[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to find decent priced games in U.S

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: sad pepe.png (7KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.png
7KB, 230x219px
so ive wanted to start retro collecting but everything expensive as shit online,Ebay is shit,Craigslist is shit, nobody sells retro games in my shitty country and or even has them.I am spending a month in the united states soon and ive wanted to try to see where to go and find games. At this point i feel hopeless, is their any place online or any store /vr/ recommends?
>>
No.

The best time to scoop up old games is 1-2 generations behind, just as gamestop and normies are trying to push things out the door.

You missed the window for anything /vr/. Scoop up as many 6th gen games as you can before shit like Melee starts blowing up like Earthbound.

Just buy flashcarts, kiddo. The prices you see online ARE the market prices, just check "sold" listings. Most of the shops still carrying old shit just mark up to maybe a dollar below ebay price anyways.

Dumb frog poster
>>
>>3267697
I agree, now's the best time to buy PS3/360 and Wii games.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people are just holding onto them, or they're retaining their value more for the most part.

I was looking for asura's wrath because a friend wanted to play it and the only NTSC-UC version was like 45 CAD.

So yeah, unfortunately you're 20 years too late friends.
>>
I don't know if this is serious or not, but don't collect games. Buy ones you really want, ones you'll play more then once. My father gave me good advice when I was a kid, "Don't buy something just to buy it."

I recommend making a list of YOUR must have games and just focus on getting those.

Beyond that just emulate them.
>>
>>3267725

This is good advice.

I love collecting games, but 90% of the fun of collecting (and I think this is true for most collectors) was finding games out in the wild at flea markers, thrift stores, garage sales for reasonable prices.

Then the retro-boom and smartphones happened.

>You're just mad you can't fleece old ladies selling their son's SNES collection for pennies on the dollar.

I admit, there is a high in finding a honeypot like that, but that's not my gripe. I would love to find "wild" games now for even 50-60% of their eBay price, which I think is a reasonable value for games/systems sold in a Craigslist, garage sale or thrift store setting, but since the advent of smart phones, all these sellers do now is bring up the game on eBay, look at the highest BIN price, and price it at that.
>>
>>3267697
>before shit like Melee starts blowing up like Earthbound.
Trashed and unreadable copies of Melee can already go for $50-60.
>>
Get as many Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games as you can. F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime are starting to balloon, same with Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion.

Shit's going to be over 100 dollars soon.

Definitely start grabbing up 360, PS3, etc.
>>
>>3267791
Is it even worth buying 360/PS3 games?

Half the data isn't even on the disc and patch servers won't be up forever.
>>
>>3267830
Patch servers don't matter, the data will be hosted online forever.
>>
>>3267830
As soon as the Nintendo Wii's service went offline, someone started a pirated/hacked one.

Like, when online services fall, as long as there's a demand of even 100 people, someone somewhere is hosting that shit.
>>
>>3267838
How do you back up patches from the 360?
>>
>>3267842
No clue, but someone will have it up.
>>
>>3267839
What Wii games even had patches?

Can I have more information on this?
>>
>>3267830
>>3267838
A lot of games already have patches hosted in places and you can just patch manually.

If/when servers go offline you'll just be using the on disc version of the game, and you'll have to patch manually if you o choose.
>>
>>3267664
too late frogposter
>>
Even in the stores around my house they use eBay prices for all their games. I do have one store that will take eBay price and knock off a couple of bucks but that's the cheapest I've ever found.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.