you are playing emulated games and have a bad habit of abusing savestates, that is perhaps the easiest way to learn not to use that function.

You get double the points for playing it on Hardcore (No Savestate functions are active). So instead of 400, you get 800 max.

I am sure many people added their own challenges even before achievements in gaming were a thing to see if they could pull shit off that they normally couldn't.

Hell, I bet some of you tried to defeat the Creator from FFL Legitimately after you learned of the cheap way via the Saw or trying to get the 4th level weapon in Zero Wing, or even trying to get the Infinite Weapons from Beyond Oasis
>>
>>3273174
Interesting technically. I wouldn't go out of my way to set it up myself.

Achievements are fine though. They're easy to ignore and the thought-out ones can be fun.
But the people who never leave their retro bubble are going to throw a fit anyway.
>>
>>3273226
i don't understand that "Hardcore" system

what's even the point of all this if you are allowed to use save states?

i just activated that mode and never turned it off

> I am sure many people added their own challenges even before achievements in gaming were a thing to see if they could pull shit off that they normally couldn't.
it helps that a lot of games were clearly designed to have such feats possible

Like beating Yellow Devil with no-damage/regular cannon only -- these types of challenges were deliberately made possible because it was part of game design

Too bad NES emulator they chose is pretty terrible
>>
>>3273174
ads suck, go away
>>
>>3273204
Come to think of it all social activity is masturbatory.
>>
>>3273174
Don't want to install some outdated or badly chosen modified emulator. Now if they rather managed to make achievements possible through some homebrew game-genie like system that could be used with any emulator for a given system and could work with any rom, I could give it a try.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.