[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nostalgia-goggles thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: NostalgiaGoggles.png (141KB, 459x453px) Image search: [Google]
NostalgiaGoggles.png
141KB, 459x453px
What /vr/ game gives you the most personally sentimental feeling of nostalgia?
>>
Tekken 2 because it was my first video game. People always argue that Tekken 3 is way better but Ill always like Tekken 2 more.
>>
Mortal Kombat.. was a big thing that bonded kids together back in the day

Little Nemo - the first game I ever played where I got really immersed with the story and it seemed so imaginative
>>
File: 522345235.jpg (20KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
522345235.jpg
20KB, 400x299px
>stand still on overworld
da da DA DAA DAAAAAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UARM4q7hHU
>>
Games don't age
>>
>>3271646
OP was just using the term incorrectly.
>>
>>3271450
That's a tough one. Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario RPG, and Yoshi's Island were among the first games I played, and I still love them to this day. So probably one of them.

I'll go with Yoshi's Island because it's the comfiest of the 3.

Other than Kamek's Revenge, which is the opposite of comfy.
>>
>>3271646

But they do.
>>
Overwatch
>>
File: aldo.png (5KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
aldo.png
5KB, 640x350px
>>3271450

ALDO'S ADVENTURE, MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
File: spyro.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>3271450
dem colours
>>
>>3271953
GET OUT UNDERAGE REEEEEE
>>
>>3271978
this shit right here
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
I am kind of autistic about this sort of thing, there are games I won't look at because them feels are just too feely.

Especially games you didn't finish, your imagination of what the rest of the game was like gives extra feels

remember when you played a game you'd think "what is over these walls? over there in those mountains, and you'd hop on the level borders trying to get over, you didn't know there was nothing over there
>>
Earthbound, lost Vikings 2. Both for similar reasons - ID play a fuck ton of both with a friend
>>
I don't. My childhood was a shit-show, and videogames were my only escape. Nothing nostalgic about that, and certainly nothing I want to remember. I play games that I find fun.
>>
>>3272491
Basically this
I honestly had the time of my life during 2010-2012
Better than my childhood or any other years to be honest
>>
any really good game i played as a kid but never owned. My first game was DKC but see and play it so much so i only ever feel nostalgia at certain parts. Kirby Super Star and Yoshi's Island are something else though.
>>
>>3271450

Most of the great N64 games get me in some way

Number 1 would have to be reaching Hyrule Field for the first time and the music strikes up
>>
Seeing Sonic 1 and the Sega Genesis for the first time will always be a special memory
>>
Kirby's adventure for me, very fond memories of it.
>>
>>3271450
I really don't know, probably some obscure genesis or gameboy game I forgot I had or played.

I got that feeling recently with motorcross maniacs and Garfield caught in the act.
>>
>>3275792
I "started" this game recently, and ... I don't get it
>>
>>3271450
Either the Legend of Zelda on Nes or Super Mario World. Grew up spending so much time in those worlds.
>>
>>3275806
The appeal isn't in its level design really, but more-so with the power ups. There are a lot of really cool abilities when you eat the enemies
>>
>>3275816
but ... why? I mean, I'm on the 3rd world/thing now, the butter something, but I just don't get what the game is trying to do. It's like I'm looking at a small pile of trinkets. It's not bad, at all, but it does not seem to do anything
>>
>>3275818
What the hell are you even trying to say?
>>
>>3275820
That the game makes no sense to me
>>
>>3271479
Mortal Kombat was real bonding for me and my bro! Also Chrono Trigger. Got me in to RPGs, my fave genre to this day.
>>
>>3275823
It's just a simple and fun platformer. If you're not liking it don't force yourself through it. The way you're phrasing just sounds kinda weird, as if you're looking forvsome deep meaning in a kirby game.
>>
>>3275823
The games main appeal is the amount of different forms for an nes game, the artstlye, and the low difficulty for an nes game. The level design and gameplay is shallow in part because of how overpowered you are. The franchise itself is very bland now, but for the time adventure was an interesting platformer.
>>
>>3275837
I have and love Tilt'n'Tumble, and people seem to love Adventure. I'm just kind of trying to figure out the origin of that pink ball
>>
>>3275841
>origin of that pink ball
Kirby's dreamland on the game boy, kirby's adventure was the second kirby game.
>>
Majoras mask
>>
>>3275842
thanks, I'll keep that in mind
>>
File: MadMix_1.png (4KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
MadMix_1.png
4KB, 640x400px
>>3271450
>>
>>3271618
I wish I had nostalgia for this game. All my friends loved the fuck out of it, but I didn't have a PS1 back then, so I never played it. Now that I'm finally giving it a try, it just isn't very compelling.
>>
>>3271960
Oh shit, thanks for reminding me of this game
>>
File: earthmap.gif (335KB, 1280x798px) Image search: [Google]
earthmap.gif
335KB, 1280x798px
I don't care that later Civ's might be better in every way. The first one is my jam, and I will never tire of it. (or of the first Master of Orion)
>>
File: f.jpg (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
725KB, 1920x1080px
This game is always fun to me
>>
>>3276594
>Civ's might be better in every way
they aren't. Civ 1 has a certain focus and "simplicity" to it that no other Civ captures. Very much worth a play still
>>
File: 962781-rsc1.png (53KB, 512x354px) Image search: [Google]
962781-rsc1.png
53KB, 512x354px
Wish people still played it. They brought the servers back, but barely anyone is online.
>>
>>3271450
Any of the Sonic games on the Genesis.
Specially this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-78CMKME4o

Instant nostalgia trigger.
>>
Most MS-Dos games for me, specially 3D ones like Indy 500 or Stunts
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1440x1080px
>>3271450
Taito's Zookeeper.

In the small town I grew up in, there were 3 arcade games at the laundromat, about 6 blocks from my house. Or I could go across the street to the auto body shop that had this glorious game in the waiting area. I used to play it every day after school.

I'm planning a drip to Galloping Ghost in Chicago in 2 weeks. Playing this again on a proper cabinet is one of the things I'm most excited about.
>>
caesar 3
the neverhood
big red racing
cinemania
3d movie maker.

so pretty much the demo disc which came with a windows 95.
ive just been daydreaming about me playing them games.

the nes and genesis in my attic have the most memories for me. especially
jurassic park (nes & sega)
castle illusion (nes)
smb 1-3
sonic 2

i wish i could see myself playing them games, bet i was absolutely engrossed.
>>
>>3277298
Because it's shit.
This is coming from someone who played this garbage from pretty much day-1 till 2008.
>>
Prince of Persia DOS, as far as I'm concerned it's a total masterpiece and people who complain about the controls are retarded.
It was one of my first games, from a floppy my dad pulled out somewhere. Great feels.
>>
>>3278463
It was fun as a browser based mmo. I always thought it was cool, talking to people and killing shit. This is a nostalgia thread, so yeah.... The game is shit, I just remember it being good.
>>
File: 90868-Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)-3.jpg (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
90868-Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)-3.jpg
108KB, 960x720px
I know it's average but it holds a special place in my heart.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.