[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which games do you think could work really well with modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: adventure.gif (2KB, 200x120px) Image search: [Google]
adventure.gif
2KB, 200x120px
Which games do you think could work really well with modern tech/graphics/sound?
>>
Pong.
>>
legend of zelda
>>
>>3266716
Thief.
>>
>>3266716
A good game works well with whatever technology it was made. If a poor game is seemingly made good with new technology then it is no longer the same game.
>>
>>3266716
Adventure wouldn't work at all with updated technology.
>>
>>3266808
Agreed.
Thi4f was a step in the wrong direction though.
>>
>>3266808
The Dark Mod exists
>>
>>3266716
Final Fantasy VII
Too bad Squeenix is fucking it up.
>>
>>3267987
>A good game works well with whatever technology it was made
no shit. The question is merely, which game would work well with modern tech. It does not imply or require that the game was made "too early" or "too ambitious for the technology"
>>
What a retarded question.
Ask: What games could NOT work well with modern tech/graphics?
>>
>>3269314
given that modern graphics includes low resolution 2D, untextured 3D and all that jazz, the answer to yours would be "none"
Now is your turn to tell why the question is retarded. Surely you know of games where the graphics were affected by the available technology?
>>
>>3269204
Hey look, it's that guy from the future who knows everything about games that haven't even gone to alpha yet
>>
File: 14143314.png (194KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
14143314.png
194KB, 563x542px
>>3269356
>it's that guy from the future

Ask Me Anything
>>
Most 2600 games would be better running on early-mid 80s arcade hardware... Nothing fancy, just enough that you can tell what stuff is and what's going on without consulting a manual

most games with slowdown, flicker, and/or <30fps frame rates would be better with those fixed

that's all I got, dgaf about HD remakes of everything under the sun
>>
Populous
>>
>>3269534
which one, and how?
>>
>>3266716
killing a dragon by touching it once with a sword would be really awkward looking with modern graphics. i'd say as far graphically that 2600 games should go is snes-tier
>>
>>3269683
Shadow of the Colossus called
>>
>>3269683
>killing a dragon by touching it once with a sword
that's not really what you imagined when you played it, is it?

>>3269689
not /vr/ but please tell me it emulates flawlessly by now and runs on toasters. I want to play this game so badly
>>
>>3269693
that's the point, once you involve realistic graphics the whole imagination part goes out the window. that's why there needs to be some kind of graphical limit or the mechanics need to be changed fundamentally.
>>
>>3269696
>that's the point
I suggested you actually show on screen what you imagined. You saying "touching it once with a sword" is being very dishonest, as that's merely the abstraction shown on the old visuals, and not what players saw.
>>
>>3269701
ok so you change the mechanics fundamentally
>>
>>3269705
no, why? Just the visuals
>>
>>3269693
>not /vr/ but please tell me it emulates flawlessly by now and runs on toasters

Nope. On the upside PS2s are cheap and it's like $10 on PS3.
>>
Going the opposite way, I think Silent Hill wouldnt work as well redone as a modern game. You'd lose something giving up the art style the game had.

Only thing would be a consistent framerate, I guess.
>>
>>3269708
changing the visuals to match your imagination involves changing the mechanic unless you want to make it just an annoying cutscene or something
>>
>>3269709
I don't have any consoles, and I can't stand the DS controller. I have patience though
>>
>>3269718
all you got to change is the animation of the dude while running around. You can leave the mechanics intact
>>
>>3269721
yeah a little sword swing animation instantly killing a dragon four times your size would look really weird. maybe if you added some lore like if it were some magic dragon insta-killer thing then maybe it'd work but otherwise no that would look bad
>>
>>3269729
>a little sword swing animation
Are you doing this on purpose? Have you imagined your character waving its metal stick or what?

Have the player character battle cry and jump in desperation when approaching the furious dragon, so the damn sword rips the dragon open right across the middle, would work just fine
>>
>>3266721
pong the next level was mediocre
>>
>>3269314
>>3269314
Any and every early survival horror from the PS2 and back.
>>
>>3266716
Yars' Revenge
>>
>>3269743
yeah that'd be like impossible to program without just making it a little cutscene.
>>
>>3269772
motion triggered by proximity, like an automated takedown. No need to go for a cutscene
>>
>>3266716
If you updated Adventure to be identical but with modern tech, it would be fucking horrible. It's essentially the first RPG/Dungeon Crawler and it's very rudimentary.
>>
>>3266716
>Which games
All the modern games that work well with modern tech/graphics/sound. Did you maybe want to be more specific?
>>
File: sierra_106.png (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
sierra_106.png
14KB, 320x200px
I actually think a lot more games should have been made in that Adventure style.

Anyway, for no reason whatsoever I nominate LOOM.
>>
>>3269710
Yeah. I always found horror games that looked graphically outdated to be a lot more scary then ones that looked extremely realistic. It's just something about a low poly demonic creature with pixel texturing that freaks me out.
>>
The question is difficult because the candidates are literally endless. What game wouldn't be improved with better graphics and technology? Look at the examples that already exist, even minor ones like Super Mario Bros AllStars. So naturally, what answers I think you're looking for lie exclusively within first generation 3D games like N64/PlayStation/Dreamcast. I'd personally love to see a modern reboot of Phantasy Star Online. Someone already mentioned FFVII. Ocarina of Time would be a prime candidate. A perfect game for its time, hindered now (according to the younger generation) by its rudimentary 3D graphics. Someone did some modeling in the unreal engine of it years back but I don't think it went anywhere. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTfrKOQFPNA
>>
a lot of 5th gen shooters and platformers would work well with modern graphics, for the most part, 5th gen looked liked crap in order to get those sweet 3dbux
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.