[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So close, yet so far.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: _-Black-White-Dreamcast-_.jpg (18KB, 227x240px) Image search: [Google]
_-Black-White-Dreamcast-_.jpg
18KB, 227x240px
>Creatures would were made portable via the VMU
>Creatures would be able to battle each other online
>they had an interface "working quite well" with the controller
>>
>>3268998
Sadly the game itself was shallow and its gimmick, though heavily fleshed out, didn't amount to much.

It would be good on the 3DS or the Wii though
>>
I remember watching a trailer of the game. was so dissapointed to see it got canceled for the dc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1egi11A5-A
>>
File: BlackandwhitePS11.jpg (21KB, 318x212px) Image search: [Google]
BlackandwhitePS11.jpg
21KB, 318x212px
As it wasn't released for Dreamcast and Playstation, it's an "almost retro" game. Both versions were over 80% completed before being cancelled.

Lionhead also did unreleased ports for Nintendo DS and Playstation 2 (Black & White Titan, where you would control your creature) and announced a Game Boy Color port.
>>
File: bw_2.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bw_2.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>
The absolutely non-retro DS version. I'm posting just for the sake of curiosity, so, please, don't ban me.
>>
File: 1455608626416.jpg (37KB, 321x447px) Image search: [Google]
1455608626416.jpg
37KB, 321x447px
>>3268998
not an argument
>>
>3269143
Huh. Never knew that was a thing, neat.
>>
>>3269147
How's this relevant
>>
>>3269212
he's the guy who made the game
>>
>>3269143
kek
>>
File: BlackandwhitePS12.jpg (28KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
BlackandwhitePS12.jpg
28KB, 320x256px
Wrong Molyneux.
>>
How can we get ahold of the prototype?

Fable was originally for the Dreamcast, too.
>>
>Tfw you realize 2 is better even though it's just a poor man's building game
I looked forward to the first as well, why did I keep on believing Molyneux's lies?
>>
>>3271717
>why did I keep on believing Molyneux's lies?

Because we all hoped that he could return to his Populous and Dungeon Keeper glory. Same reason people looked forward to Godus Wars, despite B&W, B&W2, Fable, The Movies, Fable 2, Fable 3, What's Inside the Cube and Godus. Everyone thought "Well, maybe THIS time he's got his head out of his ass!"

We're at the point now where it seems like a complete fluke that Populous was as good as it is, and even Dungeon Keeper, while great, is basically unfinished.
>>
>>3271770
B&W and Fable are great games
>>
File: black-and-white.gif (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
black-and-white.gif
68KB, 500x375px
>>3269031
I more or less agree. Black and White had a lot going for it, but fell flat ultimately when it got to the actual "game" and the quests mostly sucked as well as heavily favoring being good. Still what was there was as a sandbox was a ton of fun and led to some interesting interactions.

I had my creature so he would walk into a village shooting lighting and burning everything then put out the last fires with rain. Anyone that didn't die was awestruck they started following me. Or taught it to shit in enemy food supplies, poisoning the whole village. Then all I had to do was sent one settler and it was mine.

Also I set up my whole civilization on worship and child sacrifice. None of my followers were farmers or fishers or woodsmen. Everyone's job was to worship me and fuck like rabbits. Child sacrifice gets you huge god power so then I would take a portion of the children to convert into power and give them food that way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.