[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Tails always dying a result of underdeveloped AI or done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 07.png (27KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
27KB, 640x448px
Was Tails always dying a result of underdeveloped AI or done on purpose to show that Tails as a character wasn't as "good" as Sonic?
>>
What makes you think we need 8 fucking Sonic threads on this board is what I want to know.
>>
>>3268585
Poor AI.
>>
did anyone ever play as tails and let sonic be AI?
how does he do compared, since he doesnt fly
>>
>>3268768
but he flies, he spents all the time out of the screen
>>
>>3268768
You can't. You can control Tails but Sonic is not controlled by the AI
>>
>>3268786
Oh You're right.

That seems kind of lazy
>>
>>3268786
Do you think Sonic Classic Heroes has different AI?
>>
>>3268585
AI was underdeveloped on purpose because the whole reason Tails exists is to allow for co-op play. No reason to develop the AI further when solo players could just use him as a crutch. Just play Sonic solo.
>>
>>3269180
>Jump towards boss
>Tails doesn't jump as high
>Hits boss
>I fall through boss while it's temporarily invincible
>Get hurt/killed by boss once invulnerability wears off

Apart from the one time I used tails to fly to a special stage ring, in my experience all tails managed to do was get me killed when fighting bosses.
>>
Tails is just a re-skinned Sonic in S2, they probably didn't put much thought into AI or anything beyond the idea that a buddy could pick up the controller and play along.
>>
>>3269578
>Tails is just a re-skinned Sonic in S2

Except tails flys in that game..and sonic doesn't.
>>
>>3269591
Only when coming back after dying. He can only fly for real in sonic 3
>>
>>3269592
Oh yeah you're right.
could have sworn he could glide when jumping, just tested and nope.
>>
>>3269591
>>3269619

I used to play Sonic 2 with friends when I was really young and could've sworn he could fly, so I know how you feel. At least there's like 200 romhacks for Sonic 2 so there's probably one that gives Tails his abilities from Sonic 3 out there.
>>
>>3269876
Can't he fly if you use the Sonic & Knuckles cart?
>>
>>3269919
If you use the knuckles cart you can only play as Knuckles. I don't think Tails even has data on the knuckles cart.
>>
>>3269184
>he doesn't use the "hitting him with Tails trick" for the Metropolis Zone boss
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 591x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 591x480px
What's the tier list for Sonic 2

including Knuckles
>>
>>3268585
Ulillillia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC0DR4GIam0
>>
>>3268846

Why would Sonic follow a loser?
>>
>>3269941
It's only missing the art assets, the character itself is playable, I recon you can kinda see him in HPZ because he has unique animations or something.
>>
>>3270789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyHyjQWhVhQ&list=PLMriTyOXFZ0aZAuLbSSq-APf9FEHYBvOP
>his latest video is an informative documentary on how to order a 30inch pizza
>nothing but cheese
>this man is a published author who squeezes the oil out of his hamburgers with a stack of napkins
join me on this wild adventure friends
>>
>>3270819
tails > sonic
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.